Creative Critters

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries!

There might already be a thread or two like this, but I was wondering; what are some of the silliest, most fitting, most creative or obscure pet names you have ever heard?

A couple examples of inventive and/or goofy names I have encountered recently:

Turnip
Syrup
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f] (a cat, idk why this one gets me)
Panache
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m] [name_m]Wayne[/name_m] nn batman

If anyone has any pet names that they in some way find amusing or creative, I would love to hear them!

(On a side note, this thread is supposed to be fun not derogatory, I am not poking fun at these name choices)

I also once knew a [name_f]Cat[/name_f] Masterson

I’ve got the longest list of dream names for future pets! My favourite silly ones are Firefly, Fawkes and Wings.

Growing up I owned a tabby cat called Beanbag - don’t quite know how we landed on this one but he went by Beanie or [name_m]Bean[/name_m] and I loved how random it was. So perfectly fitting to his soft, scaredy cat personality!

Beanbag is cute :smiley: I make pet name lists too! Usually my pets names are sort of themed, but my most recent cat got the rather silly moniker of Pajamas ! It’s funny how it ends up that way, sometimes a name just fits too perfectly

I have a very long list of names I want to give to my future pets (and I want to have A LOT of them). Lots of them come from Shakespearean characters, such as Sycorax (perfect name for a black cat), [name_m]Prospero[/name_m], [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] and [name_m]Hamlet[/name_m]. I also like the idea of giving pets famous people’s names, like Robespierre, Houdini (I always imagine a tiny snake with this name), [name_m]Picasso[/name_m], [name_f]Monet[/name_f], [name_m]Aristotle[/name_m] and others, and I absolutely need to name some of my pets after characters from my favorite books, like [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], Éponine, [name_m]Sirius[/name_m], you get the idea. I also feel like one day I’ll have to resist the urge to name my animals something kind of stupid, like Dishwasher, Sock, Ratatouille or Forklift, because, let’s be honest, I can totally see myself doing that.

Most of my friends have pets with plain and kind of boring names, but one of them had a hamster named [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] and another one has a cat named Pantera, which is Italian for “panther”. My mom used to have hamsters when she was my age and she always gave them “people” names, like [name_f]Filippa[/name_f] or [name_m]Ugo[/name_m]. Now my family has two cats, Nymphadora and [name_f]Cosette[/name_f], which I named, plus various outside cats that live in the farm next to our home, which I named [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Mildred[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_m]Le[/name_m]ón (named by my brother), Caligola (Italian form of Caligula), [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m], [name_m]Marius[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. I’m a [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] AND [name_u]Les[/name_u] Misérables fan! :smiley:

Thanks Yuma! Haha, Pajamas is great! So creative :smiley:

I love all of your names @valandtina and actually have many of them on my list too! Definitely going to be adding Aristotle, Hamlet and Monet! Sycorax is so cool too! I recently came across Endymion and thought that would be pretty perfect for a pet as well.

My friend named her dog Parrot and it’s pretty funny

The animals I have owned with unique names:

[name_f]Cat[/name_f] named Velcro because she hadn’t figured out how retract her claws and sounded like velcro ripping apart when you picked her up.

A rat named Surprise. I asked for another rat after my previous 2 passed away and I needed an animal for a school project. I was told no and a couple of weeks later was handed a squirmy baby that my family picked out for me <3.

A bunny named WTF nn W. It took me forever to name this bunny! “She” had gone through 5 different trial names when I had finally settled on Paisley. A few months later the rabbit kept trying to mount my cat. I picked it up and realized my girl bunny was actually a boy bunny! My first thought was “WTF, that’s a penis…” and W kinda stuck as his name.

A kitten from a litter I was taking care of was named Zibbles by her adopter when he was drunk. He had no idea where it came from. The kitten I kept was named Teeter-Totter. He was the last to get his balance while walking and was kinda wobbly and walked funny long after his siblings were running.

I had a kitten living under my porch for awhile that I was trying to take in. I named her Porscha because she was a porch kitty lol.

My sister named her solid black hamster Freckles because she liked the word lol.

A cat I had for a few weeks before he got really sick was named Siren because he had a very loud voice and was always talking.

A cat… named Catrick Swayze.

I had a cat named [name_f]Comet[/name_f] when I was a kid. I wasn’t the one that named him and thought it was kind of a strange name for a cat, but I sure did love that kitty!

Catrick Swayze is the greatest name ever!!

I also have a huge pet name list. A lot of them are names I like but are really wacky so I wouldn’t use on a child, some are food related (…okay a lot are food related) and there’s a lot of “fandom” related names - names of favourite characters or place names etc. from books, TV etc.

When I was younger we had a [name_u]Golden[/name_u] Retriever called [name_m]Scully[/name_m], my mum named her after the character from The X Files. I named one of our current dogs [name_f]Jaffa[/name_f] because when she was a pup she black and tan and the tan bits were very vividly orange, so she was the colour of a jaffa cake. Our other current dog is called [name_f]Mysti[/name_f] and I think I got the name from a kid’s TV show but I can’t remember what it was. Other pets we had when I was young were [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] (goldfish, named because [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] was orange and white like [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] in Finding [name_m]Nemo[/name_m], and fish have fins ergo [name_u]Finley[/name_u]), and two guinea pigs called [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (named by my mum, there was no reason) and Sir [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] Squeaksalot (who was a girl so I’m not sure why the ‘Sir’ but she squeaked every time you picked her up. We called her [name_m]Monty[/name_m]).

I had a cat named Gremlin when I was really little, and one of her kittens was named Dog because he chased his tail and apparently played fetch
When I was around 10 we got another two cats, named Sherbert and Licorice

My friend’s new kittens:
[name_m]Midnight[/name_m]
[name_m]Columbus[/name_m]
[name_m]Newt[/name_m]
[name_m]Rocket[/name_m]

@wildmoonchild, I like [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] for a person!! Might be kind of a gp, but SO likes it as as middle name in one of our combos, so I might really use it someday.

@mamabear0903, I knew cat named [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] Swayze! A missed opportunity (;

@fullabeans, Licorice and Sherbert are waaaaay cute! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it. Reminds me of a friend’s cat, Coconut. I want to say her other cat was named [name_f]Mimosa[/name_f]? I also saw a cat on the Internet with the name Coffee once…apparently I’m a big fan of the food/drink theme (my pets have all mostly had 60s themed names, though)

@emmievis, parrot is a fun one! The bird/animal theme could be really fun/funny

I know a cat called Mr. Pickles. It suits him well. Oh and I know a rabbit called Jumphrey [name_m]Bogart[/name_m].

Now I want a cat named firefly!