Cool Cowboy or Stylish Smartypants?

We think we’ve narrowed our name choices, and we’re ready for some opinions.

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Alain[/name]
, or
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Alain[/name]

We’ve been following two rules: (1) The first name needs to sound the same in an English accent and a (basically) non-regional U.S. accent (for example, [name]Graham[/name] doesn’t work–I say “[name]Gram[/name],” and he says “Grae-ham”); (2) it must use one of the following names as a middle name: [name]Alain[/name], [name]Jacques[/name] or Pacifique (but either of these last two may be a bit much for kid in the U.S.).

What do you think? [name]Do[/name] you have other ideas we should consider?

[name]Wyatt[/name] [name]Alain[/name] - I love it. I really like the name [name]Wyatt[/name] though. I guess I do kinda get a cool cowboy vibe from it.

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Alain[/name] - I don’t think of a [name]Miles[/name] as a “smartypants” – I get a more nerdy or sensitive vibe from the name. I think with [name]Alain[/name] as a mn, for me, it softens some of the “cool vibe” I get from [name]Miles[/name] sometimes. [name]Miles[/name] is a hard name to read for me though, sorry.

Sorry, this isn’t much help. The names are tied for me!

Thanks for your response–it’s actually very helpful!

I prefer [name]Miles[/name]. I think it’s cooler but also more timeless. Plus, as someone from the UK, it has a more international sound. I like how it is an anagram of Smile too!
I think they both go equally well with your mn choice though.