Curious, what do nameberries think of the name

Ellet?

it doesn’t really strike me as a “name” - on paper, it looks like “pellet” or a variation of Ellen. if i saw it on a person, i would assume it was a family surname, so for that reason it has a little bit of a Southern vibe. i would much prefer Elliott, or Ellen/Ayelet on a girl.

2 Likes

I think I agree with the previous poster: it has too much potential to be mistaken for Ellen or Elliot. For more familiar names with a similar sound, what about Violet or Ellery? Lettie? Colette?

I’m with @anon35922409. It doesn’t really look like a name, so I’d assume it was probably a family name. Definitely gives me an American surname-as-a-first-name.

It’s quite abrupt as a sound too. I feel like the “let” sound needs a long vowel (Scarlet) or an extra syllable (Elliot or Ayelet) to soften it out.

That being said, it’s starts with [name_f]El[/name_f]- so it’s not like it’s unusable or anything. [name_m]Just[/name_m] an acquired choice!

1 Like

It sounds cute, though I prefer it for a girl.

1 Like

I find it a bit awkward

I feel like anytime he said it out loud, people would think he was saying “Elliot.”

They’ll say, “oh, nice you meet you Elliot” and he’ll have to correct them and explain every time

1 Like

Elliet or
[name_f]Elliette[/name_f]

would be better…