Cool Enough For The No Child May Be Cool Enough Lists

Help! About a few weeks ago, we found out we were pregnant with twins. My husband been leaning towards the list of names no boy/girl are cool enough for. We both have our oldest [name]Stanley[/name] (family name but goes by [name]Stan[/name]) and daughter [name]Mildred[/name] ([name]Millie[/name]) which are both unknowingly on the not cool lists. Here are his picks:

[name]Doris[/name]
[name]Edna[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name]
[name]Irma[/name]
[name]Joyce[/name]

[name]Archibald[/name]
[name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Hyman[/name]
[name]Oswald[/name]
[name]Wilbur[/name]

I’ve managed to convince him to pass on such clunkers like [name]Beulah[/name], [name]Durwood[/name], [name]Hortense[/name], and [name]Uriah[/name]. We need your collective wisdom.

1. Which combos do you think work best? Please explain why or why not since we can handle your brutal honesty.

2. What other names would you suggest for male/female twins? We’re obviously not the [name]Britney[/name]/[name]Jaden[/name] or [name]Katelyn[/name]/[name]Ryder[/name] sort of parents.

[name]Stanley[/name], [name]Mildred[/name] ([name]Millie[/name]), and twins…

[name]Doris[/name] - Oh I like this one, nn [name]Dori[/name] !?
[name]Edna[/name] - I also like this one, cute!
[name]Gertrude[/name] - this is OK, I strongly dislike the nn [name]Trudy[/name].
[name]Irma[/name] - hmmm… I’m not sure about [name]Irma[/name]. For some reason I hear the word “worm”.
[name]Joyce[/name] - I would prefer this as a middle name.

[name]Archibald[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this! And [name]Archie[/name]!
[name]Bertram[/name] - Not a fan, and I dislike [name]Bert[/name].
[name]Hyman[/name] - NO!!! Isn’t this a naughty body part?!
[name]Oswald[/name] - I like it, [name]LOVE[/name] Os/[name]Oz[/name]!
[name]Wilbur[/name] - All I can think of is the pig.

My favorites are [name]Doris[/name], [name]Edna[/name], [name]Archibald[/name], and [name]Oswald[/name]. As for combos I like…
[name]Edna[/name] [name]Gertrude[/name] and [name]Oswald[/name] [name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Edna[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] and [name]Archibald[/name] ?
[name]Doris[/name] [name]Irma[/name] and [name]Oswald[/name] [name]Bertram[/name]

Sorry, I’m not much help!! Good luck!
BTW I think [name]Stanley[/name] and [name]Mildred[/name] ([name]Millie[/name]) are lovely!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Mildred[/name] and [name]Stanley[/name]! [name]How[/name] refreshing! here are my opinions on your husbands list:

[name]Doris[/name] - bearable. [name]Millie[/name] and [name]Dori[/name] is actually quite cute as sisters.
[name]Edna[/name] - love this because you could have a little girl with the nickname [name]Eddie[/name] - but may not be the best idea wih b/g twins as it may sound like you have b/b twins.
[name]Gertrude[/name] - can’t get on bored with this. sounds like a witch name.
[name]Irma[/name] - Prefer [name]Uma[/name]. [name]Irma[/name] sounds murky.
[name]Joyce[/name] - pretty but it actually seems to common for you guys. It would for sure get shortened to [name]Joy[/name] which isn;t so cool.

[name]Archibald[/name] - amazing! [name]LOVE[/name] this with [name]Mildred[/name] and [name]Stanley[/name] - perfect combo!
[name]Bertram[/name] - [name]Stan[/name] and [name]Bert[/name] sound like they are meant to be brothers!
[name]Hyman[/name] - really? just really? what do you intend to do psychologically to this poor child!!!
[name]Oswald[/name] - love the nickname potential of [name]Ossie[/name].
[name]Wilbur[/name] - so cute!

Are you 100% sure you are having b/g twins? I’m kinda confused by your original post about that, but if you are, then here are soe combos:
[name]Edna[/name] and [name]Archibald[/name] ([name]Eddie[/name] & [name]Archie[/name])
[name]Edna[/name] and [name]Wilbur[/name]
[name]Doris[/name] and [name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Joyce[/name] and [name]Wilbur[/name] ([name]Joy[/name] & [name]Will[/name] is very common though)

SOme other suggestions:
Boy:
[name]Wilfred[/name]
[name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Wolfgang[/name] (Wolfie)
[name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name] ([name]Alfie[/name]/[name]Al[/name] or [name]Fred[/name]/[name]Freddie[/name])
[name]Digby[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]

Girl:
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]

Some combos (including your names and new suggestions):
[name]Archibald[/name] and [name]WInifred[/name] ([name]Archie[/name] & [name]Winnie[/name])
[name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Doris[/name]
[name]Wilbur[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Wilfred[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] this!)
[name]Rupert[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Digby[/name] and [name]Alma[/name]
[name]Bartholomew[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] ([name]Bart[/name] & [name]Bea[/name])
[name]Bartholomew[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Sorry about being confusing. We’re sure that it’s twins though not sure on the sex yet. I have a strong gut feeling though that it’s a boy-girl combo. Btw, hubby’s leaning toward [name]Hyman[/name] because of a character in the Godfather movies.

It does not matter where the name [name]Hyman[/name] came from, do NOT use it!!! Although it isn’t spelled ‘hymen’ it still sounds exactly the same and your child will suffer big time in middle school and beyond.

[name]Doris[/name]
[name]Edna[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name] - my favorite! i love this name. =) prefer the nickname gertie to trudy.
[name]Irma[/name]
[name]Joyce[/name] - second favorite on your list.

your other girls names aren’t terrible, i just have nothing to say about them.

[name]Archibald[/name] - with the nickname archie, i like this.
[name]Bertram[/name] - prefer your other names
[name]Hyman[/name] - NOOOOOOOOOOOO
[name]Oswald[/name] - i actually think this would be adorable on a baby boy, then ozzy makes a cool nickname as he gets older.
[name]Wilbur[/name] - reminds me of the pig, but that is not a bad thing at all believe it or not! cute name will the possibility of will for a nickname.

Boys:

[name]Howard[/name] - [name]Howie[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name] - [name]Eddie[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name] - [name]Bernie[/name]
[name]Wheeler[/name] - well…[name]Wheeler[/name]
[name]Frank[/name] - [name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Gilbert[/name] - [name]Gil[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name] - [name]Willie[/name]
[name]Zebulon[/name] - [name]Zeb[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] - [name]Freddie[/name]

Girls:

[name]Dorthea[/name] - [name]Dori[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Tillie[/name] (although [name]Millie[/name] and [name]Tillie[/name] might be a bit much)
[name]Hazel[/name] -
[name]Mabel[/name] - [name]Bell[/name]
[name]Francis[/name] - [name]Frannie[/name]
[name]Judith[/name] - [name]Judy[/name]
[name]Betty[/name] -
[name]Margaret[/name] - [name]Peggy[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] - [name]Ali[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name] - [name]Deanie[/name] (my husband’s great aunt is [name]Nadine[/name] and goes by [name]Deanie[/name] and she is a firecracker!)
[name]Adele[/name] - [name]Addie[/name]

You guys certainly have a very different style, and it’s nice to see that. I think [name]Stanley[/name] and [name]Mildred[/name] are nice, particularly since they have nice short forms, [name]Stan[/name] and [name]Millie[/name]. However I feel like some of these are even weirder choices:

[name]Doris[/name] - Maybe change to [name]Dorothy[/name]? You still get [name]Dory[/name] as a possible nickname, and it’s still uncommon without being totally out there.
[name]Edna[/name] - Maybe change to [name]Edith[/name]? I love [name]Edie[/name].
[name]Gertrude[/name] - This is ok. [name]Trudy[/name] is alright, but it’s not as cute as [name]Millie[/name].
[name]Irma[/name] - [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Ida[/name], [name]Isadora[/name]? I really like [name]Ida[/name].
[name]Joyce[/name] - Nice enough. What about [name]Josephine[/name]?

[name]Archibald[/name] - I like this. [name]Love[/name] [name]Archie[/name].
[name]Bertram[/name] - I would like [name]Bart[/name] (Batholomew) better. Or [name]Byron[/name] or [name]Barney[/name].
[name]Hyman[/name] - Absolutely not. [name]Harry[/name], [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Horatio[/name], even [name]Hiram[/name] would be better.
[name]Oswald[/name] - Not bad.[name]Ozzy[/name] is nice, and I could even get on bored with [name]Waldo[/name]. There’s also [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Otto[/name].
[name]Wilbur[/name] - I really only think of the pig. [name]Walter[/name] maybe? [name]Stanley[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] are perfect together.

Sorry I kept coming up with replacements, but I was just trying to think of names that are still very vintage while still having some style in them.

I love love [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Stanley[/name]. It’s my grandfather’s name and I will definitely be using it one day. [name]Mildred[/name]/[name]Millie[/name] is super cute as well.

[name]Doris[/name] - I’ve actually been digging this name recently. I think it goes very nicely with your set. [name]Dori[/name] is a cute nickname. You might also like [name]Dorothy[/name]/[name]Dorothea[/name] or [name]Eudora[/name].
[name]Edna[/name] - personally I prefer [name]Edith[/name] because then you get [name]Edie[/name] as a nickname (versus [name]Eddie[/name] which is confusing in a b/g twin set).
[name]Gertrude[/name] - I actually really like [name]Gertrude[/name]. She’s a character in my favorite [name]Shakespeare[/name] play, [name]Hamlet[/name]. [name]Gertie[/name] is a cute throwback to ET and [name]Tru[/name] is a chic nickname. I love that this name is so far out there that it’s actually super cool (imo)
[name]Irma[/name] - Eh, not too big on [name]Irma[/name]. It doesn’t have any cute nicknames…
[name]Joyce[/name] - feels a bit more recent than most of the names on your list. [name]Joy[/name]/[name]Joyce[/name] could make a cute middle though.

[name]Archibald[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name!
[name]Bertram[/name] - I like the [name]Bert[/name] names. [name]Bertram[/name] is great. I also love [name]Albert[/name]. Oh and [name]Alfred[/name].
[name]Hyman[/name] - agree with all the pps. Too close to the female anatomy.
[name]Oswald[/name] - love [name]Oswald[/name]! [name]Oz[/name]/[name]Ozzie[/name] is such a cute nickname!
[name]Wilbur[/name] - Kind of prefer [name]Wilfred[/name], because [name]Wilbur[/name] just makes me think of [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name]. But it’s still a good name.

With [name]Stanley[/name] and [name]Mildred[/name] ([name]Stan[/name] and [name]Millie[/name]) I would name twins [name]Archibald[/name] and [name]Gertrude[/name] ([name]Archie[/name] and [name]Tru[/name]). Though I think [name]Edith[/name] and [name]Bertram[/name] ([name]Edie[/name] and [name]Bert[/name]), [name]Edith[/name] and [name]Albert[/name] ([name]Edie[/name] and [name]Albie[/name]/[name]Bert[/name]), [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Archibald[/name] ([name]Archie[/name] and [name]Dot[/name]) or [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Oswald[/name] ([name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Oz[/name]) would make great sets!

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Love[/name], love your children”s names of [name]Stanley[/name] ([name]Stan[/name]) and [name]Mildred[/name] ([name]Millie[/name])! [name]Stanley[/name]”s a royal dukedom family name and [name]Mildred[/name]”s so far vintage that it”s very chic. It”s all so VERY nameberry. Your husband has such an awesome idea of going to those lists. Here are a few more from those lists to reconsider:

[name]Burton[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Milton[/name]
[name]Wilfred[/name]

[name]Eunice[/name]
[name]Helga[/name]
[name]Phyllis[/name]
[name]Shirley[/name]

With regard to your own list:

[name]Doris[/name] ” eh, ok
[name]Edna[/name] ” my favorite. Instead of thinking of [name]Eddie[/name] as a nickname, consider [name]Edie[/name].
[name]Gertrude[/name] ” very [name]Shakespeare[/name]. I do like [name]Trudy[/name] though since it”s very Mad Men.
[name]Irma[/name] ” not feeling it
[name]Joyce[/name] ” better as a middle name

[name]Archibald[/name] ” celebs [name]Amy[/name] Poehler and [name]Will[/name] [name]Arnett[/name] chose it and go w/[name]Archie[/name]. [name]Major[/name] points.
[name]Bertram[/name] ” another Mad Men name and I like [name]Bert[/name].
[name]Hyman[/name] ” only a gynecologist would love it”hence no.
[name]Oswald[/name] ” the nickname [name]Ozzy[/name] alone is so cute
[name]Wilbur[/name] ” the literary pig will always be a factor that”s both good & bad

If there”s such a thing as style name gentrification, you and your husband are it. [name]Bravo[/name]!

I also love [name]Mildred[/name] and [name]Stanley[/name]. I love all your names on this list, with the possible exception of [name]Hyman[/name] (I haven’t read all the comments, but I suspect I am not the first to bring up the womanly bit: hymen). Also on the "no boy may be cool enough list is [name]Irving[/name], which I adore. I also really like [name]Eunice[/name].

[name]Doris[/name] and [name]Archibald[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name] and [name]Bertram[/name] (I love that there is a resonance in the ert without the names rhyming, though I suspect you open yourself up to [name]Gertie[/name] and [name]Bertie[/name] which might bug you).

[name]Edna[/name] and [name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Joyce[/name] and [name]Wilbur[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name] and [name]Oswald[/name] (ooh, love this combo)

[name]Doris[/name]
[name]Edna[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name]
[name]Irma[/name]
[name]Joyce[/name]

[name]Archibald[/name]
[name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Hyman[/name]
[name]Oswald[/name]
[name]Wilbur[/name]

Ok, ok [name]Hyman[/name]'s definitely out! Thanks for your input. What were we thinking?! Besides the “no boy/girl may be cool enough” lists, we went to the Social Security website and looked at what was popular a hundred years ago around 1900s/1910s. Here’s a few that I want to bounce of all the berries:

[name]Blanche[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Inez[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

[name]Alton[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Gerald[/name]
[name]Perry[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

Again, we’re expecting twins and I’m guessing a boy-girl combo. Our oldest is four-year-old [name]Stanley[/name] ([name]Stan[/name]) and a two-year-old daughter [name]Mildred[/name] ([name]Millie[/name]). We’ve crossing off anything on the hipster/yupster lists both on Nameberry and in Beyond [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Aiden[/name]. Basically, not classic, indifferent to stylish, very avant-garde, truly vintage, open to international, and nor too unisex. Open to even the harshest criticisms and every suggestion (initials, nicknames, middle names, et al)!

[name]Blanche[/name] - I love this name. However, I have a hard time picturing a little girl named [name]Blanche[/name]. It is rather sophisticated though so it’s a good option.
[name]Florence[/name] - not so much
[name]Inez[/name] - again, not so much
[name]Luella[/name] - I like it! Very different without being weird and actually quite lovely.
[name]Viola[/name] - Ahhh, Shakespear’s [name]Viola[/name]. Another lovely name.

[name]Alton[/name] - OK
[name]Ellis[/name] - very nice and definitely unique.
[name]Gerald[/name] - OK
[name]Perry[/name] - another nice name that is different without being too out there.
[name]Vincent[/name] - like [name]Vincent[/name] but it doesn’t go well with [name]Stan[/name] and [name]Millie[/name]. It seems rather Italian to me.

I really respect you guys for having your own naming style. I really love how refreshing your name choices are.

I really like some of your name options. Below are my opinions:

[name]Doris[/name] - I like it. Reminds me of [name]Doris[/name] [name]Day[/name], which is a great association.
[name]Edna[/name] - Not my favorite, but fits with your naming style. Very refreshing on a child.
[name]Gertrude[/name] - I like the nn [name]Trudy[/name]. I think this could work.
[name]Irma[/name] - I prefer [name]Edna[/name] to [name]Irma[/name]. [name]Irma[/name] reminds me of ermine.
[name]Joyce[/name] - I actually love this name. Its a guilty pleasure of mine. I disagree with the previous poster that it would be automatically nn [name]Joy[/name]. (I knew a [name]Joyce[/name] as a child and it never occurred to me to call her [name]Joy[/name] - she went by [name]Joyce[/name]).
[name]Blanche[/name] - I really like this name a lot.
[name]Florence[/name] - This is my favorite from your list. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Flora[/name] or [name]Flossie[/name]. This is a wonderful name.
[name]Inez[/name] - A lovely name. Has a very Hispanic feel to me, which may cause it to stick out with your other kids’ names.
[name]Luella[/name] - Okay, not my favorite.
[name]Viola[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this.

[name]Archibald[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name!
[name]Bertram[/name] - This is also cool, but I don’t love it as much as I love [name]Archibald[/name]. I don’t really dig the nn [name]Bert[/name].
[name]Oswald[/name] - This is a cool name. The nn [name]Oz[/name] or [name]Ozzie[/name] is really awesome.
[name]Wilbur[/name] - I prefer [name]Walter[/name] to [name]Wilbur[/name].
[name]Alton[/name] - I like this a lot! It reminds me of [name]Alton[/name] [name]Brown[/name] from the Food Network.
[name]Ellis[/name] - ‘[name]El[/name]’ names are very popular for girls right now, so I might avoid this one. ([name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Ella[/name], even [name]Elliot[/name])
[name]Gerald[/name] - This is okay, but I dislike the nn [name]Gerry[/name].
[name]Perry[/name] - I like this okay.
[name]Vincent[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name. My favorite nn for this is [name]Vance[/name].

So, my favorites from your list are:
[name]Doris[/name], [name]Joyce[/name], [name]Blanche[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name], [name]Oswald[/name], [name]Alton[/name], [name]Vincent[/name]

Good luck finding the perfect name and congrats on your twins!

It’s really nice to see someone else with a similar naming style! The names my husband and I are considering right now are [name]Gideon[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name], but some of your names are on my short list!

[name]Doris[/name] - I like it, but I prefer [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Edna[/name] - It’s nice too, but I like [name]Edith[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name] - I could see it.
[name]Irma[/name] - Ditto
[name]Joyce[/name] - I like [name]Joy[/name] names, especially [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Blanche[/name] - I really like this name a lot, and I think a little girl could carry it.
[name]Florence[/name] - This is a wonderful name!
[name]Inez[/name] - Also interesting
[name]Luella[/name] - This may be my favorite on you girls list.
[name]Viola[/name] - Or this.

Your boys names I love love love

[name]Archibald[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name so much! It’s very near my favorite of all boys names.
[name]Bertram[/name] - Another name from my list. I don’t love it as much as I love [name]Archibald[/name].
[name]Oswald[/name] - I hadn’t thought of this one, but it’s on my list now
[name]Wilbur[/name] - [name]Wilbur[/name] is ALSO very very near the top of my list. I’d hate to see it shortened to plain 'ole [name]Will[/name] though.
[name]Alton[/name] - I like it, but I can’t stand [name]Alton[/name] from the Food Network, so that ruins it for me
[name]Ellis[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], but probably the closest to being popular on your list.
[name]Gerald[/name] - Another fine name.
[name]Perry[/name] - My least favorite of your list.
[name]Vincent[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Bertram[/name]! I am using it for a character in my novel, and it is an [name]Austen[/name] name!

For the girls, I like [name]Doris[/name] the best, I think. I might throw in [name]Agatha[/name], just because I have recently fallen for that name (never thought I would).

But PLEASE use [name]Bertram[/name]! :slight_smile:

(P.S. [name]Love[/name] [name]Stanley[/name]! Family name for me too, and I just think it sounds so strong)

We’ll never be able to do a No-Child-[name]May[/name]-Be-Cool-Enough list again!!!

Your names for your kids are so refreshing! Fabulous.
I love the names [name]Stanley[/name] and [name]Millie[/name], and I think I could get used to [name]Mildred[/name]. Stylish names today don’t have a lot of “d’s” in them, so we have to get used to the “d” sound, especially when there are two “d’s”.
It’s funny, but I have a lot more tolerance for unusual boys’ name than I have for similar girls’ names.
So I really love [name]Archibald[/name], Bertam, and [name]Oswald[/name], but the girls’ names on your list are a bit too out there for me. I love a name that is similar to [name]Edna[/name] and that is [name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name]. I love [name]Trudy[/name], the nn for [name]Gertrude[/name], but I don’t like [name]Gertrude[/name] very much. I know a lady named [name]Trudy[/name] who is very kind and intelligent.
My son used to have a stuffed animal that was a bat named [name]Bertram[/name]. But he lost it at the [name]Hawaii[/name] airport. We all love the name [name]Bertram[/name] because of that cute little bat.
My favorite name on your lists is [name]Archibald[/name] nn [name]Archie[/name]. It is so handsome and different! I would consider using it myself.

What I’m currently thinking…

1. It seems like [name]Archibald[/name] is leading the pack. The nickname [name]Archie[/name] really stands out but what do you think of nickname [name]Arch[/name]?

2. Loving the combo of [name]Gertrude[/name]/[name]Bertram[/name] w/the nickname [name]Trudy[/name]/[name]Bert[/name]. It seems to fit so well w/[name]Stan[/name] and [name]Millie[/name].

3. Not feeling [name]Alton[/name] as much w/the strong tv personality association.

4. Like [name]Luella[/name] but nickname [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] are too common for us.

5. If it’s girl-girl twins, I maybe tempted to go with [name]Viola[/name] & [name]Gertrude[/name] but it could be too [name]Shakespeare[/name]. If it’s boy-boy, I’m definitely not going w/[name]Perry[/name] & [name]Ellis[/name].

6. Having a harder time with boys, since I don’t like the nicknames as much for [name]Gerald[/name] ([name]Jerry[/name]) or [name]Vincent[/name] ([name]Vince[/name]/[name]Vinnie[/name]). Would love some more boy suggestions.

7. What other sources would be great for our “cool enough for no child cool enough” tastes?

You may want to see what was popular during the 40’s through 60’s to find other names that aren’t typically used now. Most people shy away from names from their parent’s generation, so that might be a good place to look for something “cool enough for the no child may be cool enough”. Below are some names that I think might work with your style:

[name]Lloyd[/name]
[name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Ernest[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Earl[/name]
[name]Harold[/name]
[name]Maurice[/name]
[name]Ronald[/name]
[name]Randall[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Donald[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name] (might be too close to [name]Stanley[/name])

[name]Justine[/name]
[name]Myrtle[/name]
[name]Carla[/name]
[name]Eglantine[/name]
[name]Wendy[/name]
[name]Darla[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Eileen[/name]
[name]Eustace[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Karen[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]

By the way, I don’t think [name]Viola[/name] and [name]Gertrude[/name] would be too [name]Shakespeare[/name] - I think its subtle enough to be very cool.

You may want to see what was popular during the 40’s through 60’s to find other names that aren’t typically used now. Most people shy away from names from their parent’s generation, so that might be a good place to look for something “cool enough for the no child may be cool enough”. Below are some names that I think might work with your style:

[name]Lloyd[/name]
[name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Ernest[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Earl[/name]
[name]Harold[/name]
[name]Maurice[/name]
[name]Ronald[/name]
[name]Randall[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Donald[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name] (might be too close to [name]Stanley[/name])

[name]Justine[/name]
[name]Myrtle[/name]
[name]Carla[/name]
[name]Eglantine[/name]
[name]Wendy[/name]
[name]Darla[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Eileen[/name]
[name]Eustace[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Karen[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]

By the way, I don’t think [name]Viola[/name] and [name]Gertrude[/name] would be too [name]Shakespeare[/name] - I think its subtle enough to be very cool.