Corin and Taryn - boy or girl?

I’m not having a baby or anything, but I love names! [name]Corin[/name] and [name]Taryn[/name] are the ones that have been on my mind lately. To my understanding, they’re pretty unisex, but are they in favor of girls? I like them for both genders but recently I’ve been REALLY liking them for a boy. I’m thinking that [name]Taryn[/name] is unusable in this instance, but is [name]Corin[/name] still okay? Are they even nice names?

I’ve known a few females named [name]Taryn[/name] (and it was almost my sister [name]Tara[/name]'s name) and I honestly can’t picture the name on a guy. I wouldn’t consider it unisex, personally.

As for [name]Corin[/name], it depends on pronunciation and spelling, I think. I have a male friend named [name]Corren[/name] who pronounces it CORE-in, but it definitely reminds me of the female name [name]Corinne[/name] (or [name]Corrine[/name]). I think this one can go either way, though I don’t think that [name]Corinne[/name]'s pronunciation works for a male.

I would say [name]Corin[/name] is male (said like CORE-in, while the feminine version [name]Corinne[/name] is more like co-[name]RIN[/name]) and [name]Taryn[/name] is wholy feminine in my mind. If you use [name]Corin[/name], I would be prepared for people not understanding/pronouncing it correctly and occasionally thinking he’s a girl. I really can’t see [name]Taryn[/name] as a boy at all.

[name]Taryn[/name] is a female name. The late actor [name]Tyrone[/name] [name]Power[/name] named his daughter [name]Taryn[/name]. [name]Corin[/name] is a male name and character in a [name]Shakespeare[/name] play.

Thanks for your input! I still like both names, but I don’t think I’m going to add them to my list. Some baby name sites list [name]Taryn[/name]/[name]Taren[/name] as a boy name, but since you guys think it’s feminine that probably means that his teacher will, too.

I’ve only ever heard of [name]Taryn[/name] for a girl. I wonder if you’re trying to think of [name]Tor/namen, which is male.