Current lists... Thoughts/suggestions please.

Looking for opinions on our current lists and more suggestions along the same lines please! Please be brutally honest and rearrange/make suggestions as you see fit.

Girl
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Churchyard
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] Churchyard
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] Churchyard
[name]Enid[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] Churchyard

Boy
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] Churchyard
[name]Douglas[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Churchyard
[name]Warren[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] Churchyard
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] Churchyard

[name]Will[/name] be sister/brother to [name]Florence[/name] [name]Marlena[/name] who currently goes as [name]Flossie[/name].

Thanks [name]Eli[/name] x

My favourites are [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]. I think they match [name]Florence[/name] [name]Marlena[/name] the best plus they’re very great names.

[name]Love[/name]:
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Churchyard
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] Churchyard
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] Churchyard
[name]Douglas[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Churchyard
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] Churchyard

[name]Cara[/name] is a bit 90’s for me and not as substantial as the other picks. I just really can’t bring myself to like the sound of [name]Enid[/name], and [name]Warren[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] is not quite as classic as your other boys’ names.

Thanks. Have always loved the name [name]Enid[/name]… but I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea! Any other ideas along the same lines/other middle name ideas?
[name]Eli[/name] x

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Churchyard: This is a nice combo, but I much prefer it switched around: [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. I love [name]Louisa[/name], and [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Florence[/name] have very similar endings. Plus it flows better.

[name]Cara[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] Churchyard: [name]Cara[/name] seems a lot more modern and insubstantial than [name]Florence[/name]. And as far as I know, it’s an Italian term of endearment, and not a real name exactly.

[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] Churchyard: [name]Rosa[/name] is my name, so I definitely approve of this one. :slight_smile: It flows wonderfully; I love [name]Marianne[/name] as a middle name. [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name] go very well together.

[name]Enid[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] Churchyard: I’m not really a fan of [name]Enid[/name], because it still seems so frumpy, but there’s nothing else really wrong with it. I much prefer [name]Francesca[/name], but [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] are a little matchy together.

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] Churchyard: I love this! [name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] is a great combo, and [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are really nice together. I also like [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Henry[/name].

[name]Douglas[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Churchyard: I’m not a fan of [name]Douglas[/name], but I love [name]Benjamin[/name]. [name]Douglas[/name] seems vaguely middle aged to me.

[name]Warren[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] Churchyard: [name]Warren[/name] Churchyard sounds weird, like a war in a churchyard, but that’s probably just me. Also [name]Warren[/name] and [name]Florence[/name] are a little rhymey.

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] Churchyard: I love [name]Peter[/name], and this is a very nice combo.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] are perfect. Great sib-set. :slight_smile:

My favorite girls’ names are [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name].
I like all your boy picks, but maybe prefer [name]Peter[/name] [name]Timothy[/name].
I really like the 2-3-2 flow of all your names. (2-2-2 can sometimes sound clunky)

Names that might go (for fun - I don’t think you can improve too much on your choices!):
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Rupert[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Walter[/name] [name]Elliott[/name]

My personal favorites not only with [name]Florence[/name] but also as a name individually, are [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]. By the way, I adore [name]Florence[/name] and the nn [name]Flossie[/name]!

Girl
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Churchyard- I adore this, especially with [name]Florence[/name] [name]Marlena[/name] Churchyard (uber-cool last name by the way!) [name]Beatrice[/name] matches [name]Florence[/name]'s old-lady vibe and is fresh and beautiful beside modern day’s Addisons and Madisons. [name]Louisa[/name] also captures [name]Marlena[/name]'s off-beat but well-known flair. [name]Louisa[/name] as a first name is stunning as well…

[name]Cara[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] Churchyard- [name]Cara[/name] feels slightly trendy and 90s to me, especially compared to the classical [name]Florence[/name]. [name]Jacqueline[/name] is pretty but I find it sadly over-used. It is quite better in the mn spot.

[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] Churchyard- [name]Rosa[/name] is my least favorite ‘[name]Rose[/name]’ variant. While [name]Rose[/name] herself is my number one favorite, it feels a bit short to match [name]Florence[/name], although I think it could be pulled off. Personally, I think [name]Rosamond[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] (though not with [name]Marianne[/name] as a middle name) and [name]Rosaline[/name] match [name]Florence[/name] best with their timeless but fresh quality. [name]Marianne[/name] reminds me of Sense and Sensibility, which I think is a great literary connection.

[name]Enid[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] Churchyard- I just can’t get on board with [name]Enid[/name]. Similar names are [name]Ida[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Astrid[/name]. [name]Francesca[/name] is beautiful but seems a bit of a deviant from the style of the rest of your names.

Some suggestions I haven’t mentioned with their possible nns:
[name]Imogen[/name] nn [name]Immy[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]/[name]Helena[/name] nn [name]Nell[/name]/[name]Elen[/name]/[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] nn Corde/[name]Delia[/name]/[name]Lia[/name]/[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]/[name]Adele[/name] nn [name]Addie[/name]/[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name] nn [name]Merry[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name]/[name]Mattie[/name]/[name]Tilda[/name]/[name]Millie[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]/[name]Dorothea[/name] nn [name]Dot[/name]/[name]Dottie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Meg[/name] (my favorite!)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Bess[/name]/[name]Betsy[/name]/[name]Lizzie[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Beth[/name] etc.
[name]Flora[/name] (whoops, not with [name]Florence[/name]. Too bad…)
[name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Cecilia[/name]/[name]Celia[/name] nn Cece/[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] nn [name]Vi[/name]

I also want to suggest [name]Felicity[/name] for a middle name, as it seems rather close to [name]Florence[/name] as a first name.

Boy
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] Churchyard- I love [name]Henry[/name] so much! [name]Theodore[/name] is also great and, like [name]Louisa[/name], can also work wonderfully as a first name with [name]Florence[/name].

[name]Douglas[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Churchyard- I’m not a fan of [name]Douglas[/name], especially with the nn [name]Doug[/name] (which I’m not sure if you intend on using.) [name]Benjamin[/name] great though and I like it as a first name, though perhaps something less common like [name]Bennett[/name] works better with [name]Florence[/name].

[name]Warren[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] Churchyard- Though this combo flows, I’m not liking either name all too much. [name]Warren[/name] feels dated to me and the ‘war’ beginning puts me off. [name]Zachary[/name] is too popular for my taste but it works as a middle name, I suppose.

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] Churchyard- I think [name]Peter[/name] is an awesome, under-used classic. [name]Timothy[/name] is nice, though I prefer [name]Thomas[/name]. Admittedly, [name]Peter[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] sounds better than [name]Peter[/name] [name]Thomas[/name].

Boy Names Suggestions:
[name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Art[/name]/[name]Artie[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]/[name]Edward[/name] nn [name]Eddie[/name]/[name]Ward[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]/[name]Chuck[/name]
[name]William[/name] nn [name]Will[/name]/[name]Liam[/name]/[name]Billy[/name]
[name]Leonard[/name]/[name]Leopold[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Whitman[/name] nn [name]Whit[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]/[name]Archibald[/name] nn [name]Archie[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]/[name]Maxwell[/name] nn [name]Max[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Ronald[/name] nn [name]Ron[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Fred[/name]/[name]Red[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] nn [name]Jazz[/name]
[name]Finnigan[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] nn Sebi/Bast/[name]Ian[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Girl
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Churchyard - I love both these names and [name]Louisa[/name] is my all time favorite girls name. I do worry that [name]Beatrice[/name] Churchyard may
be a bit of a tongue twister, what about [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] Churchyard?
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] Churchyard - I don’t like either of these names, but have to admit that they don’t sound bad together.
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] Churchyard - I think that this might be too many [name]Rose[/name], [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Anne[/name] ‘middle name’ names put together.
[name]Enid[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] Churchyard -I really dislike [name]Enid[/name] (seems so old fashioned) but am starting to thaw to [name]Francesca[/name]. What about [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]?

Boy
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] Churchyard - I adore this name!!! I think this should be your boys name!
[name]Douglas[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Churchyard - I am not a huge fan of [name]Douglas[/name] but think that [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] Churchyard sounds nice.
[name]Warren[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] Churchyard - These two names flow well together.
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] Churchyard - I think [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Peter[/name] Churchyard sounds nicer, I love both these names!

[name]Will[/name] be sister/brother to [name]Florence[/name] [name]Marlena[/name] who currently goes as [name]Flossie[/name].
*Oops didn’t read this part, scratch [name]Francesca[/name] as the first name!

My pics: [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] Churchyard and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] Churchyard.

My personal preference is [name]Beatrix[/name], rather than [name]Beatrice[/name]. To me [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] sound like they should be siblings…and if they are called [name]Flossie[/name] and [name]Trixie[/name]?? [name]How[/name] perfect is that?? :smiley:

As for boys, I would suggest [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Henry[/name] rather than the other way around and I think the nn [name]Theo[/name] is fantastic!