Correct Pronunciation of the Name Milena?

Hello All!

I think [name]Milena[/name] is a gorgeous name. I like how uncommon it is, how lovely it looks, and I adore its meaning-“love, warmth, grace.” However, I am not sure of the proper pronunciation of the name…how is the name “[name]Milena[/name]” pronounced?

Thanks so much, berries! I appreciate your help! :wink:

~*~Nameseeker3

I have a friend with this name, cool girl, flame red hair and a lot of sass! She pronounces it Mill-ee-na but I have seen it pronounced Mill-ay-na.

Well I have a friend name [name]Melina[/name], and it’s pronouced [name]Mel[/name]-ee-na. I’ve always loved her name! I’d say [name]Milena[/name] almost the same way, but I suppose more like [name]Mil[/name]-ee-na… Actually, that’s how I’d say them when really thinking about it, but normally i say it more like muh-lee-na

It’s ‘mee-LEH-na’, but that’s close to ‘mi-[name]LAY[/name]-na’, which will probably be the most common pronunciation in an English speaking place. It’s a lovely name!

I want to pronounce it Muh-lay-nuh, but I don’t know if that’s correct or not, heh.

Oh my gosh, i love the name! [name]Milena[/name]. Id say it Mi-lay-nah

Thanks so much for all of your help, everyone, regarding the pronunciation of [name]Milena[/name]! I like both of the pronunciations mentioned, “Mi-lee-na” and “Mi-lay-na” (hopefully the way I typed those pronunciations makes sense to everyone). It was really helpful to know that the most common pronunciation of the name in an English-speaking place would likely be Mi-lay-na-thanks, irisrose! [name]Do[/name] others think the same-that [name]Milena[/name] would most commonly be pronounced “Mi-lay-na” (well, closer to “muh-lay-na” than “mi-lay-na” really) in the U.S.? Also, thanks for the feedback on the name-it’s wonderful to know that all of you who replied generally like “[name]Milena[/name]!” Although I am not expecting and won’t be for a long time, I am definitely keeping this name in mind for when I have a little girl…

Thanks so much for all of your help once more! :slight_smile:
~*~Nameseeker3