Courtney?

Our friends just named their fourth child, a girl, [name]Courtney[/name]. [name]Courtney[/name] [name]Maureen[/name]. I don’t know why but I was SHOCKED! It sounds SO dated to me! Their three other kids are [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Connie[/name] ([name]Constance[/name]) and [name]Elle[/name]… I also feel like [name]Courtney[/name] doesn’t quite fit with these either? Idk I’m so bummed out that she used this, but maybe I’m overreacting haha. Thoughts?

I totally agree with you. Poor [name]Courtney[/name], she gets a dated surname and her siblings get nice, classic names. I like [name]Maureen[/name], though.

I like [name]Courtney[/name]. I don’t think it sounds too dated, though it is past its prime a bit. Still would fit in with the Peytons and Mackenzies in the classroom [name]IMO[/name]. [name]Maureen[/name], on the other hand…no way, unless it was a family name or something.

To me, [name]Constance[/name] and [name]Elle[/name] don’t sound like sisters at all.

I don’t think her children’s names match at all, to be honest. But that’s her decision, and it would save you lots of time and energy if you stopped fretting over it. Personally, I have nothing against [name]Courtney[/name] and I think it still has some charm left over.