Could I Get Some Feedback?

I’ve been revamping my list lately, and I would love a bit of feedback on some of my combos! These aren’t intended for children, and hopefully won’t be for quite a while. Reviews, suggestions…whatever you want to do, really! I’m just working to improve my list in general, so whether that means rewriting these combos or coming up with new ones, I’m all ears.

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]

[name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]

I like [name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name] quite a bit. Most of the other combos, while the names themselves are lovely, are honestly just too much name for my taste. Eight or nine syllables before you even get to the last name just feels like you’re trying too hard - [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] in particular seems like a huge mouthful to me. [name]Just[/name] my opinion, no offense meant!

I like all the names, but to be honest I’m not a fan of two middle names (unless you’re honoring family).

[name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]

[name]Love[/name] these two. I like double middle names for boys especially.

Not to worry - I have no issue with harsh opinions. Please be as honest as you want! I’d rather be aware of what needs to change now, rather than some years down the line when I’m really thinking about this for a person. I can’t guarantee I’ll change the length in particular - I don’t plan to have more than a few kids and really love names too much to use four to eight total when I could be using six to twelve - but I really do appreciate the feedback. Opinions on the names themselves/how the combos flow, aside from length, would be really helpful.

I just realized I used the same title for this thread as IndianRuby - I hope that doesn’t cause any confusion! I don’t know how to edit the title, otherwise I’d do it in a heartbeat.

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] - Very pretty names individualy. but as one combo just too many sylables sorry.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] - Same as above. [name]Love[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] tho, something like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] is less but more effective.
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is ver sophisticated
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] - sounds nice, but agin too much name. [name]How[/name] about [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]June[/name]…

[name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name] - cool
[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] - too much they dont flow at all and just sound like three standoffish names lumped together
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] - same as above, [name]Raphael[/name] ( a very nice name ) just doesnt fit
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthias[/name] - same as the Johnah set

Well, I think you’ve got some great names here. I’ll try to speak on each one and offer suggestions if I have them. [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] feels very nice to me. You’ve got the comfy vintage in [name]Susannah[/name], the demure ladylike flair in [name]Violet[/name], and the subtle classic in [name]Isabel[/name] - together, it makes for a pleasing name. [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] feels a little mismatched, but I’m trying to latch onto it. [name]Cordelia[/name] is whimsical and elegant, whereas [name]Sophie[/name] is playful and perky. That should be an ideal combination, but I feel that you need a little more richness in the name, and something like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name] might be more appropriate. [name]Valentine[/name] adds a touch of charm and spark to the name, but it isn’t as feminine as maybe I’d go here. I might try something like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name] for a similar feel to your [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] - I just find it to be altogether crisper. [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is the combination I take most issue with, as I find each name to be quite flirty, lending an overly feminine appearance to the entirety of the name. [name]Rosalind[/name] is quite striking, so I’d reevaluate either [name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name]. I’m more inclined toward [name]Juliet[/name], so I might put something more demure like [name]Cora[/name], [name]Eva[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], or [name]Phoebe[/name] in there, with my favorite being [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. However, if [name]Sophia[/name] is more your taste, than perhaps something like [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Colette[/name] might work - its artsy, chic, and romantic without being overly feminine. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] is a concoction of different names that oddly seems to work. I might spin it around to something more along the lines of [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Claribel[/name], though, for something more melodically appealing.

On the boys’ side, [name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name] isn’t working for me - I’m really getting a [name]John[/name] Edwards connection and it’s throwing me off. For a more pleasing sound, I’d try [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]John[/name] or [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Edward[/name], or perhaps even [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Edmond[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name]. [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is a nice mix of Biblical and classic, and together it’s quite pleasing - you need a name like [name]Theodore[/name] in there to anchor the combination and give it weight. If it were me, I might use [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Jonah[/name], but to each her own. [name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] is really a nice mix of playful, artsy, handsome names. I don’t love the flow of [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raphael[/name], but it’s workable for the effect - you could try something like [name]Simon[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] or, better yet, [name]Silas[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Emmett[/name], for a different but equally striking flair. [name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is so divine on its own, but the addition of [name]Matthias[/name] feels quite natural to me. Altogether, this is my favorite of your boy combinations. You could always mix and match within your favorite names, such that you might end up with combinations like [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Edward[/name], [name]Jude[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Simon[/name], or [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Matthias[/name] [name]John[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name]

Thank you, [name]Lemon[/name]! I’m glad you like [name]Susannah[/name]; it’s a long-standing favorite. As a bonus, it’s a smush of my mom’s name ([name]Susan[/name]) and my sister’s name ([name]Anna[/name]).

I can definitely see where you’re coming from with [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] - I’ve tried bunches of combos, but not many have seemed ‘right’ just yet. Maybe because it’s one of the few that doesn’t have any family connotations? I’m not a huge fan of [name]Sylvie[/name]/[name]Sylvia[/name], but I’ve toyed with the thought of [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentine[/name], along with others (which are, naturally, slipping my mind now that I need them - I’ll remember them when I’m trying to fall asleep, I’m sure). The issue with [name]Ruby[/name] is that it’s a bit cheesy with [name]Valentine[/name]. I’ll definitely be rethinking that one!

As for [name]Rosalind[/name], I’m more partial to [name]Juliet[/name] as well. It’s a form of my great grandma’s name ([name]Julia[/name]), which I love on its own as well as for the family links! I do like [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], but I need to think about whether I want two floral-ish names together. Now that you have me thinking about more toned-down names, I’m wondering about [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. I suppose as a bonus, if I use [name]Marie[/name] I can call her [name]Rosemarie[/name]!

As for [name]Penelope[/name], I’m glad you (mostly) like it! Admittedly, I have a guilty pleasure sort of thing going on for double barrel nicknames, so half the reason [name]Claire[/name]'s in the middle is for the possible nickname [name]Nella[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

I probably won’t change the order of [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name], despite the associations. It’s my dad’s name (and my grandpa’s name), and he would have passed it on to a son if he’d had one. I feel like I should continue the tradition, even if it’s as a middle name. I’ve considered [name]Jack[/name] [name]Edward[/name] (second middle), though, and am definitely thinking about it.

I actually love the name [name]Vincent[/name], and I’m glad you suggested it! I always forget about it. I’m probably going to bump that up to a first name on my list, actually.

Thank you so much for the detailed, and very helpful review! I really appreciate it! :]

I’m going to bump this once, in hopes of getting a few more thoughts.

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]- I think this is nice! I like all 3 names.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]- this is bordering on ‘too much’ for me. I’m not big on 3-name combos, and [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Valentine[/name] is a lot of name.
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]- I could do without [name]Sophia[/name], honestly. [name]Rosalind[/name] & [name]Juliet[/name] in one combo is also pretty [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] to me ([name]Rosaline[/name]). I do like both [name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], though.
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]- eeh… I really dislike [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]. I can’t take [name]Penelope[/name] seriously at all and [name]Claire[/name]'s sound doesn’t really do anything for me. I’ve come around to [name]Francesca[/name] though (but I prefer it it Catalan, rather than Italian). I’m not such a fan of this combo, sorry. [name]Penelope[/name] & [name]Francesca[/name] is also a lot of name.

[name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name] this is SUPER handsome!
[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]- I like this, too! It’s pretty heavily biblical, but that’s cool. It’s handsome.
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]- I love all 3 names, [name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is great, but [name]Raphael[/name] just feels like an afterthought. Its doesn’t flow very well to me. OliveRRR RRRaphael might be the problem.
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]- I like [name]Matthias[/name], kind of. I don’t care for [name]Jude[/name] at all, so this definitely goes down as my least favourite option. [name]Alexander[/name] is all right, but I’m not really passionate about it either.

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] - I love all three of these. I probably would if it were me for a real kid, dispense with one of these names, but I have a weird thing about three names. I don’t actually dislike the flow of these.

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] - [name]Sophie[/name] drags this down. It doesn’t seem to need to be there. That’s not just because I dislike three names. A different name that isn’t [name]Sophie[/name] might work.

[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - I find [name]Rosalind[/name] a bit theme-y with [name]Juliet[/name]. [name]Rosemary[/name] or [name]Rosamund[/name] would be less so. I do like [name]Sophia[/name] more than I like [name]Sophie[/name]. [name]Juliet[/name] is nice.

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] - With [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Francesca[/name], there’s so much name there I can’t see trying to wedge a third one in.

[name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name] - I love [name]Phineas[/name]. I really do. Great name. “[name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name]” as a pairing though is an unpleasant association for me. [name]Jude[/name] or [name]Joel[/name] here, and [name]Edmund[/name] or [name]Emmett[/name], could salvage this for me.

[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] - I really like [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]. I think a 3 syllable middle is pushing it though.

[name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] - I am in love with [name]Raphael[/name]. [name]Oliver[/name] has always been a weird one for me, though. And [name]Simon[/name] I go back and forth on. Maybe sub [name]Oliver[/name] out for [name]Jude[/name] here?

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthias[/name] - I think [name]Judah[/name] would flow more. I don’t hate any of these though.

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]My combo [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]Nice
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]My combo [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] Juliet
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Francesca[/name][name]Don[/name]'t like

[name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name] Nice
[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name][name]Jonah[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Micah[/name] would be my pick
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]My combo would be [name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Richard[/name]
[b][name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthias[/name][ Nice

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] - other is way to many syllables or maybe a southern touch with [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] ([name]Aurelia[/name] means golden ande is way under used in the USA)

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] -this one keeps a feminine touch

[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - nice but I feel like [name]Sophia[/name] is way over done and the “d” in rosalind is to much for a 3 namer try [name]Roma[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] - [name]Penny[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is very quaint I like it [name]Francesca[/name] conjures up thoughts of “west side story”

[name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Edward[/name] - I love [name]Phineas[/name] as well call him “phin” try [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Stanley[/name] [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Phineas[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Martin[/name]

[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] - I really like [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]. (que biblical? were you going for that?) But I do like [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] maybe throw a [name]Noah[/name] in there somewhere and rearrange?

[name]Simon[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] -Is he going to be a painter? or a ninja turtle? :slight_smile: [name]Raphael[/name] is good, I like it for a middle tho. Try [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] or [name]Raphael[/name] [name]Justice[/name] if you do love it

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Matthias[/name] - Very classical nice job. What about [name]Judah[/name] [name]Mathieu[/name] (the french version pronounced the same as [name]Matthew[/name])

Best of luck in naming your offspring!