Could these names 'work'?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

I’ve been struggling to like any boys names and the ones I do feel drawn to seem a bit different to my girls list

So, for girls, I’m loving:
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f], [name_f]Cherith[/name_f], [name_f]Una[/name_f], Mabli, [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Indie[/name_f], [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_f]Dora[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_f]Tansy[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]

For boys, I have [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and then I feel a bit ??? about everything else.

Some names I’m throwing about:
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Tiger[/name_m]
[name_m]Tadhg[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
Shiloh
Silas

[name_f]Do[/name_f] any of them fit with my girls list - are any worth keeping? Does anyone have some middle name ideas for the ones you like?

Thanks a bunch and sorry if this got long. Wishing everyone well and hope you’re all keeping safe and sane.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your girls’ list! You have both my daughters there :slight_smile:

From your boys’ list, I think the shorter options like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_m]Bram[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] feel like the best fit (those are my faves of your shorter options). Also, do you like [name_m]Jonas[/name_m]? I prefer it to [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], and it fits with your strong, sleek, slightly quirky European vibe a little better [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

Can I suggest [name_m]Idris[/name_m], [name_m]Emrys[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Maxim[/name_m], [name_m]Jago[/name_m], [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], Esca, [name_f]Rafa[/name_f], [name_u]Rudy[/name_u], [name_m]Orson[/name_m], [name_m]Alban[/name_m], [name_m]Rollo[/name_m], [name_m]Dougray[/name_m], Ruadh, [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], [name_m]Frey[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]/[name_u]Pascoe[/name_u], [name_m]Eben[/name_m], [name_u]Adair[/name_u]…?

Middle names, let’s see…

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Augustine[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Auberon[/name_u]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

[name_f]Sarai[/name_f], [name_f]Cherith[/name_f], [name_f]Una[/name_f], Mabli, [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Indie[/name_f], [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_f]Dora[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_f]Tansy[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]

For boys, I have [name_m]Sholto[/name_m] and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and then I feel a bit ??? about everything else.

[name_m]Sholto[/name_m]-I’ve never heard this, but it’s super interesting! I like it, & it goes with at least most of your girls’ names.

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]-I really like this one. It’s one of those names that you can picture on a quiet woodsman. He’s super rugged yet gentle. Kind of my favorite style of boy name. ;). It totally goes w/your girls too. I think [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] bridges some gaps in style.

[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]-So charming. It’s one of those names that I love, but wouldn’t be brave enough to use. It works fine w/at least some of your girl names to. Like [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_f]Dora[/name_f] & [name_f]Polly[/name_f] specifically.

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]-I don’t care for this one. I was a music major in college, so I had to watch that movie a lot, LOL. It’s about a horrible bratty Motzart character.

[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]-This is different, but not my favorite. [name_m]Just[/name_m] too much, but it’s not awful.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]-This is handsome. It’s a bit fancy w/most of your girls, but probably works. I think it works w/[name_f]Stella[/name_f] at least. I like all of the nns like [name_m]Satch[/name_m], [name_m]Seb[/name_m], Sebby & Bash.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]-This is cute, but man I see it on a lot of lists! I think it’s just name nerd popular. It kind of goes w/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Polly[/name_f].

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]-This is nice. It’s sort of popular, I think? I don’t actually hear it that often, so never mind. It’s a good name. I like it w/most of your list.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]-Cute, but not my favorite. Not sure why. I hear it a lot in my town! It may be a fluke.

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]-Also popular, but very sweet. Has a kind vibe.

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]-I’ve recently come around to liking this name a lot, when I use to think that it was cheesy. It’s very cowboy-ish, which I like. I think that it goes w/[name_f]Polly[/name_f], but maybe not all of your list.

[name_u]Remy[/name_u]-This is adorable. We have friends who named their baby girl this, & I was annoyed. It’s really sweet on a boy.

[name_m]Bram[/name_m]-This seems too nick-namey. I love [name_m]Abram[/name_m]. Although prefer the nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m], but [name_m]Bram[/name_m] is okay.

[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]-This one doesn’t do much for me.

[name_u]Percy[/name_u]-Cute, but kind of too cute.

[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]-I only like this for cat.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]-This is nice. A little posh with most of your girls, but it’s different & handsome w/the charming nn of [name_u]Freddie[/name_u].

[name_u]August[/name_u]-This is like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] to me. Bridges the gap between styles. It’s very classic & handsome w/super cute nn options.

[name_m]Tiger[/name_m]-Okay, this one is a little much.

[name_m]Tadhg[/name_m]-This is better. I really want to like it, but it does sound a bit incomplete.

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]-I like the sound of this a lot. It’s a little hipster-y though. Which isn’t necessarily bad. It’s a handsome name.

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]-I love it! One of my top favorites. I just love the sweet sound of it, but I think it’s boyish too. It goes well w/the first half of your girl list.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]-This is nice. Sort of like [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] but more rugged.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

@katinka thank you! That’s what I’m thinking - the shorter ones work best. I wish i did like [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] but it just doesn’t sit right with me. I do love [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Idris[/name_m], [name_u]Rudy[/name_u], [name_m]Eben[/name_m], and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] though - thabk you!
I’m also loving [name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m], [name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] and [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!!

@michellem thank you for such detailed feednack. Im you can see names like [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] working with some of my girls

I like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u]

I love …
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

I like …
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]

What about …
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Reginald[/name_m]

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Arrow[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Zed[/name_m]

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Jakob[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Irving[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

I think these names fit your style best:

[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

The rest are great names but a bit “fussy” compared to your girls list.

Some middle name ideas:

[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] Larkspur
[name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]

@merlyp thank you!!

@thunderlee thank you!!! I’m enjoying [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] :slight_smile:

@moonstone thank you!! I’m enjoying [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m], and [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]