Cool, but not too cool

So, I’m starting a new story and I’m having a lot of trouble with the main guy character’s name.
It’s set in modern day [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], and has a supernatural element to the story.
The character has a little bit of edge and mystery but is also kind of a normal 18/19 year old guy. He’s blonde, a little gangly, and has an infectious smile. Basically I want a cool but not too cool name. His last name is Quirke and the first name doesn’t have to be Irish. If it helps the main female character is named [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] Muldoon.

Some ideas I’ve had are:
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] (Reminds me of [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] a little too much)
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you! :smiley:

[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] - seems too obvious and similar to [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] - doesnt go with Quirke
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m] - together too over the top
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] Quirke - not too out there that it doesnt sound like a real name, but [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] still has a lot of weight and character

i personally dont mind [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] & [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], think it kinda works.

I like the sound of [name_m]Cian[/name_m] Quirke.

[name_m]Cian[/name_m] - ‘key-in’

[name_m]Casimir[/name_m]'s nice- but maybe a nn would be appropriate, like [name_m]Cas[/name_m].

I vote for [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], even though with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] you might mind the same initial. I also prefer [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] over [name_m]Finnian[/name_m]. The [name_u]Finn[/name_u] nickname can still work out.

[name_u]Kieran[/name_u], [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m], [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_m]Garrett[/name_m]/[name_m]Gareth[/name_m], [name_u]Galen[/name_u], [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] could be alternatives. I can’t think of many quirky, Irish sounding names, I’m sorry. Maybe there’s a list here around…

Thanks for all the help everyone!
I ended up using [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] but [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_m]Cian[/name_m] are both being used for other characters. :slight_smile: