Curtis? šŸŽØ

Iā€™m seeking the ā€œrightā€ FN for the MN Curtis!

I absolutely adore her as a middle name. Sheā€™s sour and plucky (see: the word ā€œcurtā€ right in the beginning of her), but sheā€™s also so old-fashioned and stale that I find her totally alluring. Currently, Iā€™ve got her in my list with the first name Belle. While I love both of those, something about them together feels, perhapsā€¦ wishy-washy?

Iā€™ll put in a poll with some of my current ideas, but I also want your help: What first names would be nice with Curtis as a middle name? :strawberry:

Hopefully my UC provides some helpful insight in my tastes and faves. Thank you all in advance. Im excited as always to read your ideas!

Some Curtis Combos Iā€™m toying with are:
  • Belle Curtis
  • Rose Curtis
  • Tallulah Curtis
  • Flannery Curtis
  • Luella Curtis
  • June Curtis
  • Wilhelmina Curtis nn Willa
  • Eve Curtis
  • Scarlett Curtis nn Lettie
  • Maud(e) Curtis

0 voters

[name_u]Curtis[/name_u] is a fab middle name!!

Iā€™m loving [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_f]Luella[/name_f], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] and [name_u]Flannery[/name_u]!

A couple of suggestions:

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] (too close to Amy??)
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]

ā €ź’±ā €ā €š‡„š‡ƒ ā €įƇ :tangerine: ā € LOVE THIS as an gender neutral name since i was a child and read ā€œlittle womenā€ for the first time!! <33 i love it for boys and girls and enbies, although right now i prefer it for a girl a little more, i think. thanks for showing this name- i like it both as first and middle. i donā€™t see it often hereā €

1 Like

Is this a character youā€™re writing about? [name_f]My[/name_f] sister and I have written a series about a 1950s family with an aunt, an unmarried city woman who had a distant relationship until she married and moved near to the family who just had to be named [name_u]Joan[/name_u] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] (middle name Curtis) and sometimes just referred to as [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]. [name_u]Joan[/name_u] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] [name_u]Brady[/name_u], formerly [name_u]Joan[/name_u] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] [name_u]Wilson[/name_u].
I think this female [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] needs an old, one syllable name (like Joan); of your list, I think [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], and [name_f]Maud[/name_f] work best

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] comes to mind. I will say looking at your list I find that the multi syllable names seem to pair better. Iā€™m personally not a fan of [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] as a name but paired with [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] it gets high on my list compared to your other optionsā€¦. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote ultimately went to [name_f]Luella[/name_f].