Cora Rae - Too many Rs?

I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Cora[/name_f], and have recently discovered I really like [name_u]Rae[/name_u] as a middle name.
While [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] doesn’t seem that bad, the last name would be [name_u]Reilly[/name_u].

Is [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] too much?

Personally, I find [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] to have a bit to much “R”. It doesn’t look bad, it just doesn’t roll off the tongue well. Maybe you would like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f]?

Thank you for the suggestions, [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is a good alternative!

Now that I’m looking at it more, I’m seeing that the combination of [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] is more the problem than anything to do with the first name.

Sad, because I love [name_u]Rae[/name_u] in conjunction with a lot of my other favorite first names. :frowning:

To me, there is a lot of R’s. It doesn’t look bad on paper but it was really hard to say for me.

That is quite a bit of R’s. If you want to keep [name_u]Rae[/name_u] maybe an alternative [name_f]Cora[/name_f]- name like [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], or [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] would be the answer to your problem.

I don’t think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u] is too much. She won’t be called by her full name often! I would still use it!

It’s not sooooo bad. I think the ending of [name_f]Cora[/name_f] runs into [name_u]Rae[/name_u] which gives it that sing-songy feel. You could lengthen [name_f]Cora[/name_f] into [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] or something similar to break it up, but use [name_f]Cora[/name_f] as a nickname. You could also save [name_u]Rae[/name_u] for a potential future child if you want to keep [name_f]Cora[/name_f] as is.

This might be an accent thing, but I can’t even say [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] out loud. It just comes out as CORE-ay.

Yes. But [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is cute.

I didn’t have much difficulty with [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]. I do prefer [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] though.

I actually don’t mind the r’s. it makes it rhythmical for me. Although, I’m Australian and we tend smooth over r’s and not pronounce them very clearly