Cool Name List: What do you Think?

So I’ve been searching to find some less-common but pretty girls names, although some of the names in the following list are quite common, but I still really like them. So please comment, rate, etc. Thanks! Ps, I want HONEST opinions, my feelings won’t be hurt!!!

[name]Lux[/name]/Luxe/Luxxe (pron. [name]Lux[/name])
[name]Lowri[/name] (pron. [name]Lou[/name] as in LOUd-[name]Ree[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] (pron. Eye-Luh)
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Vrai[/name] OR Vraia (pron. Vray (uh))
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Zen[/name]
[name]Suri[/name]
Ziriah/Ziria (pron. Zeer-EE-Uh)
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Sonnet[/name]
[name]Zen[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
… This is all for now, might add some later!

hi :slight_smile:

[name]Lux[/name]/Luxe/Luxxe (pron. [name]Lux[/name]) - I like the [name]Lux[/name] spelling most because I think the others look like they are used to describe something luxourious, if that makes sense. I think it’s a really cool name.

[name]Lowri[/name] (pron. [name]Lou[/name] as in LOUd-[name]Ree[/name]) - this used to be one of my favourites, especially because of the artist L.S.[name]Lowri[/name]. I think it has a nice sound, but there are a lot of nicer names out there.

[name]Ava[/name] - I love this despite its popularity, I think it sounds gorgeous.

[name]Isla[/name] (pron. Eye-Luh) - I think I’m in the minority here but I don’t love this one, I think its an ok name but I can still see why people like it.

[name]Belle[/name] - I love this name, beautiful in its simplicity.

[name]Scarlett[/name] - I do love it, [name]Scarlet[/name] is my favourite colour, but I’d be afraid of her getting Scar as a nn, however I do love [name]Lettie[/name]/ [name]Letty[/name].

[name]Violet[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! Personally, I can’t fault this name :slight_smile:

[name]Willow[/name] - I’m a big fan of nature names, and I think this is really pretty. I can only see a super tall, tanned and slender girl with the name [name]Willow[/name] though.

[name]Willa[/name] - I love how vintage this name sounds, it might get confused for [name]Willow[/name] though.

[name]Vrai[/name] OR Vraia (pron. Vray (uh)) - I don’t like Vraia, but [name]Vrai[/name] is nice. I think it sounds nicer than it looks, I think it would be cute as a middle name and I like the meaning, I love most things french.

[name]Romy[/name] - [name]Love[/name], I adore on its own or as a nn for [name]Romilly[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name]. One of my favourites.

[name]Zen[/name] - Not sure about this, I think it sounds quite boy-ish. It could be nice as a nn for [name]Astoria[/name] though.

[name]Suri[/name] - I think that the [name]Cruise[/name]'s chose a brilliant name for their little girl, but I think you will have that connection for a very long time.

Ziriah/Ziria (pron. Zeer-EE-Uh) - I don’t really like the sound of this one. I love [name]Zinnia[/name] though.

[name]Ellie[/name] - I’m an [name]Elena[/name] who chose to be [name]Ellie[/name] for a number of years. I am very sick of it now, mostly due to its popularity, and I’d rather be known as [name]Elena[/name] now.

[name]Story[/name] - I think this is really cool, not sure how well it would age, but I’d love to meet a little story.

[name]Sonnet[/name] - I think this sounds a bit masculine as well, but it has a really nice sound. I guess it could go both ways, maybe I’m completely wrong and it is only a girls name, it just has a bit of a masculine feel to me.

[name]Zen[/name]

[name]Lilac[/name] - I prefer [name]Lila[/name] or [name]Lily[/name], I think [name]Lilac[/name] sounds a bit harsh.

[name]Lavender[/name] - I love the name [name]Lavender[/name]! I think it sounds so pretty and delicate

nice list, my favourite has to be [name]Romy[/name]!

The reason I like [name]Willow[/name] is because I read once that a woman named her duaghter [name]Willow[/name] because her daughter has a condition that makes her bones very frail and breakables, but [name]Willow[/name] Trees bend instead of breaking :slight_smile:

[name]Lux[/name]/Luxe/Luxxe - I really like [name]Lux[/name] but no other spelling.
[name]Lowri[/name] - [name]Lowry[/name]? Not my favorite, sorry.
[name]Ava[/name] - cute but so common.
[name]Isla[/name] (pron. Eye-Luh) - nice
[name]Belle[/name] - I like it
[name]Scarlett[/name] - very nice
[name]Violet[/name] - nice
[name]Willow[/name] - lovely!
[name]Willa[/name] - nice
[name]Vrai[/name] OR Vraia (pron. Vray (uh)) - not sure
[name]Romy[/name] - love it
[name]Zen[/name] - no
[name]Suri[/name] - not really
Ziriah/Ziria (pron. Zeer-EE-Uh) - not sure
[name]Ellie[/name] - cute nickname
[name]Story[/name] - ok
[name]Sonnet[/name] - I like it
[name]Lilac[/name] - nice
[name]Lavender[/name] - kinda nice
My top 3: [name]Romy[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Sonnet[/name]

[name]Lux[/name]/Luxe/Luxxe (pron. [name]Lux[/name]) ” I”m definitely going for [name]Lux[/name]. It”s a simple spelling, really, but much nicer than the double X”s, and gives it a more classic appearance, though it”s got that edge to be sleek, cool, and possibly popular if anyone ever gave it the consideration it deserved. But, I”m glad nobody does, I”ll admit. (: Luxe also has a fairly modern, interestingly cool appeal to it.
[name]Lowri[/name] (pron. [name]Lou[/name] as in LOUd-[name]Ree[/name]) ” [name]Lowri[/name] is very, very interesting. I”m sort of liking the look and sound to it, but if I”m not careful I find myself saying it loud-ree. As in the word loud. Despite that, it has potential, but a slightly rough look. And it reminds me of some little pooch that”s breed name is similar to this…
[name]Ava[/name] ” [name]Ava[/name]”s quite the popular attention-stealer, indeed. But whilst [name]Ava[/name] has an interesting sound, I”ve always found that the Germanic [name]Ada[/name] has all of [name]Ava[/name]”s appeal minus the popularity. Plus, I believe that it has the namesake of [name]Augusta[/name] [name]Ada[/name] [name]King[/name], the [name]Countess[/name] of Lovelace ([name]Ada[/name] Lovelace), and she was a daughter of [name]Lord[/name] [name]Bryon[/name]”s. She was an assistant to [name]Charles[/name] Babbage, the inventor of an early mechanical computer. (Not sure if completely accurate; information from Behindthename.com.)
[name]Isla[/name] (pron. Eye-Luh) ” [name]Isla[/name]”s on the rise, too. It has the potential of being very pretty, if it wasn”t for the growing population of little [name]Isla[/name]”s, I think. :smiley: But, it”s not as popular as [name]Ava[/name], and thus I”m a bit warmer to it; there are also many variations that are similar, so that”s a plus.
[name]Belle[/name] ” [name]Belle[/name] is pretty, but it does have a literal meaning of ”beautiful”, like [name]Bella[/name]. I think it”s much less popular than [name]Bella[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name], but retains that sort of eloquence and peaceful quality. [name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name] and so on are possible considerations for a full name, if you”re planning to use it as a nickname. (:
[name]Scarlett[/name] ” I personally dislike [name]Scarlett[/name], though the color is thoroughly attractive. I”ll confess that I have a slight love for [name]Crimson[/name], but thusly don”t feel the same for [name]Scarlett[/name]. However, I do find the two T”s much lovelier than simply one. :smiley:
[name]Violet[/name] ” [name]Violet[/name] is quite the charmer. It”s got both a lively and lovely ring to it! (: [name]Violette[/name] and [name]Viola[/name], not to mention other variations, are all possible as well, which is good in the long run. My computer always wants [name]Violette[/name] to be violate, tehe. I always conjure up the prettiest image of violet hues, or perhaps the violet flowers themselves in lush green grass with a blue sky overhead.
[name]Willow[/name] ” It”s truly a shame that [name]Willow[/name]”s so known now. :confused: Otherwise, I”d fully embrace it; but I can still keep it for a animal, I suppose. If it doesn”t bother you, I”d go for it, but otherwise balance it out with something classical/traditional, perhaps.
[name]Willa[/name] ” I kind of find [name]Willa[/name] attractive, but more so when used as a nickname. (; I don”t think its all elegance like [name]Wilhelmina[/name], but it would be a lovely nickname for it. I find it rather cute, in a sort of stylishly old-lady manner.
[name]Vrai[/name] OR Vraia (pron. Vray (uh)) ” Not finding them attractive in the long run. I don”t know; they both seem harsh to me, whilst Vraia could compete for more feminine. Then again, [name]Vrai[/name]”s strangely not as harsh in my eyes. Not a fan of either. :confused:
[name]Romy[/name] ” I”ll admit that I find [name]Romy[/name] darling. (: It”s very [name]Remy[/name] to me, too, though. I like [name]Remy[/name]; but thus it seems less feminine and more boyish to me.
[name]Zen[/name] ” [name]Zen[/name]”s very… peaceful. (; Sorry. Anyhow, I think it”s fine; especially when used as a nickname. I like [name]Zenobia[/name], for instance.
[name]Suri[/name] ” [name]Suri[/name] is cute indeed! Very celebrity related, however, thanks to [name]Cruise[/name]. (; That is one adorable little girl, though!
Ziriah/Ziria (pron. Zeer-EE-Uh) ” I”m finding that I want to say it zi-ruh. Perhaps it”s the influence of another name ” very difficult, can”t fully recall it, but the nickname was Zy” ” but I do think it”s nice.
[name]Ellie[/name] ” [name]Ellie[/name]”s cute. I have a friend whom”s name is [name]Eleanor[/name], but she goes by [name]Ellie[/name] a majority of the time.
[name]Story[/name] ” Darling. It”s right there with [name]Fable[/name], for me.
[name]Sonnet[/name] ” I think there”s an appeal to it, and it”s very gracefully melodic.
[name]Zen[/name] ” See above.
[name]Lilac[/name] ” [name]Lilac[/name]”s cute; but I prefer [name]Lavender[/name].
[name]Lavender[/name] ” Beautiful and unusual. Enough said.

[name]Lux[/name]/Luxe/Luxxe–I like [name]Lux[/name]! I also like [name]Luz[/name] and [name]Lucida[/name]…

[name]Lowri[/name]–I like it b/c of the author, [name]Lois[/name] [name]Lowry[/name]…very distinctive and cool!

[name]Ava[/name]–[name]Way[/name] too popular, sorry. What about [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Ada[/name]?

[name]Isla[/name]–very pretty!

[name]Belle[/name]–I prefer it as a mn personally…plus all the “belle” names are sooo trendy right now…

[name]Scarlett[/name]–Nice, but getting trendy…

[name]Violet[/name]–Pretty. The issue: Popularity is racing straight to the top. What about [name]Violetta[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name], or [name]Virginia[/name]?

[name]Willow[/name]–I prefer [name]Willa[/name] but they are both great names!

[name]Willa[/name]–very nice!

[name]Vrai[/name] OR Vraia–I like Vraia, though it might cause pronounciation problems. WDYT of: [name]Shea[/name] or [name]Vera[/name]?

[name]Romy[/name]–great, as a nn for [name]Romilly[/name] or Romila.

[name]Zen[/name]–seems too much of a word name.

[name]Suri[/name]–nice, except it makes me think of [name]Katie[/name] [name]Holmes[/name]’ daughter…don’t know if that bothers you… [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Nola[/name]? Kind of random but they have a similiar feel…

Ziriah/Ziria–I like [name]Zinnia[/name] or [name]Sariah[/name] better. Plus, those both have fewer pronounciation issues…

[name]Ellie[/name]–ONLY as a nickname. [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Emmanuelle[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Estella[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], or even [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Evangeline[/name] would all make lovely full names…

[name]Story[/name]–I overall like it…maybe it would be better as a mn though…WDYT or [name]Fable[/name] or [name]Sylvie[/name], just throwing those out there!

[name]Sonnet[/name]–Are you reading my mind? This is one of my secret faves. A great first and middle, also a great replacment for [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]. You might also like [name]Russet[/name] or [name]Sunday[/name].

[name]Zen[/name]–you already typed this above ^^^ I thought of [name]Zaniah[/name] instead though…WDYT of that?

[name]Lilac[/name]–very pretty another of my favorites! It might get too popular though, through [name]Lily[/name]/[name]Lila[/name] and that would be sad. :frowning: What about [name]Lilia[/name]/[name]Lydia[/name]?

[name]Lavender[/name]–Gorgeous! I love the combo [name]Antonia[/name] [name]Lavender[/name], but it is also a great fn.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Lux[/name], in fact, I am 10 weeks pregnant and my husband and I just decided on the name [name]Lux[/name] (if it’s a girl). BTW - the new TV series “Life Unexpected” (great show!), the little girl…her name is [name]Lux[/name].

Firstly, i am a fan of unusal names, but not way-out-there names. I also like to have a ‘formal’ name that can be shortened by family and friends. (I think this brief introduction is quite important, because names are very subjective!)

[name]Lux[/name]/Luxe/Luxxe (pron. [name]Lux[/name]) I like [name]Lux[/name] in its uniqueness, but i would have a longer name with [name]Lux[/name] as nn.

[name]Lowri[/name] (pron. [name]Lou[/name] as in LOUd-[name]Ree[/name]) Its pronounced L-ow-ree here (Uk) I do like it but i would struggle with a nn

[name]Ava[/name] - a bit too popular for me

[name]Isla[/name] (pron. Eye-Luh) - really like [name]Isla[/name] but is quickly gaining in popularity here and also no nn.

[name]Belle[/name] - like [name]Belle[/name], but would be a nn for my [name]Bellatrix[/name]

[name]Scarlett[/name] - love [name]Scarlett[/name], but is too gaining in popularity - [name]Lettie[/name] nn.

[name]Violet[/name] - same as [name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Willow[/name] - like this too - nn [name]Lolo[/name]

[name]Willa[/name] - prefer Williow

[name]Vrai[/name] OR Vraia (pron. Vray (uh)) - not keen on this

[name]Romy[/name] - one of my top choices for girls at the mo, but as the nn to [name]Romilly[/name]

[name]Zen[/name] - boy or girl? This feels masculine to me.

[name]Suri[/name] - not keen

Ziriah/Ziria (pron. Zeer-EE-Uh) - not keen

[name]Ellie[/name] - like this, but as a nn. Probably for [name]Eleanor[/name], though prefer [name]Nora[/name] her nn.

[name]Story[/name] - again, a boys name, albeit a fairly unisex one.

[name]Sonnet[/name] - not keen

[name]Lilac[/name] - is nice. A good alternative for the too popular [name]Lily[/name].

[name]Lavender[/name] - i like this name, but here in the UK (maybe US too??) Lav is slang for the toilet so nn Lav or Lavi is not a good look really xx

My faves:
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]