Cordelia Bartholemew (UPDATED)

@ollieb

Wow, that’s quite the range! It will be fun to see what your daughter ends up with, right? Maybe she’ll be one of those girls who has ever-changing hair colors. I had a friend born with jet-black hair and now it is nearly white-blond, naturally. I was born with reddish curls and now have brown hair with a bit of blond.

@plato

You are so right! Names fit all sort of people, regardless of what they look like. But, sometimes I just see a person or a picture and can envision a name for them, or at least I like to. Does that ever happen to you?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS Oh, hey, ollie, I thought of some more! Maybe you would like [name]Cora[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Pauline[/name], or [name]Stella[/name]?

[name]Cordelia[/name] Bartholemew is a wonderful name! I find all this fuss about it being long to be ridiculously silly - so what if it’s long? I love [name]Cordelia[/name] and I think Bartholemew is such a great last name to have - it’s really memorable and it’s fun to say. I also think they flow together really well and I think the fact that both names have so much character and style to make for a really awesome sounding full name. Yes, it’s long, and moreover it’s rich in sounds (it’s no [name]Jane[/name] [name]Doe[/name]) but it’s hardly over the top; there is nothing silly or confusing about it. If you love [name]Cordelia[/name], there is absolutely no reason not to use it with your last name.
I agree that a brief middle would work, and the first thing that comes to mind would be [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Anne[/name] Bartholemew but I wouldn’t make it a rule that the middle name has to be one syllable, because there are plenty of options that would sound fine and you should really go for what you love. [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Louise[/name] Bartholemew, for example, sounds lovely.