Could Dixie ever work?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] could ever work or is it forever exiled to the guilty pleasure list?

I think it’s perfectly usable!

I think it could defidently work!
Unfortunately I can’t think of any full name options that could work as [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] for a nn. However, [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] can certainly work as a stand alone name.

Combos with nn [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] :
[name_f]Darlene[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Darla[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
Dalilha [name_f]Trixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Deanna[/name_f] [name_u]Lexie[/name_u]

Thank you guys!

@river_dweller [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Darlene[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] even though I don’t think I’d use [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] as a nickname for it.

Any other thoughts are appreciated and welcomed.

I don’t like [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] at all but I think that is mainly because I associate it with the Dutch word for a mobile toilet, [name_f]Dixi[/name_f] (actually [name_f]Dixi[/name_f] is not the Dutch word for a mobile toilet but the company the makes them, [name_f]Dixi[/name_f], is so well known that [name_f]Dixi[/name_f] is the de facto word for mobile toilet). My issues with speaking more than one language alas >.<

It makes me uncomfortable as an American due to its ties to the civil war and the confederacy… In the US, it would be a hard sell for me because of that.

There’s also the issue about the “dix” syllable.

I personally find it ridiculously cutesy, maybe a bit too hipster/trying too hard to be quirky.

Same in Germany.

It definitely wouldn’t be usable here, but that wasn’t even my first and worst association.

The first thing that came to my mind was “for some reason I associate it with racism”. I wasn’t sure whether it actually is racist, I’m not American. But google told me it is definitely associated with the confederate states, so I wouldn’t use it. With people still swinging the confederate flag and so much racism that still exists this might be a name that should be left alone.

For that same reason I’d never use Arya or Aryan as a German even though they’re nice sounding names.

I like the sound, but the ties to the Confederacy make it a definite no-go for me.

It’s not exactly my favorite name, but I think it definitely works.

It is usable here, but if you’re American, I wouldn’t use it. Like mentioned before, the ties are too strong to the Confederacy. I would not want my child’s name to be associated with that.

[name_f]Dixie[/name_f] is very cute in my eyes, but I think the ties to the confederacy make it nearly unusable. Also, it makes me think of [name_f]Dixie[/name_f] Cups, but that might just be me.

It’s useable here in the UK and actually quite nice.
Wasn’t aware of the confederacy ties but probably best not to use it in the US then.

[name_f]Dixie[/name_f] is a very cute name, but I don’t think it’s usable due to the association with the Confederacy/racism. I also think it might be little too cutesy, and might pose problems professionally.