Corinne, Isla or ???

I am new to posting anything, but have been reading these for years! So thanks for reading, and please feel free to comment to help us out!

We are due in 3 months with our first, and are having a baby girl. We’ve narrowed the names down to [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. (We’re still not convinced there isn’t something better out there, but haven’t found anything we like better so far). I love [name]Corinne[/name] because it seems more classic and I have liked it forever, so I don’t think I’d regret the name later on. However, our beloved family dog is named [name]Cora[/name]… too similar? I also really love [name]Isla[/name], so beautiful and cute, and I think I like it a little more than [name]Corinne[/name] (although my husband likes [name]Corinne[/name] a little more). The worries I have for [name]Isla[/name] are that it seems more trendy, and quickly becoming more popular. We definitely want to shy away from popular names.

Our last name starts with a K and rhymes with call, so we have to be a little careful with initials and the flow of a name as well… ie. can’t name her [name]Isla[/name] [name]Corrine[/name] as her initials would be ICK.

Any help deciding between the two, other names we might like, or even middle names for these?

So far I’ve come up with these:

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Madison[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Corinne[/name] [name]Ava[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name] [name]Layla[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]

Thank you!!

I prefer [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I think [name]Isla[/name] is a classic name that has somewhat resurfaced lately, but not necessarily trendy.

[name]Corrine[/name] is NMS. I don’t think it matter though, that your dog’s name is [name]Cora[/name]. Not to be insensitive, but your daughter will be your daughter your whole life, your dog will only be there for part of your life. So, I think loving this name trumps the fact that it sounds similar to a pet’s name.

I really like both [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Corinne[/name]! I know somebody named [name]Corinna[/name], that goes by [name]Cory[/name], which I like. I don’t think [name]Isla[/name] will ever become a top 20 name, but you never know.

I think [name]Isla[/name] Kall sounds better than [name]Corinne[/name] Kall, so [name]Isla[/name] get my vote.

I don’t like [name]Grace[/name] as middle name when paired up with your last name because it sounds like Grayskull, which is the name of the castle in He-[name]Man[/name] I believe.

I like [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Corinne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] best from your list. Given your last name and the name of your dog, I’d go with [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

Out of your choices [name]Isla[/name] [name]Monroe[/name] really stood out for me

I prefer [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] because I think it flows best. I would choose [name]Corrine[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Corrina[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] over [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] if either one was an option. I like when the first and middle don’t end in the same sound

[name]Corinne[/name] is a wonderful classic name and it gets my vote

[name]Corinne[/name] [name]Layla[/name] is my favorite.

Thank you all! I agree about the middle name [name]Grace[/name], now that I say it out loud with our last name. And definitely about names ending differently… and about not avoiding [name]Corinne[/name] because of our puppy. It is so helpful to get feedback from you all, as we’re keeping names secret from family/friends so have no one to bounce ideas off of! We’re definitely not set on any of these middle names, so if you have suggestions for others or even other first names you think we’d like based on our taste, we’re open to suggestions. Thanks again.

[name]Both[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are both beautiful names.
Of your list I prefer:
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (This is my favorite)

Thank you!

Any other middle names you like, having trouble loving any of these options?