Could these be brothers?

[name]Bailey[/name] and [name]Finley[/name] nn [name]Bay[/name] and [name]Finn[/name]
Too matchy?

I have the same fight! I think its too close and you have the option to go to [name]Bailey[/name] and just [name]Finn[/name].

I am torn between [name]Riley[/name] [name]Finley[/name]/[name]Finn[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name]. For now i ditched [name]Quinn[/name] but i think its going to come back at me.

I wouldn’t do it. Sorry :confused:

I’m trying to find some boy names that I like that don’t end with the N sound. Seems that’s all I like. I just think [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Weston[/name] sounds too cutesy…

I definitely think they are too matchy. I generally like sibling names to have individual initials and different name endings, just to keep their names feeling unique. I think a similar style can help names mesh together rather than just choosing the same ending.

Which to choose though is a tricky question. For me, [name]Bailey[/name] has gone to the girls. I know at least half a dozen girl Baileys, all over the age of 10. (I only know one boy [name]Bailey[/name], and he’s about 25) I am actually for reclaiming some names for the guys, but I’m not sure if [name]Bailey[/name] is one I’d go for yet. One the other hand, [name]Finley[/name] is getting very very popular.

Here are some ideas for other names with similar sounds/feels in case you’re interested. [name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Fintan[/name]
[name]Langley[/name]
[name]Basil[/name]
[name]Baxley[/name]
[name]Huxley[/name]
[name]Huntley[/name]
[name]Kingsley[/name]
[name]Radley[/name]
[name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]/[name]Wylie[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name]
[name]Barclay[/name]
[name]Barret[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Bastian[/name]
Bayar

I think siblings [name]Basil[/name] and [name]Fintan[/name], [name]Baz[/name] and [name]Finn[/name], or [name]Barclay[/name] (pn [name]BAR[/name]-klee) and [name]Griffin[/name], nn [name]Finn[/name], would all be really cool. They aren’t too popular (as [name]Bailey[/name] and [name]Finley[/name] are), and they are all clearly masculine, saving your son from potential teasing.

Good luck!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

thanks for the replies :slight_smile:
I can see that [name]Bailey[/name] is now more feminine. What do you think of the name [name]Bay[/name]? I know a lot of posters on here agree that a full name should be given instead of something that sounds more nicknamey but I think the name is strong and masculine and am considering it.
What do you think?
x

As nature names seem to grow in popularity, I think despite not having a “full” name, [name]Bay[/name] could be a strong choice. It reminds me of names like [name]Stone[/name], [name]Birch[/name], [name]Thorn[/name] - all masculine nature choices. However, to me personally, I find [name]Bay[/name] a bit feminine. I think this is only because I knew someone named [name]Daliah[/name] [name]Bay[/name] (she was called by both names), so I imagine a friendly little girl when I picture the name [name]Bay[/name].

Good luck!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

They’re a little too matching in their full forms for my taste. I’d prefer [name]Bailey[/name] and [name]Finnegan[/name]/[name]Finnian[/name].