Current favorites, thoughts?

Been looking into some names to add into (or higher up on) my favorites list. What’s your opinion on these? Any certain feel or associations you have? Combo suggestions? I’m mostly just trying to get some ideas with these: (some of these are currently in my signature, but they could change at any time)

[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Maxine[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]

[name]Darius[/name]
[name]Emrys[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Antony[/name] (not [name]Anthony[/name] with an H, but the original form of this name)
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Sidney[/name]

[name]Vera[/name]-this is quite refreshing to see. I really like this
[name]Maxine[/name]-I used to like it, now it just feels stale, still, [name]Maxie[/name] is an adorable nn!
[name]Paloma[/name]-love this, love the [name]Paloma[/name] [name]Picasso[/name] associations and the meaning
[name]Rosetta[/name]-reminds me of the rosetta stone, might make a cool name if you are a language enthusiast :wink:
[name]Rosa[/name]-not a huge fan, reminds me of rosacea, I much prefer [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]-this is very plain too me, I think of an old housewife

[name]Darius[/name]-love it, especially with the nn Darek
[name]Emrys[/name]-this is really cool, especially with the nn Rys
[name]Andre[/name]-nice French classic
[name]Antony[/name]-nice classic
[name]Graham[/name]-one of my favorite surname names
[name]Sidney[/name]-I’d love to see this on a boy!

I love [name]Vera[/name], [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Rosa[/name] and [name]Antony[/name]! I have a soft spot for [name]Sidney[/name], too, and I’m so glad to see this being considered for a boy! I think this is a great list :slight_smile:

Suggestions;
[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Maxine[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name] [name]Marian[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Maxine[/name]

[name]Emrys[/name] [name]Antony[/name]
[name]Sidney[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Andre[/name] [name]Darius[/name]
[name]Antony[/name] [name]Graham[/name]

[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Maxine[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]

[name]Emrys[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]

Those are my favorites out of your favorites… you might like…

[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Monique[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Brenna[/name]

[name]Damon[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Ross[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]

[name]Vera[/name] - I kinda have a like/dislike for this name, nms.
[name]Maxine[/name] - Really do love this.
[name]Paloma[/name] - Makes me think of this snooty designer friend of a friend, so I unfortunately dislike this name.
[name]Rosetta[/name] - Very pretty
[name]Rosa[/name] - Also pretty, but among [name]Rose[/name] names I find I prefer [name]Rosalie[/name], of course that’s just an opinion.
[name]Marian[/name] - Most favorite of the list!!! Really don’t see this one at all, and I love it.

[name]Darius[/name] - Not a fan, I’m sorry.
[name]Emrys[/name] - Also not too fond of.
[name]Andre[/name] - I like this name, it sounds friendly to me.
[name]Antony[/name] - Not at all a fan, seems like something people would just shorten to [name]Tony[/name].
[name]Graham[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this!!
[name]Sidney[/name] - Also love this, so much. I never hear this, and this name sounds so nice.

[name]Vera[/name] - Really like this one and the 20’s feel it has. In a similar vein, I adore [name]Hollis[/name].
[name]Maxine[/name] - That cranky old lady in the comics? No thanks.
[name]Paloma[/name] - Very pretty, and very unusual. Really like it.
[name]Rosetta[/name] - [name]Rosetta[/name] [name]Stone[/name]. Prefer [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosa[/name], [name]Rosemarie[/name], etc.
[name]Rosa[/name] - :slight_smile:
[name]Marian[/name] - Gorgeous. [name]Love[/name] this version of [name]Mary[/name].

[name]Darius[/name] - Ok. A little too [name]Roman[/name] Empire-esque for me.
[name]Emrys[/name] - As in, the alternative name for [name]Merlin[/name]? NMS.
[name]Andre[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Antony[/name] (not [name]Anthony[/name] with an H, but the original form of this name) - Gorgeous. Such a strong, classic name.
[name]Graham[/name] - I really, really don’t like this name. It comes off as wimpy to me.
[name]Sidney[/name] - While originally a popular boys’ name, this has mainly been taken over by the ladies. I have a hard time envisioning a [name]Sidney[/name] (or [name]Sydney[/name]) who won’t get beat up a bit more than average in school.

@shaymin2: I love languages, partially why I like the name [name]Rosetta[/name] so much.

@atlaskatarzyna: Thanks for the combo suggestions, I’ve added a few to my list.

@shanade213: Thanks! I especially like [name]Monique[/name], [name]Simone[/name], [name]Damon[/name], [name]Alistair[/name], [name]Maxwell[/name], and [name]Clark[/name].

@lucystone: [name]Hollis[/name], hmmm, I never thought of that one. I could see myself liking that one. =)

[name]Vera[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this and also love the meaning. My favorite of your list.
[name]Maxine[/name] - Not my favorite. Nickname reminds me of a feminine napkin.
[name]Paloma[/name] - Cute!
[name]Rosetta[/name] - Makes me think of [name]Rosetta[/name] stone too.
[name]Rosa[/name] - A little dated to me.
[name]Marian[/name] - Pretty!

[name]Darius[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! Can definitely picture this on a handsome man.
[name]Emrys[/name] - Not really my style.
[name]Andre[/name] - I really like this one!
[name]Antony[/name] - The [name]Antony[/name]/[name]Anthony[/name] thing bothers me a bit too much.
[name]Graham[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! I can’t decide between this one and [name]Darius[/name] as far as which on is my personal fave. :slight_smile:
[name]Sidney[/name] - Too unisex for me. I know more girls with this name than boys.

[name]Marian[/name]-my favorite
[name]Darius[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!

Children Oil Paintings

[name]Vera[/name]- I adore this name but fear it is about to spike. It was already ripe for the picking- think [name]Ava[/name], [name]Vivian[/name]. Now, it is the main character on Starz [name]Magic[/name] City.
[name]Maxine[/name]- I love the sound of it but [name]Jess[/name] [name]Simpson[/name]'s baby girl [name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Maxi[/name] might catapult it.
[name]Paloma[/name]- The most lovely on your list for its sound and it is fresh and has no head of steam yet.
[name]Rosetta[/name]-[name]Rosamund[/name] is prettier imo.
[name]Rosa[/name] See above.
[name]Marian[/name]- Beautiful name.

[name]Darius[/name]- I love it.
[name]Emrys[/name]- Like [name]Darius[/name] more.
[name]Andre[/name]- I like it.
[name]Antony[/name] (not [name]Anthony[/name] with an H, but the original form of this name)- Others are more interesting.
[name]Graham[/name]- I love it.
[name]Sidney[/name]- I like it a lot.

[name]Vera[/name]- I think it’s all right. It kind of strikes me as a dated [name]German[/name] name, but it’s nice enough.
[name]Maxine[/name]- not my cup of tea.
[name]Paloma[/name]- I think this is nice, but really prefer Coloma (the Catalan form)
[name]Rosetta[/name]- I’m not so keen on this, but I’m not sure why.
[name]Rosa[/name]- I think this is quite pretty.
[name]Marian[/name]- it’s growing on me, but I do prefer [name]Miriam[/name] and [name]Mirian[/name] more.

[name]Darius[/name]- I’m not a fan. Something about it rubs me the wrong way.
[name]Emrys[/name]- I like it! Very cool!
[name]Andre[/name]- not a fan, I feel like it’s missing something.
[name]Antony[/name]- it’s nice and I totally prefer it to [name]Anthony[/name].
[name]Graham[/name]- Great name; I love it!
[name]Sidney[/name]- I like this a lot. I do have to say, as far as associations go, being that I’m Canadian, [name]Sidney[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] comes to mind, though I don’t think that’s really a bad thing.