Creating an honorary name please help

I made a post not too long ago about wanting to create name combos with the intent on honoring the females in my family since the men already have a system set up for themselves. Well with the opinions of my fellow berries I decided on [name_f]Antonella[/name_f] to honor my paternal grandma [name_f]Antionette[/name_f]
Now I’d like to honor a late cousin of mine. Her name was [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] and she died at 15 of a drug overdose, her younger sister found her, it’s an incredibly sad memory. Part of me feels because of the situation surrounding her passing I shouldn’t ever name a child after her since the memory is still traumatic for my other cousin and then my aunt and uncle of course, but I also think it would be a sweet gesture at the same time.
If I did go about honoring her I really like the name [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] (cat-a-lee-ah) and am pretty set on using that instead of [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]. Yay or nay?

As for middles:

[name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
[name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] [name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]
[name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] [name_f]Roísín[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] or [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] [name_f]Róisín[/name_f].

2 Likes

I really like [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] [name_u]Harlow[/name_u]! It’s a great honour name for [name_f]Catalina[/name_f].

This might be ignorance on my part but I always assumed it was pronounced cat-uh-LAY-a, not cat-uh-LEE-a, so you might have a bit of mispronunciations to contend with.

2 Likes

Same here, I also thought it was cat-uh-lay-uh.

You could use both names to create a single honorary name… [name_f]Antonina[/name_f] to me combines [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f] and [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] and might remove the sting for family surrounding Catalina’s death.

1 Like

Cateleya [name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] is lovely

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting [name_f]Antonina[/name_f]. I would be willing to consider using that as a middle at some point, it’s a little difficult for me to initially pronounce but once I go at it slowly it is quite pretty

Added [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] to my UC