Cordis Allison?

We are REALLY struggling with a girl name to go with our DD, [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_f]Severine[/name_f], [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], [name_f]Renata[/name_f]…all top contenders but we’re having issues with each for varying reasons.

H is pushing hard for [name_f]Cordis[/name_f].

Feedback?

Not a fan of [name_f]Cordis[/name_f], to be honest. It sounds like Cordless to me when said quickly. This is completely random, but how about [name_f]Djuna[/name_f]? I think it would go fabulously with [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]. I also like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] from your signature. Other suggestions:
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Eliska[/name_f]
(lol I almost wrote Hesper, until I realized…)
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (love this!)
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] (also love this)
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Reyna[/name_f] (similar to [name_f]Renata[/name_f], which I also like)
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Sedona[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Signe[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and Xylia (zye-lee-uh)

Best of luck!

Sorry, I don’t like the sound of [name_f]Cordis[/name_f] much.

[name_f]Severine[/name_f], on the other hand, is divine.

[name_f]Cordis[/name_f] sounds like a males name.

Thanks! It’s been our top for a while…but then we realized that both our girls would have names of [name_m]Bond[/name_m] ladies in the recent movies!!! That’s bad, right!? hahaha

[name_f]Severine[/name_f] is lovely, but I think that he fact that you already have a [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] rules it out, unfortunately.

I don’t like the sound of [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. I’m trying to pinpoint why, because I do like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and there are a lot of names ending in -is that I like a lot as well, but [name_f]Cordis[/name_f] doesn’t appeal to me. What about [name_f]Maris[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], or [name_f]Anais[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Renata[/name_f], [name_f]Sigourney[/name_f], [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], and [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]. [name_f]Renata[/name_f] in particular I think is really lovely and underused.

I don’t find [name_f]Cordis[/name_f] appealing at all.
I like [name_f]Sigourney[/name_f] from your signature better.

I love it as well. Sadly my husband has used a veto. :frowning:

:frowning: [name_u]Boo[/name_u]! I go back and forth on whether anyone would ever really realize that connection.

[name_f]Cordis[/name_f] does sound like “cordless” and just doesn’t have a nice sound to me. I like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] from your signature.

Some other ideas:

[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Raina[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruby[/name_f]

[name_f]Cordis[/name_f] reads very masculine to me, especially next to [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]. Have you considered [name_f]Corisande[/name_f]? It’s not as frilly as [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and has all the same letters as [name_f]Cordis[/name_f]…your husband could even use [name_f]Cordis[/name_f] as her nickname if he wanted. There are a number of beautiful meanings attributed to the name (“healing hands,” “of the heart,” etc.), and I think [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Corisande[/name_f] would make a beautiful sibset. [name_m]Just[/name_m] my two cents!

I agree with others that [name_f]Cordis[/name_f] feels very masculine. However, I absolutely love the idea of [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Ondine[/name_f]. The pair is rather perfect to me. [name_f]Renata[/name_f] is fabulous as well.

[name_f]Renata[/name_f] is so nice with [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]! Totally different sounds but give me the same feeling when I read them. That’s a nice pairing :slight_smile:

Thank you (and @anotherkate) for this! [name_f]Renata[/name_f] is my childhood best friend, and I do love the name. I have this nagging worry though…it popped out of nowhere onto the top 1000 chart in the 700’s the last 2 years…I fear when the tweens of yesteryear age there will be a boom since this name is a small part in Twilight. Overthinking it? Probably! That’s what I do! haha

I really appreciate this suggestion! I just emailed it to my husband. Any nn ideas beyond [name_f]Cori[/name_f] or, GULP, [name_u]Sandy[/name_u]?

[name_f]Ondine[/name_f] still has a chance, I think H at first had concerns that people will go ‘ON-dine’ rather than ‘deen’ but I feel most people would figure it out or only need one correction.

Thank you for these suggestions! I love [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_f]Signe[/name_f] and [name_u]Tatum[/name_u]!

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]

I’m LOVING all the love that [name_f]Renata[/name_f] is getting! So is the consensus that I should get over my fear of it becoming a popular boom when the Twilight fans age into child-rearing age?

[name_f]Renata[/name_f] is gorgeous, I don’t think you should let that fear stop you from using it. Hopefully the Twilight fans won’t have children until they’re not Twilight fans anymore… :wink: I also love love love [name_f]Ondine[/name_f]!!

NN for [name_f]Corisande[/name_f] - [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]!!