Continuation: Has anyone ever heard of the "Elts-see" pronunciation for Elsie?

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post yesterday! It was quite interesting!
I am hoping to find out more about the pronunciation of [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], specifically in the U.S. and U.K.
I was talking to my family yesterday about the pronunciation of our grandma’s name (she has passed away so I cannot ask her). [name_f]My[/name_f] uncle mentioned that the “els” equals “elts” thing is quite common in [name_u]Utah[/name_u], where my grandma grew up. A lot of people there pronounce [name_m]Nelson[/name_m], for example, as “Nelts-son.” What’s interesting about this is a lot of people in [name_u]Utah[/name_u] have immigrant ancestors from [name_f]England[/name_f].
A berry yesterday mentioned that she had heard the “[name_f]Elts[/name_f]-see” pronunciation from family from Northern [name_f]England[/name_f], specifically Lincolnshire, which is where my grandma’s family also originated.
I am interested in learning about how you pronounce [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], and if you have ever heard of the [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] with a slight T!
TIA!

1 Like

I feel like i have heard elts-ee before. Not sure where, but i know i have

1 Like

I have heard it befor, but i don’t know where :thinking:

1 Like

No…? [name_m]Just[/name_m] ell-see (like the letters L C)

7 Likes

I’m afraid this doesn’t help much, but like other posters, I’ve definitely heard that pronunciation before I just can’t remember where. I’ll keep thinking about it though!!

1 Like

Hmm that’s interesting ! Are you in the U K.?

Never heard it

1 Like