Could it be true?

ha! Several people, actually! And all spelled several ways. Jaxyn, [name]Jaxon[/name], Jacksyn, [name]Jackson[/name]… I don’t remember them all. But I can think of at least three people off hand, some of them were even on Nameberry. I know someone who wanted to name her daughter [name]Jack[/name], too–just [name]Jack[/name], which pretty much blows my mind. I mean, as a nn for [name]Jacqueline[/name], maybe, but just [name]Jack[/name]? shudders

As for the school thing–as long as the schools are still running and I’m still living here (which seems pretty likely from where I stand!) my children will likely go to the schools that I attended as a kid–they’re all very small and sponsored by my church, so the majority of the teachers would know my son (and most of his classmates, for that matter!) long before he ever set foot in that school. The teachers are like, family friends, haha. So that really wouldn’t be an issue, as long as they go to that school. And even if we move, I really want my kids to go to the local Adventist schools, if that works out, so the situation would likely be similar. So the school thing wouldn’t be a huge deal like it might be in a public school, or really any other private school! I suppose playgrounds, doctors, and such like that could be a problem, but not terribly bad, I wouldn’t think.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Parker[/name], I just want to say that I do understand where you are coming from - I am the mirror to you, a boy who was given a “girl’s” name just prior to that name breaking out as a really popular name for girls. I had similar experiences to you too, I am sure. For example, being assigned to an all girl group on a school day trip where the teacher refused to reassign me to the boys group. But like you, I also grew up to be proud of my name and again can’t imagine it not being my name now (something I didn’t think I would ever say when I was younger). I suppose in some situations I felt like my masculinity was being tested, or questioned, but I can’t say it ever lasted and I just don’t agree that it makes a boy any less masculine, or a girl any less feminine to have a unisex name which is sort of how I took you first. Sorry if I misunderstood you in that sense.

[name]Bailey[/name] is so female to me, but like the others have said, reclaim it for the boys!