Cool Girl Names

What names scream “cool girl” to you? Not in like the popular or mean girls or preppy kind of way. More in the confident, calm, has her own style, stands her ground, is nice to people kind of cool girl way.

For me, the ultimate cool girl name is [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]. I love her. [name_m]Alas[/name_m], DH does not. I may be able to swindle it as middle name eventually, but I think she’ll just always be my crush.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] any names feel this way to you? Always curious to see different perspectives - and add to my list!

2 Likes

For me it’s [name_u]Tate[/name_u]! [name_u]Tate[/name_u] just seems like the coolest girl, but same as you, my bf is not a fan. He said he’d be open to using it as a middle one day but not a first name and not with the name we picked out for our first girl (unless that changes by the time we actually have a girl).

[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_f]Marieke[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

well going by how you described her, Lorelai!! my friends name and she’s exactly as you described!

@Emarkulics oh [name_u]Tate[/name_u] is good! I’ve considered it from time to time. It’s sort of a nickname of mine from one specific person so it’s always in my back pocket as an honor name for me. Because if there can be little boy Jrs running around, I can name my daughter after me!

1 Like

@Ehrob1 [name_u]Blair[/name_u] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] for sure! I love both of these. [name_f]Marieke[/name_f] is not one I hear often, and I do like the [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] spelling - it does seem a little fresher!

Two real cool girl names to me are Maya and Luella. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what it is about them that evokes this sense. I think it’s something about the sound of the former for me, plus it has a very streamlined, versatile vibe to it that makes it quite ‘cool’. I also associate it with actor Maya Hawke, Ethan Hawke’s and Uma Thurman’s daughter, who I think of as cool I guess. Luella fits the bill for me I think because of the British fashion designer and also, like Maya, on an aesthetic level. Some other names that seem cool to me are:

Anouk
Della
Giselle
Edie
Freya
Astrid
Thea
Uma
Hadley
Iris
Amélie
Margot
Wren
Paloma
Stella
Noa
Willa
Rue
Allegra
Liv
Alba

harper :sunny:

I completely agree on [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], such a cool girl name. For me most of the names that give me that vibe are very sleek and unisex

[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Greer[/name_u]
[name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Vale[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]

[name_u]Lennox[/name_u] or [name_u]Laramie[/name_u]

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]! For some reason this is the first name that pops into my head when you gave that description!

Ooh a few on my list would love input on your faves: [name_m]Hart[/name_m], [name_f]Lenora[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_u]Joss[/name_u] & [name_u]Keller[/name_u]

Short and spunky names come to mind!

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Zora[/name_f]
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f]

[name_u]Sloane[/name_u] is so cool!!

[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f], [name_f]Alba[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] and [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] give me that vibe

[name_u]Bridger[/name_u]
[name_u]Avi[/name_u]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]

Not sure why exactly, but these names give me that vibe

[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Colby[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_f]Hera[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]

[name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Cerys[/name_f]
[name_f]Ravenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Bryn[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]! How about:

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Greer[/name_u]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Candice[/name_f]

Team [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] all the way!

I also agree with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_u]Blair[/name_u]

And [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

And I think [name_u]Jade[/name_u], too :thinking:

I think [name_u]Jade[/name_u] is cool and maybe

[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]