Cousins names influence?

It completely delights me that you said you were cross. Being from [name]California[/name], I’ve never heard anyone say they were cross ever except in books about [name]England[/name]. People where I live say they’re going to cross the street or something like that. [name]Ailsa[/name], you’re amazing! I love your name so much, and the way you’re [name]Red[/name] Riding Hood on Nameberry, and the way you’re Welsh ( I think that’s what you are.) So charming and intriguing! The next time I am upset I am going to say that I am cross. Maybe I will say that I am very cross. I hope I can remember to say that.
I have some Welsh in me along with a ton of other nationalities. My husband looks very Welsh, but he is adopted, so he’s not sure what he is. He has really long curly eyebrows which he trims which is unfortunate because he looks kind of like an elf when his eyebrows are nice and long. I get VERY [name]CROSS[/name] with him when he trims his eyebrows too much because then he looks silly. He tries to hide what he did by attempting to pull his hair down over his eyebrows, but eventually I see his mangled eyebrows.

Whoa! I missed this, but I also have to add huge hugs for [name]Erin[/name]! She’s a bright, kind, sensitive, caring woman who adds a great deal to Nameberry! If I knew her address, I’d send her a lovely gift, and it most certainly wouldn’t be “Hooked On Phonics.” ([name]Erin[/name], I’m sending you virtual cookies!) :slight_smile:

Hugs to you! :slight_smile:

Awww thanks [name]Jill[/name]! Your cookies taste yummy and baby [name]Lucia[/name]/[name]Elliott[/name]/[name]Andie[/name]/[name]Remi[/name] likes them too! LOL

It completely delights me that you said you were cross. Being from [name]California[/name], I’ve never heard anyone say they were cross ever except in books about [name]England[/name]. People where I live say they’re going to cross the street or something like that. [name]Ailsa[/name], you’re amazing! I love your name so much, and the way you’re [name]Red[/name] Riding Hood on Nameberry, and the way you’re Welsh ( I think that’s what you are.) So charming and intriguing! The next time I am upset I am going to say that I am cross. Maybe I will say that I am very cross. I hope I can remember to say that.
I have some Welsh in me along with a ton of other nationalities. My husband looks very Welsh, but he is adopted, so he’s not sure what he is. He has really long curly eyebrows which he trims which is unfortunate because he looks kind of like an elf when his eyebrows are nice and long. I get VERY [name]CROSS[/name] with him when he trims his eyebrows too much because then he looks silly. He tries to hide what he did by attempting to pull his hair down over his eyebrows, but eventually I see his mangled eyebrows.[/quote]

I have some Welsh in me along with a ton of other nationalities. My husband looks very Welsh, but he is adopted, so he’s not sure what he is. He has really long curly eyebrows which he trims which is unfortunate because he looks kind of like an elf when his eyebrows are nice and long. I get VERY [name]CROSS[/name] with him when he trims his eyebrows too much because then he looks silly. He tries to hide what he did by attempting to pull his hair down over his eyebrows, but eventually I see his mangled eyebrows.[/quote]

Well, thank you [name]Susan[/name], for your kind remarks! I too feel I know you a little from your regular posts, and although I have only been on Nameberry for about six weeks, I can honestly say it has given me such pleasure already.

Yes, I am Welsh (well, some English as well, from [name]Devon[/name] and Northumberland) and my children are half-Scottish as my husband was a Glaswegian. I guess we British are great at the understatement. When my mother (aged 88, who lives with me and my six teenagers and six cats) gets REALLY cross, she says “[name]DASH[/name] MY BUTTONS!” in a loud voice and then we know we are in a lot of trouble.

I am envious of your husband’s eyebrows. And also your capes. I once had a damson-coloured velvet cloak which was made for me when I was a flower-girl at a wedding. It was real silk velvet(unlike the synthetic velvets of today), and had gold corded ties. It is very old now - almost as old as me - and has had a lot of wear and tear, most recently used as one of the cloaks for the Three Wise Men in church nativity plays, but I will never part with it.

My sister is adopted. Can’t your husband trace his family history with the help of the adoption services like you can here? But I am wandering off the point here.

I do waffle. Sorry.

[name]Ailsa[/name]
x

My mother used to say, “Begorreh” or something when she was mad. “Begorreh, I’m going to spank you!” We would start running away from her, but we were laughing so hard at Begorreh that we could hardly run. She also said, “Oh my foot and hind leg!” She has a lot of Irish and Scottish and Welsh in her, but her family migrated across the Souther U.S. for many generations.
My husband has a closed adoption. The name of his birth mother is in his mother’s safe deposit box, but we can’t look in there. All we know is that is birth mother is from back east and was only fourteen when she had him.
What color is damson?
When I’m really upset, I say, “Oh, Poo!” I try not to swear, so that is the best I can do.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Susan[/name], we must be blogging at the same time, with just the Atlantic ocean between us! What fun! (I have just been doing my Crayola name with [name]Nephele[/name], isn’t she such fun too!)

Damson is dark blue-ish purple, as in the fruit.

When I am really cross, I would not like to tell you what I say or you will be reporting me to Nameberry Headquarters . . . . .

The virtual cookies arrived, [name]Erin[/name]? Great! :slight_smile: I’m glad that you and baby [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Remi[/name] [name]Andie[/name] [name]Elliott[/name] enjoyed them. :slight_smile:

When I was 14 my family got a computer and I starting going to chat rooms. I remember back then it was really fun to pretend that the chat room was a real room. We’d say stuff like, “I drew a yellow cat on the wall with a marker”… and stuff like that, lol, nerdy. Anyway, that’s totally off topic, but your virtual cookies reminded me of that. My husband made an “Incredible Melted Ice Cream Cake”, it was made with melted cookie dough ice cream, and the frosting was the best I’ve ever had! I will virtually share with everyone who isn’t being mean to [name]Erin[/name].

Haha, it’s not that late, but I’m feeling pretty loopy.

That sounds delicious, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! ([name]May[/name] I please have some more?) :slight_smile:

Thanks for the smile this morning gals!

I am sharing my raspberry kolackys with you all this morning that my [name]MIL[/name] made last night. (But I am very glad I don’t have to share for real because she only made a few raspberry ones and I am hoarding them all! LOL)

Have a lovely day!