Cool Enough For The No Child May Be Cool Enough Lists

I actually really love [name]Doris[/name]. [name]Doris[/name] [name]Day[/name] is my favorite actress-my 2 yr old knows who she is!-and I think [name]Doris[/name] could really make a (modest) comeback. [name]Dory[/name] is adorable with [name]Millie[/name]!
My fave boy name from your list is [name]Archibald[/name].

[name]Stan[/name], [name]Millie[/name], [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Dory[/name]. [name]How[/name] cute is that?!

I actually really love [name]Doris[/name]. [name]Doris[/name] [name]Day[/name] is my favorite actress-my 2 yr old knows who she is!-and I think [name]Doris[/name] could really make a (modest) comeback. [name]Dory[/name] is adorable with [name]Millie[/name]!
My fave boy name from your list is [name]Archibald[/name].

[name]Stan[/name], [name]Millie[/name], [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Dory[/name]. [name]How[/name] cute is that?!

[name]Blanche[/name] - An interesting choice. I don’t love it, but it’s not bad.
[name]Florence[/name] - Also not a bad choice, but I’ve never understood why people like it. [name]Flora[/name] is just so much nicer to me.
[name]Inez[/name] - I actually kind of like this.
[name]Luella[/name] - Not a fan. This is one feminization I’m not a fan of. [name]Louisa[/name] would be better.
[name]Viola[/name] - [name]Love[/name] love love this.

[name]Alton[/name] - Kind of boring.
[name]Ellis[/name] - I kind of like it. People have been using it for their daughters though.
[name]Gerald[/name] - Also kind of boring rather than interesting vintage. Not as cool as [name]Stan[/name].
[name]Perry[/name] - I kind of like this. Would probably be my favorite of your new ideas for boys.
[name]Vincent[/name] - Ok, but doesn’t seem very vintage with your other names. I know one [name]Stan[/name] my age, and one [name]Millie[/name], but I know several [name]Vincents[/name]/Vinces.

I could be way off base but I think [name]Walter[/name] would be a great brother to [name]Stanley[/name].

With [name]Stanley[/name] ([name]Stan[/name]) and [name]Mildred[/name] ([name]Millie[/name]), I like:
[name]Archibald[/name] - [name]Arch[/name] and [name]Archie[/name] both fit well
[name]Oscar[/name] - I like it better than [name]Oswald[/name] because the ‘ld’ with [name]Mildred[/name] seems too much - this may not bother you though
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Bertram[/name] - this might be perfection with [name]Stan[/name]!
[name]Arnold[/name] - [name]Arnie[/name] (but not with [name]Bert[/name] since it sounds a bit like [name]Ernie[/name]!)
[name]Perry[/name] - not strong like [name]Stan[/name] imo
[name]Ellis[/name] - too unisex I’m afraid
[name]Gordon[/name]
[name]Wilbur[/name] - probably would be shortened to [name]Will[/name] which is not exciting at all. Unless you would do [name]Burt[/name]? I think others’ suggestion of [name]Walter[/name] might work better with [name]Stanley[/name] and [name]Millie[/name]. Maybe [name]Warren[/name]?

[name]Viola[/name] - doesn’t have the same vibe as [name]Mildred[/name]/[name]Millie[/name] to me at all. Much more likely to be trendy and popular especially with [name]Violet[/name] rising.
[name]Gertrude[/name] - I like both [name]Gertrude[/name] and [name]Bertram[/name] with the older two but I don’t think I like them as twins - a little too rhyme-y. My favorite nn for [name]Gertrude[/name] is [name]Gertie[/name] though which is obviously un-usable with [name]Bert[/name].
[name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Doris[/name] - like others, I prefer [name]Dorothy[/name] - not sure if you are considering that
[name]Edna[/name] - I like it and actually think [name]Eddie[/name] is cute except that it might cause confusion gender-wise with twins. [name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name] might work
[name]Bernadette[/name] - not sure of a good nn though
[name]Florence[/name] - I really like this with [name]Mildred[/name]! [name]Florrie[/name], [name]Flossie[/name], cute!
[name]Rhoda[/name]

[name]Favorite[/name] combos:
[name]Bertram[/name] and [name]Franklin[/name] - [name]Bert[/name] and [name]Frank[/name]
[name]Bertram[/name] and [name]Florence[/name] - [name]Bert[/name] and [name]Florrie[/name]
[name]Florence[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] - [name]Florrie[/name] and [name]Dotty[/name] (I love how [name]Mildred[/name], [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] all have unique sounds but have the same vibe)

Good luck!

More thoughts…

1. I’m liking [name]Walter[/name] but not the nickname [name]Wally[/name].

2. Thinking about [name]Betty[/name] but not liking the rhyming with [name]Stanley[/name] and [name]Millie[/name] and possibly [name]Archie[/name].

3. [name]Archibald[/name] [name]Bertram[/name] as a first and middle?

4. [name]Joyce[/name] works as a great middle but unsure of the first name.

5. [name]Wallis[/name] as girl’s first name yet not coming up with any nicknames.

6. Maybe, I’m thinking about this wrong. Should I come up with the nickname first and then figure out a full first name?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Walter[/name] for you. also agree that [name]Wally[/name] isnt the best nickname. You could use the nn [name]Walt[/name] - or is that to Disney for you? [name]Stan[/name], [name]Millie[/name], [name]Walt[/name] and ______ work well together (i feel like [name]Stan[/name] and [name]Walt[/name] come from the same generation, thats why they work so well)!

I also love the nn [name]Arch[/name] for [name]Archibald[/name] - maybe even more then [name]Archie[/name]! Maybe that way you could use the name [name]Betty[/name], since then you would have [name]Stan[/name], [name]Millie[/name], [name]Arch[/name] and [name]Betty[/name] (that way only the girls would have an -y/-ie ending…but then again i bet once [name]Archibald[/name] gets to school he will be called [name]Archie[/name] by his friends)

[name]Archibald[/name] [name]Bertram[/name] sounds perfect!

So you’re interested in [name]Wallis[/name] for a girl? I can see the appeal, but it sounds to much like [name]Wallace[/name] to me - such a masculine name. Maybe another boys name for you to consider? You may like the name [name]Willa[/name] though, its a great vintage name which works really well with [name]Stanley[/name] and [name]Mildred[/name]. Actually - maybe [name]Willa[/name] would make a better middle name for you, you could use [name]Wilhelmina[/name] wich works AMAZINGLY with [name]Stan[/name] and [name]Millie[/name] - [name]Stanley[/name], [name]Mildred[/name], [name]Archibald[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] ([name]Stan[/name], [name]Millie[/name], [name]Arch[/name] and [name]Willa[/name]). I think i just fell in love!

PS: there is a blog out there called Design Mom, and the name of her children really reminded me of your style. She has a [name]Ralph[/name], [name]Maude[/name], [name]Olive[/name] (g), [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Betty[/name] and [name]June[/name] - maybe some other names to think about! I especially love [name]Ralph[/name].

OOPS

-“maybe [name]Willa[/name] would make a better middle name for you”
I really meant to say nick name! [name]Willa[/name] as a nick name!

…im really missing the edit button

I’m not sure a [name]Walter[/name] has to be [name]Wally[/name]. My sister is a [name]Rebecca[/name] who goes by [name]Becca[/name] or [name]Bec[/name] but absolutely not [name]Becky[/name]. Although I have to admit the posibility of [name]Wally[/name] messes up [name]Walter[/name] for me too because my hubby calls my son [name]Paul[/name] - [name]Pauly[/name], [name]Wally[/name].

I really like [name]Wally[/name] as a nickname for [name]Walter[/name], but if you want to avoid it there is [name]Walt[/name]. [name]Walt[/name] goes better with [name]Stan[/name] anyway.

[name]Walter[/name] absolutely does not have to be [name]Wally[/name]! My grandfather (a wonderful man) is named [name]Walter[/name], and he goes by [name]Walt[/name] usually.

Also, I know a teenage [name]Walter[/name] who has always just been “[name]Walter[/name].”

It’s a great name!

You’re already getting great advice from the other berries, so I just wanted to pop in and tell you how much I love your kids’ names! [name]Stanley[/name] is actually a favorite of mine. I think it’s so cute! [name]Mildred[/name] is nice too, especially with the nickname [name]Millie[/name]. It’s good to know there are other people out there who love the names no kid may be cool enough for!

[name]Ramona[/name] - [name]Mona[/name], [name]Romy[/name]
[name]Enid[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] -[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name]- [name]Aggie[/name]
[name]Katharine[/name] - [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Shirley[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Bernadette[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Theadora[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]

[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Bartholomew[/name]

I have family member whose daughter is named [name]Wallace[/name] after her father. I thought it was kind of cool. I don’t think [name]Wallis[/name] really fits with the style you’re going for and with your kid’s names though. Combing through the top names for 1890-1899 I found a few names I think would work, here they are:

Girls
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Berenice[/name]
[name]Enid[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]
[name]Sibyl[/name]
[name]Margery[/name]
[name]Lorna[/name]
[name]Bethel[/name]
[name]Hester[/name]

Boys
[name]Barney[/name]
[name]Merle[/name]
[name]Chauncey[/name]
[name]Ellsworth[/name]
[name]Garfield[/name]
[name]Lowell[/name] (My fahter’s name)
[name]Abner[/name]
[name]Wendell[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]

Out of some of the ones you already chose I like [name]Archibald[/name], [name]Bertram[/name], [name]Doris[/name] and [name]Edna[/name].

HTH!