Critique My Current Favorites Please

Below are my current favorite combos. Critique them please! What do you like and dislike about each? Which ones are your favorite and which ones do you detest and why? All of the middle names are honor names except for [name_u]Julien[/name_u] and [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f].

Boys

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] [name_u]Kade[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]

Girls

[name_f]Sylva[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u] [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Bella[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] - a lot of repeating letters, & [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] is a verrryyyyy different vibe from [name_u]Charles[/name_u] & [name_u]Dean[/name_u] imo
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] [name_u]Kade[/name_u] - no critiques, nms but goes well together. The initials ELK are great too!!
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] - [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is dated and not quite ready for a comeback, & [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] has the obvious double meaning
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Ward[/name_m] - The names run together a bit but other than that it’s fine

[name_f]Sylva[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - once again, they give off very different vibes & don’t go all that well together imho. Also, [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_u]Kade[/name_u] are too close for siblings unless every child follows that theme
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u] [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] - these reallllyyyyy run together. [name_u]An[/name_u] easy way to fix this would be to change [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] to [name_f]Maia[/name_f] & pronounce [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as “bee” if you weren’t already
[name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - very different styles once again & melody has strong 2000s vibes if that bothers you
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Bella[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - I think emerald is too out-there for a first. wdyt of [name_f]Bella[/name_f] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]?

Please feel free to ignore as much of this as you want, I was just trying to be honest-

2 Likes

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] - not sure why but it’s giving me ‘old hollywood’ vibes, classic but also effortlessly cool!

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] [name_u]Kade[/name_u] - charming and a nice balance of softness and sharpness

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] - so very cool! I like the warmth of [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], the distinctiveness of [name_m]Ransom[/name_m], the sharp sounds of [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]!

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Ward[/name_m] - sleek, mysterious and powerful, but grounded too

[name_f]Sylva[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - light, sleek and bright, with a pleasing sharpness. [name_f]My[/name_f] only concern with this is that people might misread it/assume it’s [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]?

[name_u]Laurel[/name_u] [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] - all three are pretty names and I really like them, but together, they feel not quite cohesive, not quite as knitted together as your other choices

[name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - ooh, [name_f]Melody[/name_f] is warm and gorgeous, [name_f]Jane[/name_f] grounds this and [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] is magical

[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Bella[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] and I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - they have a magical, colourful vibe. I don’t mind the flow of [name_f]Bella[/name_f] but it feels a bit cutesy yet clunky and out of place here? [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]? [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]? [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]? [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]? [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]?

[/quote]

1 Like

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]- I like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] as a fn. it’s accessible and not super common (at least in my area). [name_u]Charles[/name_u] and [name_u]Dean[/name_u] seem like rather plain middle names but with the first name I feel like it’s an okay choice.
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] [name_u]Kade[/name_u]- to me it sounds like the name of a law firm. I don’t really like the combo together.
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]- to me [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] are really fun and funky and [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] is just old and clunky.
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Julien[/name_u] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]- I’ve never really liked the name [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. Always reminds of [name_m]Silas[/name_m] Marner. [name_u]Julien[/name_u] is very [name_u]French[/name_u] in my mind and [name_m]Ward[/name_m] is just blah. This name doesn’t fit together in my mind.

Girls

[name_f]Sylva[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]- imo Slyva looks like a misspelled [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is a cute middle but doesn’t match and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] seems like filler.
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u] [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] - I really like the name [name_u]Laurel[/name_u]. I feel like it’s approachable and I don’t think that your baby [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] will be one of several kids named [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] in school. [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] is okay. [name_f]Bea[/name_f] feels like filler again. I feel like [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] is beautiful just by itself.
[name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - i prefer [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] [name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Bella[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - I like all three names on their own but this combo seems very clunky and disjointed to me.

1 Like