Cora

So, I am due in march with our first baby, and we are soooo excited!! In 12 days we find out if we are having a boy or girl and I can hardly wait! We aren’t set on a boys name yet, but our list includes [name_m]Callen[/name_m], [name_m]Declan[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], and [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

For a girls name, we have been sort of set on [name_f]Cora[/name_f] for a long time, before even knowing about the pregnancy! I love that its vintage but coming back, has a solid history, cute but substantial. My husband is totally in love with it too. Our other backup options are [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. But after loving [name_f]Cora[/name_f] for so log, and now that we will finally be finding out what were having, I’m nervous and want to make sure it is THE perfect name. I heard it on an older sort of annoying teenage girl and it diminished my love just a tad. So need time positive thoughts to reinforce my love for it!!! Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] the name [name_f]Cora[/name_f]! It’s a name that would be adorable on a little girl, but also grows really well into an adult name. I love its vintage charm and it has just a little bit of spunk while still being quite sweet and soft-the kind of name I love. It also strikes me as intelligent-sounding. A very beautiful, lovely name!

I love [name_f]Cora[/name_f], my first association with the name is from the novel Last of the Mohicans in which [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is a strong willed, fiery, noble character. I’ve always admired her and her name.

Thank you both! I love that you described the name as ‘intelligent’ sarahdoodle! I really appreciate the positive feedback! It helps a ton, and is love some more! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] is among the most lovable vintage names fashionable today.

To me, it’s pleasing in every way.

I think of American actress Elizabeth McGovern(link) who plays [name_f]Cora[/name_f] on Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]: Strong, sexy, intelligent, beautiful.

In my mind’s eye, little-girl Coras have flawless peaches-and-cream skin and delicate features like this (link). Their temperaments are just as gentle and feminine.

I love [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. It is simple, sweet, strong, vintage. I think it is adorable on a little girl but ages seamlessly into adulthood.

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] is absolutely lovely. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t let one bratty teen turn you off of a fabulous name -> after all we have all be bratty teens at some point - just consider she might have been having a bad day. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like your little [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is bound to have once in a while.

I love [name_f]Cora[/name_f] because it’s confident and spunky. She’s got attitude and grace and a wonderful sunny disposition to me.

I think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is a great name!

I absolutely love [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. Everything you want in a name and nothing you don’t! I’m so thrilled that you may use this name…I have never met one but I would be delighted to.

Best of luck! Your boys’ list is great as well. You have very good taste!

I think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is beautiful! I see it as a very sweet vintage name. I love it more that [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].