Cosmo, Bella, Simone and?

Hey guys! Well my best friend is getting a puppy that was saved off the side of the road by her uncle. It’s a girl and the family’s fish is [name]Cosmo[/name], cat is [name]Bella[/name], and dog [name]Simone[/name]. They are looking for a soap opera name or something off TV, but I also think names that mean hope or luck would be cool too. Names like Bubbles and [name]Lulu[/name] they can’t stand, so thanks in advance for the help!

Oh! P.s. the dog is a Dachshund.
:smiley:

Here are some suggestions for your friend’s Dachshund. My favs are in bold.

Names that mean [name]HOPE[/name]
[name]Esperanza[/name] - Spanish
Speranza - Italian
Themba - African
[name]Amal[/name] - Arabic
[name]Asha[/name] - Sanskrit
Elpida - Greek
[name]Nadine[/name] - French (this would go well with [name]Simone[/name] the Dog)
Muna - Arabic
Saki - Japanese

Names that mean [name]LUCK[/name] or GOOD [name]FORTUNE[/name]
[name]Bonaventura[/name] - Italian
[name]Chauncey[/name] - French
[name]Fortuna[/name] - Latin
[name]Felicity[/name] - English
[name]Shea[/name] - Irish
[name]Fausta[/name] / [name]Faustine[/name] - Latin

Because most Dachshunds seem like happy and busy dogs I think that names that mean [name]HAPPY[/name] would do too.
[name]Alaia[/name] - Basque
[name]Gioconda[/name] - Italian
[name]Mehitabel[/name] - Hebrew / Biblical
Meriwether - English (oh I can just visualize a little “wiener” dog with this name)

I don’t watch soap operas so I can’t really give you any names from them ([name]Bianca[/name]). I watch TV very rarely but here are some of my favs from the tube, film and literature. Also included are just names that I think would fit this breed of dog.
[name]Penny[/name] - The Big Bang [name]Theory[/name]
[name]Domino[/name] - [name]Domino[/name]
[name]Juno[/name] - [name]Juno[/name]
[name]Edie[/name] - Desperate Housewives
[name]Trudy[/name] - Mad Men (this would be a great name for a [name]German[/name] dog like a Dachshund)
[name]Lorelei[/name] - another great [name]German[/name] name
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] - Ugly [name]Betty[/name]
[name]Briony[/name] - Atonement
[name]Phoebe[/name] - Friends
[name]Vida[/name] - Means life
[name]Daisy[/name] - The Great [name]Gatsby[/name]
[name]Estella[/name] - Great Expectations
[name]Hermione[/name] - mythological name and [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] books
[name]Zooey[/name] - Oh I love this name for a Dachshund
[name]Lolita[/name] -Spanish
[name]Clio[/name] - mythological name
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Zadie[/name]
[name]Zola[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]

[name]Just[/name] had to say, pp had some great suggestions!

Hard to add to list above, but how about?

[name]Fleur[/name] – Okay. It’s French. But so cute for a little dog, and for me, so touching for one found beside the road! It is a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] name, apparently, for whatever that is worth.
[name]Freya[/name] – It’s [name]German[/name], at least! According to this site, the Norse goddess of love and fertility! The meaning is nice too – a noble woman. Again, so touching for an orphan.
[name]Pansy[/name] – I adore this name and regret that its history as a gay slur makes it a burden for a child. A dog however, need never know!
[name]Heidi[/name] – Works much better on a Dachshund than a child, I’m afraid, and if they want a pop culture tie-in, there is the famous model.