cross-cultural names

[name]Hi[/name] all,

Newbie here. I need some unique ideas for baby names. My child’s surname will include both my maiden (super Spanish) and our last ([name]German[/name] surname)… It’s an interesting combo but it will be done.

I love girls names that end with -a and are short. Some examples: [name]Lola[/name], [name]Luna[/name], etc. I think those names are too common. I like romantic names, I love nature, literary figures, etc. I also like names that end in -er, like [name]Winter[/name], [name]Ember[/name], etc.

For boys, I like more formal names, like [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] but want some flair.

I’ve been looking on the threads, but would appreciate some starting brainstorm suggestions!

Hey there!

If the baby’s surname is going to be a bit long and potentially complicated, I think a short and sturdy name up front would end up working out best! Here are some suggestions that I think fit with your style:

Girls-
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Benna[/name]
[name]Gia[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] (or [name]Ria[/name])
[name]Oona[/name]/[name]Oonagh[/name]/[name]Una[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
Keya
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Arya[/name]
[name]Baya[/name]
[name]Elka[/name]
[name]Gaia[/name]
[name]Vesper[/name]
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]

Boys-
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]/[name]August[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]

Personally, I think that [name]Oona[/name], [name]Thea[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Petra[/name] are stunning, romantic, lovely, and wonderfully short! I also think they are slightly off the beaten path and wouldn’t be as common as [name]Luna[/name] or [name]Lola[/name]. However, I also find [name]Winter[/name] and [name]Ember[/name] absolutely darling.

For the boys, I think [name]Eli[/name] is a classic, handsome choice that would sound fabulous with a longer name. I also love [name]Silas[/name], [name]Hayes[/name], and [name]Reed[/name].

Best of luck,
[name]David[/name]

Wow these are great suggestions. It is giving me a lot to ponder. THanks

[name]Gioia[/name] (joy in Italian)
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Demi[/name]
[name]Bette[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]