CORA vs. EDEN?! Please help us decide!

We are winding down to the final weeks and our final name choices and could use some un-biased opinions!

[name]EDEN[/name] has been at the top of the list for awhile now. Middle name [name]Elisabeth[/name].
We are also very fond of [name]CORA[/name] for a first name, middle name [name]Elisabeth[/name].

What are your thoughts on [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Cora[/name]? Any further suggestions on middle name for [name]Cora[/name]?

Thank you in advance for the help!!

[name]Eden[/name] doesn’t quite appeal to me in any manner, but I think [name]Cora[/name] is fabulous. It’s classic and elegant and I can see it on a little girl and an older woman. I think you should go with [name]Cora[/name]! :wink:

What do you think of [name]Elisabeth[/name] with [name]Cora[/name]?

Any other suggestions for a middle name that would go well?

THANK YOU!

I actually quite like [name]Elisabeth[/name] with [name]Cora[/name] it sounds classy and elegant and very pretty!

I find both pretty, but [name]Cora[/name] seems more classic, dynamic, and substantial than [name]Eden[/name]. I feel like [name]Eden[/name] is going to be way more popular, and also, I feel like it’ll fade. Plus, [name]Eden[/name] has a sort of expectation – that whole paradise and perfect thing – that I think is a tad unsettling and precocious for a person.

I prefer [name]Eden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. [name]Cora[/name] is also a very nice choice. If you go with [name]Cora[/name] you may want to consider nn’s - [name]Cor[/name] and [name]Cory[/name]. [name]Eden[/name] nn is usually [name]Edie[/name]. I do think [name]Eden[/name] has increased in popularity but not to a point where it is trendy by any means. [name]Even[/name] if it were there are names like [name]Ava[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], etc. that are definitely trendy but that doesn’t take away from their beauty or classic-ness. [name]Eden[/name] conjures up images of flowers and gardens and peacefulness to me and by no means would I think [name]Eden[/name] has to be perfect, that seems sort of ridiculous. I think [name]Eden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] is a beautiful name but [name]Cora[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] or even [name]Coraline[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] are both pretty. Maybe you will just have to meet her to decide.

I’d have to disagree with [name]Cora[/name] getting the nicknames ‘[name]Cor[/name]’ and ‘[name]Cory[/name]’. I find it highly unlikely seeing as how [name]Cora[/name] is already a two syllable name and shortening it any further would be extraneous.

Thank you everyone for the insight. Very helpful and appreciated!

[name]Eden[/name] is also 2 syllables but still [name]Edie[/name] is used as a nn… so whether or not it makes sense, it does happen. I know 2 people named [name]Corrine[/name] (said as 2 syllables) that go by [name]Cory[/name].

[name]Cora[/name]. It’s short enough that she’d likely just go by that most of the time. Maybe [name]Cor[/name] once in awhile, but not often enough to be a game-changer here. I don’t think she’d get [name]Cory[/name] unless SHE wanted to when she was older. No control over that, I’m afraid. When they are little, you can just gently correct people repeatedly until they give up on the unfavorable nickname. [name]Eden[/name] is ok, but I see it as similar to [name]Destiny[/name] and [name]Heaven[/name]. I think giving these “names” to people sort of cheapens them a little bit, if that makes sense. Not my style whatsoever.

[name]Cora[/name], definitely! Like the PP, I see [name]Eden[/name] as the next [name]Destiny[/name] or [name]Heaven[/name]. It’s not traditionally a first name, it has a religious/spiritual/biblical meaning, and it has an objectively pleasant meaning. [name]Cora[/name] is classic and sophisticated, and I really can’t imagine a [name]Cora[/name] getting called [name]Cory[/name] very frequently. It’s just not really intuitive to shorten a two syllable name to a two syllable nickname. [name]Cora[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] is lovely… what about [name]Cora[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Cora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Cora[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Cora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], or [name]Cora[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]?

Guess you just have to go with what feels right. I can’t stand the names [name]Heaven[/name], [name]Destiny[/name] or [name]Neveah[/name] and yet I love [name]Eden[/name]!! You can’t go wrong with [name]Cora[/name] though. It is more classic and more ‘safe’ if you will… made more apparent by how many people seem to dislike [name]Eden[/name] here :slight_smile: Let us know what you end up choosing.

I prefer [name]Eden[/name]. The name image for me is much more pleasant. Strongly dislike [name]Cora[/name].

My vote is for [name]Cora[/name]. To, me it is a sweet classic that will look good at any age, and less trendy than [name]Eden[/name] too.

[name]Cora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] appeals to me.

I think I would choose [name]Cora[/name] over [name]Eden[/name] but I would like [name]Cora[/name] as the nickname. For example her full name could be [name]Coral[/name], [name]Coralie[/name], [name]Coraline[/name] or even [name]Cordelia[/name] (my favourite).

rollo

@rollo- what middle name would you do with [name]Coraline[/name]?

[name]Coraline[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] is lovely!

[name]Coraline[/name]/ [name]Cora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]

I love the name [name]Eden[/name] and I think the name [name]Eden[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] is gorgeous! That definitely gets my vote.

I would definitely pick [name]Cora[/name] of your two original choices, but love the suggestion of [name]Coraline[/name], nn [name]Cora[/name]. I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] still works well as a mn with [name]Coraline[/name].

I like them both, but I love [name]Eden[/name]!