Creative Formal Name for Remy?

My husband and I both love the name [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and while I think it could stand alone, he feels it may be a little too childish/nicknamey and wants to give our son another option as a formal name. We don’t love [name_u]Remington[/name_u] or [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] so we are trying to think outside the box for creative solutions!

Right now we are interested in using [name_u]Remy[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_u]Emery[/name_u]/[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] or possibly [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]. Anyone have other ideas???

[name_m]Remus[/name_m]
Regulus

Romuald
Mederic

[name_m]Roman[/name_m] nn [name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] is awesome - what about [name_m]Monty[/name_m] as a nn?
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]-- R- any r name you like plus an M middle: [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] for example = [name_u]Remy[/name_u].

[name_m]Ephrem[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Rembrandt[/name_m]
[name_u]Remington[/name_u]
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]

Montgomery
Cameron
Emerett
Emeric
Merritt
Meriwether
Palmer
Sumner

I wondered if [name_m]Roman[/name_m] was too far from [name_u]Remy[/name_u] but I like the idea of R name plus M middle, thanks!

A name I’ve heard, and loved, is Remiel. That would rather easily lead to the [name_u]Remy[/name_u]! Other then that I don’t have any ideas. There’s been some great suggestions.

Really appreciate all of these great suggestions!