could you please comment on these two random names?

These names are both completely random.

Boy name- [name]Kareem[/name]. pronounced kuh-reem. Arabic origin, meaning gracious/generous.It’s currently ranked at 758 in the top 1000 boy names, and its most popular year was 1977 where it was ranked at 367.

Girl name- [name]Jetta[/name]. pronounced jet-uh. Scandinavian and Danish origin, meaning referring to jet, a dark black shiny gemstone. it’s never been ranked in the top 1000 names.

I would like you to basically tell me everything about this name (your thoughts/opinions, people you know with this name, any stories/history you have on it, names you think would sound good as a middle name for it, also if you have any pics of people you know with this name, preferably like babies or toddlers, etc.)

Thanks!!

[name]Kareem[/name]: I’m not personally a fan because it sounds like ‘cream’ to me (I know, weird, it’s probably just me) but there’s nothing really wrong with it.

[name]Jetta[/name]: This reminds me of the car by the same name, and I wouldn’t use it for that reason. It’s just too connected. Behind the Name says it’s pronounced ‘yetta’, which reminds me of a yeti. I don’t think I’m a fan of this one.

[name]Kareem[/name] is ok. I don’t particularly like Arabic names… but that’s just me. I love the meaning, though.
[name]Jetta[/name] is the name of a self-centered character on [name]Clifford[/name] the Big [name]Red[/name] Dog… so to me it sounds stuckup and cartoonish.

[name]Kareem[/name] – I don’t like it too much. It’s just not my style. I’d probably think if it was on an Arabic person that it was really lovely and reflected their heritage, but I just don’t think it works well in [name]America[/name], or English-speaking countries… or perhaps what I’m trying to say is, is that I just wouldn’t name my American/English child [name]Kareem[/name]. xD Woo, haha.

[name]Jetta[/name] – I love it’s meaning! Maybe that’s the only thing that draws me to it, but I adore it.

[name]Hi[/name] there I have grown quite fond of some Arabic names so am liking [name]Kareem[/name], I really love [name]Naveed[/name] which might be of different origin but I think is just as lovely :slight_smile:

[name]Jetta[/name] is great, spunky and cool.

Awesome names :slight_smile: I’m such a fan of names that are different.