Could Prose work as a name?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that Prose could work as a girl’s name? Or would it just too often be misheard as [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?
I think it’s so elegant and pretty, but would love some opinions. Is it just. too. weird?

If [name_f]Poet[/name_f] goes, so does [name_f]Prose[/name_f]! She probably would have to correct people her whole life, though.

“[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m Prose”
“Oh, [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?”
“No, with a P”

Could be worth it though for a beautiful and unique name. Maybe you’d consider [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]? Kind of the same P+[name_f]Rose[/name_f] sound, but less likely to be misunderstood.

Might also make a better middle name. That way you can avoid a lot of the correcting during first-name introductions.

Although I do love [name_f]Poet[/name_f], I can’t see Prose working in the first name spot. At least not yet. I do think that it would often get misheard for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and I like dctorjones’ suggestion of [name_f]Primrose[/name_f].

Prose sounds nice in context and looks nice on paper, but if I heard someone say “[name_m]Hi[/name_m], my name is Prose” I would probably assume they had a brother named “Cons”. It has so much potential to be misheard. Nice in theory, though.