Could Cedric be called Eddie?

I’m generally against contrived nicknames, but I’m loving [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] for this baby and was wondering what all of you would think if you met a [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] who went by [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]. I love [name_m]Eddie[/name_m], but I’m just not sure if it’s too much of a stretch!

I think it totally works. However, I feel like shortening [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] to [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] kind of takes away some of its spunk and makes it more ordinary. [name_m]Just[/name_m] my opinion though. By the way, I love [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], it’s a wonderful name. :slight_smile:

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. All the letters and sounds are there

I don’t see why not. I love [name_m]Cedric[/name_m]!

Yep, totally works. I do agree with @handsallover though - [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] is more distinctive!

It definitely works! It’s definitely my favourite nickname for [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], though I love [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] in general (it’s on my short list as a potential nickname for [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]).

I absolutely think it works too. I really like the option of [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] as a name for [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], as the [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] I know is called Ceddie as a nickname, which I do not like.

I think it definitely works! and as previously stated, [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] is such a great name! so handsome and full of magic.
I think [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] is a cute nn option for it.

I think it works really well - I can’t see how it doesn’t. [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] is super charming btw.

Thank you everyone for the thoughts! We will keep them in mind in the next few months!

Yes it works, but if you like the name [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] enough to choose it, then I think that’s what you should call him. A nn will develop as he grows up.