Crosby for a girl?

Title says it all. The other day there was a woman at my gym named [name_u]Crosby[/name_u]. I don’t know why it struck me so much, but I am suddenly really liking it! I haven’t talked to this lady, not even entirely sure who she is, but the name hits just right.

What are your thoughts? Middle ideas?

I sort of dig it. Never heard of one, but it feels very gender neutral to me. Plus the Cros nn is appealing and would work for either I think.

For a middle, I think something more feminine helps pull it off and depending on your style -
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] - [name_f]May[/name_f] / [name_f]Mae[/name_f] / [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Ann[/name_f] / [name_u]Anne[/name_u], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] / [name_f]Carolina[/name_f], [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (I think this my personal fave) - even a lot of these are common mn, they were the first that came to mind. I really like the double C’s or the C/K combo with [name_u]Crosby[/name_u].

I like [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] and [name_u]Darby[/name_u] and [name_u]Crosby[/name_u] gives me the same vibe! I like it!!

[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Loretta[/name_f]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]

I can’t get behind it sorry, I automatically think of [name_m]Bill[/name_m] [name_u]Crosby[/name_u]

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] younger brother had a girl in his class/grade named [name_u]Crosby[/name_u].

I’ve heard it on a girl before and it’s not my style, but I don’t mind it.

Nah, don’t like the sound or the association at all. Find both really awkward and unpleasant.

1 Like

I like it a lot! Spunky and different.

I like it! [name_u]Perfect[/name_u] for a hockey loving family too, a la [name_u]Sidney[/name_u] [name_u]Crosby[/name_u]!

1 Like

Ooooh no. Visceral no from me. Certainly not with [name_m]Bill[/name_m] Cosby and what he did to girls/young women.

1 Like

I dont love it so much but if course my opinion should nit matter. Stick to what soeaks to you. I think my suggestion would be to go with a mire feminine middle name. [name_u]Crosby[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is pretty.