Could Mirabelle honour a Michelle? Mirabella?

One of our favourite girls names is [name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabella[/name]. I prefer [name]Mirabelle[/name] and my partner prefers [name]Mirabella[/name] although we both like both names.

Sometimes I lean towards [name]Mirabella[/name] as our surname is [name]Morgan[/name] and under nameberry’s description of [name]Mirabelle[/name] it warns about an anti-feminist author called [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]. But then my partner’s sister is called [name]Michelle[/name] and I feel like if we used [name]Mirabelle[/name] we could use it as a way of honouring her as the first two letters and the last 4 are the same.

What do you think? Is [name]Mirabelle[/name] honouring a [name]Michelle[/name] ok or too much of a stretch? And would you use [name]Mirabelle[/name] to stay closer to the name [name]Michelle[/name], or switch to [name]Mirabella[/name] to avoid the [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] assosiation? And if you would use [name]Mirabella[/name] do you think this can honour a [name]Michelle[/name]?

Thanks!

I really like both [name]Mirabelle[/name] and [name]Mirabella[/name] and I think that either would work well to honor a [name]Michelle[/name]. As for the association with the anti-feminist author, her name is actually [name]Marabel[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]: Marabel Morgan - Wikipedia

[name]Mirabelle[/name] and [name]Marabel[/name] sound a bit similar, but I’d still use it if I loved it.

Ahh that helps! I guess nameberry has it wrong :slight_smile:

In that case do you prefer [name]Mirabelle[/name] or [name]Mirabella[/name]?

Our top 4 girls names are [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabella[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name].

Does [name]Mirabelle[/name] or [name]Mirabella[/name] sound best with the other names? And which sounds best with the surname [name]Morgan[/name]? One middle would likely be Eirlys (welsh for snowdrop flower) but the second middle could be anything at the moment. Possibly [name]Jane[/name] after my own middle, or [name]Mary[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] after great gradnmothers.

I like [name]Mirabel[/name] spelled this way the best and I do think that the “el” ending works well with [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]. That way, all of the girls would have their own unique endings. I think [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] Eirlys [name]Morgan[/name] is quite pretty!