Could Rasmus stay on "the list"?

My husband proposed [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] for the list and withdrew it in less than 12 hours. I didn’t even get a chance to let the name sink in and get an appreciation of it. Since it is a family name for him (a little distant. On the great-great grandparent level) and he’s never thrilled about his own family, I wonder if the name should be given more thought and be better liked.

Even if it doesn’t make it it back into the list, it’s not a name I hear every day and would love to know how you feel about it.

I live in Denmark where [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] is very common, so I’m used to the name. I’m not too fond of it, but I like it better with the [name_f]English[/name_f] pronunciation. It’s seems fresh and pleasant, but I wouldn’t personally use it.

Maybe you could use it as a middle name since it’s not too common? If your husband has a complicated relationship with his family, maybe this could be a nice way of still honouring his ancestors without making your child’s name to tied to them.

2 Likes

I think it’s a great name !

1 Like

Ooh [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] is bold and intriguing

1 Like

I like it! Definitely strong and interesting, like a quirkier [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] only criticism is that it sometimes sounds a little angry to me!

1 Like

I met a [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] some years ago during my [name_m]Erasmus[/name_m] ( :rofl:). He was pretty funny, kind and smart. He liked to be called [name_u]Raz[/name_u]/Ras (can’t remember the spelling).

I think [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] is charming, peculiar (if you’re not from north europe, at least) and easy to remember.

1 Like

[name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] is a very strong choice and uncommon but I wouldn’t categorize as an “out there” name, so it seems very usable to me. Sounds like your partner is having a lot of self doubt around naming right now. If you find you like [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] I would bring it up again, but maybe after a little time so your partner is in a good headspace to discuss the name.

1 Like

Thank you! I agree with you completely. I could see us using [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m] for a boy, but it’s not the hill I will die on. I don’t think a name is worth that much hehe, there are no many! As much as it would be a nice option, it can only be a real one if he feels confident on it and wants to pass it on.

1 Like

Rasmus is fun! I love unique names.

Other suggestions:
[name_m]Ramsay[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Royce[/name_u]
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_u]Roy[/name_u]
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]
[name_m]Andreas[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryker[/name_u]
[name_m]Ragnar[/name_m]
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]

1 Like

It has a cool sound.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m]! He’s super handsome. There used to be a berry on here YEARS ago who had a [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m], and I remember always being so happy to see it in her posts. :heart: I would love to meet a little [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m]!

1 Like

Is it taken from the name [name_m]Erasmus[/name_m]?

It’s the Scandinavian form of [name_m]Erasmus[/name_m]. One of my husband’s great-grandfathers was born in Denmark.

1 Like