cute or cruel?

my husband’s great grandfather was named [name_u]Rex[/name_u]. We love the name [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. so I pose the question is [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Rex[/name_u] cute or horrible because it would make him T.[name_u]Rex[/name_u]?

For me it’s not a huge deal because [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is a middle name, not surname. A bit odd, not horrific

What little boy doesn’t fantasize about being a dinosaur? I think it’s cute and makes for a great nn.

Meh. Meh. Meh.

Cruel to my eyes.

I don’t think it’s a big deal. There are worse combos you use, people will comment on it though. I have found that some adults can be cruel about things like that.

I think it is fine. I dont think it is cruel.

I think as a first and middle, it’s fine. As a first and last, NO.

I think cruel would be P. Ness or something like that. To me, T-[name_u]Rex[/name_u] would be cutesy at worst, and a cool nickname at best.

I agree with r_j. It’s fine as a first and middle, for a little boy, actually quite cute.

For a first and middle, I love it! Well not the actual name [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] but the T- [name_u]Rex[/name_u] association.

I think it’s cute. If you love it, use it!

I hadn’t even thought of the T-[name_u]Rex[/name_u] thing to be honest! People tend to write [name_m]Thomas[/name_m].R.Lastname so many won’t know it and T-[name_u]Rex[/name_u] is a cute nn if you choose to use it. It has great sentiment so go for it!X

I think it’s pretty cool actually. I imagine most little boys would find it awesome.

Fine. And T [name_u]Rex[/name_u] is a pretty cool nickname! I think the only people who might mock this would be adults.

It’s cute. I think a little boy would love it.

It’s amusing and cute. I didn’t even see the connection when I saw “[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Rex[/name_u]”. I thought you might be worried because [name_u]Rex[/name_u] means “king.” Honestly, he’d probably be [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] R. on official things. I can see certain personality types (both introverted and extroverted) embracing the “T. [name_u]Rex[/name_u]” nickname potential.

He’d be the coolest kid in class.

This.

Not just cute – let’s go adorable.

Let me suggest a T [name_u]Rex[/name_u] tee shirt like the one [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] [name_m]Pfeiffer[/name_m] wore in “[name_f]One[/name_f] Fine [name_u]Day[/name_u].”

Thanks guys, I think it’ gonna go back on the maybe list for boy names.