Copper hair, blue eyes... What to name my main character

I’m in a dilemma, fellow writing Berries. I’m on Chapter 6 of my novel, and I’ve just realized there’s something terribly wrong with my main chica’s name. First of all, it’s currently [name]Bridget[/name] Marks (I’d like to keep the surname), her mom is [name]Rhea[/name], her dad is [name]Joe[/name] (should I change these?). Her name, as any literate person can tell, starts with a B. Why is this a problem? Her love interest’s name is [name]Bryan[/name], and his entire family is made up of B’s. I don’t want to change that, because I think it’s cute, but I don’t want all of my character’s names to match.

A little more info on soon-to-not-be-[name]Bridget[/name] Marks: She’s not super wealthy, but not average either. She has copper hair and bright blue eyes, and is considered beautiful, though she herself doesn’t think she’s anything special

Info on the novel itself, for those curious: It’s about a girl who has been having dreams about this nameless boy she is sure doesn’t exist. He’s gorgeous and heroic and brave and a total dreamboat according to her. She also dreams about an evil spirit-ghost-thing called Daed, which basically plots to suck the souls out of all living things, and cause pain and suffering all over. Wouldn’t ya know it, [name]Bryan[/name] and [name]Bridget[/name] are incarnations of a god and goddess that you learn about in the prologue, and the little Miss Popular girl at school, [name]Emily[/name] [name]Payne[/name], is the incarnation of Daed. [name]Amy[/name] and [name]Dakota[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name], [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Bryan[/name]'s mutual friends, are incarnations of their helper-angel-whatchamacallits. At some point, once their crazy but observant Latin teacher points out that [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Bryan[/name] resemble the [name]Night[/name] [name]Goddess[/name] and [name]Sun[/name] God of Tigresia, a super cool, forgotten, ancient island with a super cool religion I made up, they realize it is their destiny to battle Daed and save the unsuspecting world. Big battle occurs, and against all the odds that I’m going to create [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Bryan[/name] win! WOO!

Okay, it’s a little crazy. Cut me some slack. I’m only a little measly fourteen year-old girl on the sixth chapter of a novel.

Sounds crazy in a good way! It looks like you’ll have a lot of fun writing this one. A possible selection:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] (although…[name]Veronica[/name] Marks might be too close to [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Mars[/name])
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Melody[/name]
[name]Marion[/name]
[name]Kristine[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Stephanie[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]

I do notice that most of your names are all pretty short: [name]Bryan[/name], [name]Joe[/name], [name]Rhea[/name], [name]Emily[/name], last names [name]Payne[/name] and Marks, [name]Amy[/name]. I would suggest changing that up. It will start to read weird and also, isn’t realistic. Good luck!

Thanks! I hadn’t thought of that! :o [name]Just[/name] to let you know, I’m changing [name]Emily[/name] to [name]Veronica[/name], the school nurse’s name that I can’t recall at the moment to [name]Cecelia[/name], and I may use [name]Stephanie[/name] somewhere. I’m thinking Main Female Character (MFC) and [name]Bryan[/name]'s child in the epilogue, if I get that far, or [name]Amy[/name] and [name]Dakota[/name]'s mom should I ever need to mention her.
I saw [name]Cecelia[/name] and my mind instantly jumped to [name]Selena[/name] (meaning “moon goddess,” which is absolutely frigging perfect for so many reasons) for the MFC. I’m taking a second look at “[name]Rhea[/name], [name]Joe[/name], and [name]Selena[/name] Marks” and I definitely think I should change the surname. I really want to keep [name]Rhea[/name] and [name]Joe[/name] for reasons that shall never be revealed on the Internet, so the surname HAS to fit all three of their first names. Any ideas, anyone? I need 'em!!! :?
In addition, can you picture a girl named [name]Selena[/name] with long, copper-colored hair and blue eyes? Does it sound okay? :?:

When I hear [name]Selena[/name], I think of [name]Selena[/name] Gomez…

Some suggestion:
[name]Diana[/name] ([name]Moon[/name] godess)
[name]Celina[/name]/[name]Celena[/name] (Version of [name]Selena[/name])
[name]Cynthia[/name] ([name]Moon[/name] godess)

Surnames;
[name]Montgomery[/name]
[name]Williamson[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Gordon[/name]
Samuels
[name]Matthews[/name]
[name]Carmichael[/name]

Names for MC

[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]

To be honest, I love the name [name]Selena[/name] and I think you should keep it for its meaning and sound. Because of [name]Selena[/name] the pop star and [name]Selena[/name] Gomez (who was named after the pop star), We tend to think someone with that name needs to be tan with dark hair or Latina of some extent. But I disagree with that idea. It’s a Greek/Latin name (like [name]Stephanie[/name], my own name) that is so pretty. I’d love for more people to see it as a trendy option for characters or babies.

Well you’ve told us what ‘[name]Bridget[/name]’ looks like, but you haven’t told us her personality, which really helps to pick a name. Is she a tomboy? Is she sort of geeky a la [name]Hermione[/name] in HP? Is she girlie? Sporty? Fashionista? Rocker?

The name that came to mind was [name]Georgia[/name] with nn [name]Georgie[/name] because I assumed she was sort of a [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Drew[/name] tomboy, but I’m not sure if that fits with how you view her.

Thanks, guys! Ya’ll rock! So far, the MFC has been dubbed [name]Selena[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name] [name]Young[/name], which comes with the initials [name]SKY[/name], which is just so perfect. Anniebee, here’s her personality, as you requested: Sel is a romantic girl who trusts people too easily. She’s kind and friendly, but can snap at you if you anger her. She’s pretty much a Daddy’s girl (a wealthy one at that), but isn’t so spoiled she’s a brat. She’s pretty dang girlie. Well, actually, is you threw a “prep,” a “girlie girl,” a “lovesick puppy,” and one and a half “nerds” in a pot and added a dash of “stubborn,” a pinch of “bubbly,” and pretty much dumped the entire jar of “powerful,” you’d get her. Am I making sense? If you’re wondering about her goddess powers/realm, she’s kind of like this bizarre melting pot of (I’m a Greek mythology geek.*) [name]Hera[/name], [name]Hestia[/name], [name]Poseidon[/name], [name]Demeter[/name], [name]Artemis[/name], and [name]Aphrodite[/name]. [name]Bryan[/name] (should I continue calling him that) is a combo of [name]Zeus[/name], Hades, [name]Dionysus[/name], [name]Apollo[/name], [name]Pan[/name], Ares, and [name]Hermes[/name]. They kind of split the duties of [name]Athena[/name] down the middle.

Gosh, my mind is racing, I have to start working on my novel now. I’ve gotta lotta new ideas. Lemme know if you want more info.

*If you don’t what these gods and goddesses do, the following site is more or less accurate and will describe the duties of all the Twelve Olympians, and more. Ta-da! I love this stuff. Warning: I’m not responsible if you suddenly start loving Greek mythology. I recommend looking up the myths, because they’re all pretty cool. They also inspire most of my stories, including this one. Enjoy! Twelve Olympians - Wikipedia