Could "just" Rosie work?

I love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and was wondering whether it could work on it’s own or if you all think she needs a longer, former name. I know the Brits seem to have an affection for nickname names and we across the pond not so much, so I guess I just wanted to know your opinion on the subject.

The only “full names” for [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] that I can think of, that I like are [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], but not half as much as just [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

Yes. Definitely. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] would be so adorable for you.

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] absolutely works as a full name!

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] can definitely be a full name. I fell in love with [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] after reading Where Rainbows End. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the comments so far! I’m actually glad you guys think it could work!

I don’t see why not, I know a lot of “just” Rosies.

I’m a [name_u]Brit[/name_u], so a tad biased - but if it works here I don’t see why it can’t work where you are!
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is lovely!

I love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a standalone name! It’s definitely usable.

I seem to be the odd man out, but I prefer [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a nickname for a longer “[name_f]Rose[/name_f]” name! I would assume it is a nickname, but I wouldn’t find it unusable as a stand alone and would get over it pretty quickly.

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] definitely works as a stand alone. I adore both [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is my nickname but I use it so often as my first name that people forget I have any other! You could definitely use it as a stand-alone.

Absolutely! I’m British so know a few little Rosies - it’s lovely.

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is sweet. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to chime in and point out that a “formal” name need not be longer - [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (or [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]) is always an option if you like it.

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] works just fine as a standalone name. I know people whose full names are [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], and [name_f]Katie[/name_f]; I don’t see why [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is any different.

If you want to give her a longer name though, what about:
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalba[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
Rosmerta
[name_f]Roisin[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]