Critique my names?

[name]Hi[/name] there- newbie here. I’d like some feedback from strangers on our name choices for our little one. (Expecting him/her in early [name]December[/name]). We’re not sharing the name until baby arrives, so I thought it’d be a good idea to ask anonymously. :slight_smile:

So give it to me straight, I can take it. :slight_smile:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] / [name]Linus[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]

Oh, I love them both! Adorable.

I adore [name]Linus[/name], I would love to meet a little boy named [name]Linus[/name]! But are you prepared for the whole [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] reference? (not a negative reference [name]IMO[/name], but people will naturally think of [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name]). I think [name]Matthew[/name] is a great middle name for [name]Linus[/name]…it balances well.

The [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] connection does make me a little nervous, but its such a great name I’m trying not to let that stop me. But I do know that will be the first thing people think of.:wink:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] is lovely! I love [name]Ivy[/name], and the combo flows very nicely. I agree with gigi22 about [name]Linus[/name]-- it’s a fine name and very refreshing, but [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is most people’s primary association. Also, I wouldn’t have [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Linus[/name] as siblings-- they’re too close sounding.

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] is a lovely combination but I’m less enthusiastic about [name]Linus[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]. The flow is good but [name]Linus[/name] is associated with the blanket-toting cartoon character (eg. the image in most people’s mind would be of a weak or insecure boy). However, it is rare and quirky which is an advantage. [name]Do[/name] you like alternatives such as [name]Silas[/name], [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Casper[/name] and [name]Philo[/name]? In the end, if you’re not worried about the [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] connection and you love [name]Linus[/name], by all means use it!

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] is great.

Since you wanted it straight I’ll say that I’m not a fan of [name]Linus[/name] (and we recently had friends use the name but it didn’t help me like it any better). I think the fact that it rhymes with Sinus is what I dislike about it. Obviously there are a lot of perfectly good names that have unfortunate rhymes so it doesn’t have to stop you I just wanted to give my honest opinion.

[name]Love[/name] both of them. I don’t see how [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Linus[/name] are close for brother and sister either. Nice names.

Normally, I wouldn’t like the name [name]Lucille[/name], but paired with [name]Ivy[/name] as the first name, it’s really fresh-sounding and sassy. I for one love the name [name]Linus[/name] because [name]Linus[/name] Pauling is one of my heroes. Also, [name]Linus[/name] was definitely the philosopher of the Peanuts gang, and what’s wrong with that? Are the Peanuts even on the radar of kids these days? [name]Matthew[/name] is a little run-of-the-mill to me, but as a middle name, it’s fine.

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate the honest feedback!

I hope you have a boy! I love [name]Linus[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]! It is too cute and I just can’t get over that name! <3

I think that [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] is darling, sophisticated, and spunky all at the same time! I love it!

I like [name]Linus[/name] [name]Matthew[/name], too-it is a handsome name. While [name]Linus[/name] probably isn’t a name I’d be brave enough to use, I like it. Yes, [name]Linus[/name] is somewhat unexpected, and yes, there will be associations with [name]Linus[/name] from [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name]. But hey, unexpected can be good and the character [name]Linus[/name] from [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is a great character (at least, in my opinion)! I’m starting to think of [name]Linus[/name] as really cute, like maggiedances14.

Great name combos & congrats on your little one!

~*~Nameseeker3

I like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] alot, not a big fan of [name]Linus[/name], think I would like [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Linus[/name] :slight_smile: biased though my brother is [name]Matthew[/name]!

I love [name]Matthew[/name] also… its my husband’s name. :wink:

[name]Love[/name] both names! I go through birth announcements for my blog and I hardley ever find a [name]Linus[/name]. I would love to meet a little [name]Linus[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] both! I didn’t watch much [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] as a kid, so [name]Linus[/name] makes me think of the character on ‘[name]Sabrina[/name].’ If you think of it like that, it’s a really cool name!

I really love [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]. I think it is charming and classy, and the perfect combo. I’m a big Peanuts fan, so the name [name]Linus[/name] is instantly associated with that, but its a pleasant association. That aside, I really do like [name]Linus[/name]. I’m not a big fan of [name]Matthew[/name], but it does go nice with [name]Linus[/name].