Continuing the family name tradition? Opinions please!

See the results of this poll: Is it weird to name my daughter Francesca after her father Francesco?

Respondents: 44 (This poll is closed)

• Yes, why on earth would you do that? : 3 (7%)
  • No, I like it!: 41 (93%)

If you both like the name, and it follows a tradition, I would use it. I don’t find it weird at all! I know a [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] (f) name for her father [name_u]James[/name_u], and nobody seems surprised. It’s a nice honor to her father and his family, and you seem to love the name ([name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is lovely, by the way). I would use it, and wouldn’t worry.

Not weird at all! I really like it and think the tradition is rather sweet, especially seeing how far back it goes! I also love the nickname Cesca!

If you actually love the name, go with it. Unless maybe you have other names you both love more? If that’s the case, maybe use the name you love or put [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] in the middle. Cesca is such a cute nickname, btw! :slight_smile:

I love it!!

[name_m]How[/name_m] funny, my best friend’s dad and sister are [name_m]Francesco[/name_m]/[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] (although he goes by [name_u]Fran[/name_u] while she uses her full name). I think Cesca makes a great nickname.

Not weird at all! I think it’s a really sweet gesture to begin with and hearing the tradition behind it makes me love it even more.

If you love it, go for it :slight_smile:

I don’t feel like you should feel obligated to use family names, but since you love it, go for it! [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is gorgeous to boot.

I love it! It’s a clever tradition with a beautiful name.

I think it’s cute!

I know a girl named [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] after her father [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. It’s doable.