Crossan

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful input. Now I can’t help but think of Crossan as a cross or crossaint and [name]Seamus[/name] as “[name]Shame[/name] us, My Master”–and really, I wanted these kind of insights when I posted here.

My husband is supposed to be working on a list–I told him it might take us a month to settle on the middle name, and our babe is due in mid-[name]November[/name]. I know he likes the names [name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Connor[/name], their sounds but NOT their popularity (and for some reason he doesn’t like [name]Conrad[/name] or [name]Calvin[/name]). So I guess I’ll have to post again when he narrows down some.

As for [name]Linden[/name]–I think I like it because it is also a tree. I know when I think of [name]Sawyer[/name], my first choice, I think of a boy who is happiest outside (barefoot, probably, and lighting out on a river in a homemade raft)…I also like playful names (and truth be told, [name]Barnaby[/name] is my all time fav. for the fun of saying it, tho hubby wouldn’t consider it). So any suggestions of boys names that seem outdoorsy (sunny) or carry a playful energy are very welcome. I know [name]Orion[/name] sounds rather like [name]Ryan[/name], so my hubby may warm to that–though I tend to think of it as a dark (starry) name. It’s too bad there are so many Finns born here and being born here, because I also associate [name]Finn[/name] with sunny and playful.

Again, thanks so much for your continued help.

A name to go with [name]Wyatt[/name] that is sunny and outdoorsy?

I’ll try not repeat and sorry if I do.

Let see -

[name]Auden[/name] - I suggest this name a lot because I love it. nn [name]Audie[/name].
[name]August[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name] - is this too much of a double “t” ending?
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] - I see a little [name]Charlie[/name] playing outside building a fort.
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Devin[/name]
[name]Eli[/name] - I love this name. It feels spunky. I can see overalls and bare feet. I love [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] together!
[name]Ethan[/name] - common but I like it with [name]Wyatt[/name]. [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name].
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] nn [name]Thorne[/name]
[name]Jarrett[/name] - again with the “t’s”
[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Larson[/name]
[name]Micah[/name] - I also like [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Micah[/name] together a lot. They sound like mischief, a good mischief.
[name]Owen[/name] - a little softer than [name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name] - my nephews name and he is all boy all of the time, playing outside climbing trees ect.
[name]Romney[/name]
[name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Schuyler[/name]
[name]Saunders[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name] or not. I see frogs, mud puddles and tree forts. [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Tobin[/name]. [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Toby[/name].

Wow, disa, you are so good at this! So many of the names you list here I’ve liked and run by my husband. In Particular: [name]Auden[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Micah[/name] and [name]Tobin[/name]/[name]Toby[/name] (both). I like [name]Charlie[/name]/[name]Charley[/name] too, though there seems to be an explosion of them being born at the moment). There are many nice others to consider here–thanks for taking the time to brainstorm on outdoorsy/sunny boy names for me.

Your welcome :slight_smile:

[name]Wyatt[/name] is a great name. I’ve known only one [name]Wyatt[/name] and his brothers were [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Cale[/name] (but I think it could have been [name]Richard[/name]) and [name]Andrew[/name] nn [name]Andy[/name]. I like all of their names actually. Despite popularity I think [name]Andrew[/name] was/is still a great name. I like [name]Morgan[/name] for a girls middle name but it really worked for him and I didn’t think of it as a girls names when he sported as a boys name. [name]Mason[/name] is another name I think is great, it’s all boy to me and reminds me of [name]Morgan[/name].

sloppyart, did you have any opinions on the suggestions of [name]Cassian[/name] or [name]Cassius[/name] (both nn [name]Cash[/name])? When I was reading the posts, they really stuck out to me as similar to Crossan and you mentioned that you liked nickname [name]Dash[/name]…maybe [name]Cash[/name] is a little too cowboy though. [name]Cassian[/name] seems playful to me–maybe not outdoorsy but light. [name]Cassius[/name] seems a bit heavier for some reason but has similar sound to [name]Seamus[/name]–and no semen jokes :).

gwensmom, I hadn’t thought of [name]Cassian[/name]. I will now. Probably a [name]Cash[/name] and a [name]Wyatt[/name] might be too ‘wild west’ a theme for us, which I know sounds funny since most people who hear we named our son [name]Wyatt[/name] suggest more western-theme names. But thanks for the suggestion to consider. I know before we had [name]Wyatt[/name] I liked the name [name]Cassidy[/name] for a girl (another western one :), but would never have chosen it for fear folks would “slander” it as [name]Cass[/name]. That “h” in [name]Cash[/name] softens it to a much nicer sound than [name]Cass[/name], [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Heath[/name], [name]Sean[/name], [name]Orlan[/name], [name]Cormac[/name] & [name]Oakley[/name] are my suggestions :slight_smile:

I like [name]Linden[/name].

Thanks for liking [name]Linden[/name], butterfly. I like it too, whether or not we use it :slight_smile:
[name]Cormac[/name]=definitely a favorite. But unfortunately the baby’s last name is McMaster, which rules it out due to the repetitive [name]Mac[/name]/Mc.

I’m getting to this post quite late and I’ve just tried to digest all the name suggestions, but I’m sure to repeat so sorry about that! I’m going to try and suggest things that (to me) are similar to [name]Connor[/name] and/or [name]Ryan[/name] (or for some reason stand out to me as a name to suggest to YOU). :slight_smile:

[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Conan[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Dermot[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Cassian[/name]
[name]Breccan[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Ryland[/name]
[name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]

It looks a bit made up, but I don’t hate it. [name]Cross[/name] would make a cute nickname and it actually goes pretty well with [name]Wyatt[/name].

I just have to second [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestions: [name]Cameron[/name] and [name]Samson[/name]. They are softer sounding, which I agree compliments your last name. They also seem to suit you style and go well with [name]Wyatt[/name].

For these same reasons, I also like [name]Linden[/name] for your family.

What do you think of [name]Wesley[/name] or [name]Cullen[/name] (love this name although Twilight may have ruined it)?

It’s an odd thing: I think I only liked the name Crossan because of the one I know (who’s in his 80’s now), and who gave it a certain rare combination of strength & gentleness. In any case, Crossan was nixed by my husband at first suggestion–He looked like he’d eaten something bad and cited ‘[name]Cross[/name]’ as a potential nickname.

We are now (baby could come any time) thinking to go with [name]Finlay[/name], to honor a family name (Finlayson). I realize [name]Finlay[/name] is nothing like Crossan, but it does have some [name]Linden[/name] in it.

Thanks for all your honest input on Crossan, which allowed me to separate the name from the person behind the name :slight_smile: