Cypress as a brother for Cedar...?

I have a son named [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] and I am due any moment with boy #2. This is our last child. My husband and I have struggled to find a “perfect” name for baby #2 and it’s stressing me out! I’ve started a few posts throughout the pregnancy and have gotten lots of kind, helpful suggestions. Sorry to make yet another.

My husband is now gunning for [name_f]Cypress[/name_f] and my main hesitation is that it’s somewhat feminine sounding, but I think it could work. However others have been really negative about using another tree name and it gives me pause.

I personally like the “tree theme” (my husband is a horticulturalist) and [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]/[name_f]Cypress[/name_f] trees have a lot of connections in the area where I live (coastal Cascadia). This makes me think it’s perfect for a set of brothers! However several people (including some Nameberries I respect) have said using two tree names is too “matchy” or don’t like the idea of a theme/2 nature names.

Talk to me about this - why? Would it be a huge mistake to use [name_f]Cypress[/name_f] with [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]? Is it because people will tease? Think it is corny? Any other thoughts?

THANK YOU in advance!! :-?

Concerning the name itself, I don’t think it’s too feminine sounding. It reminds me of softer sounding boy names like [name_m]Emrys[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. If you want a “theme” sibset there’s nothing wrong with that. Some people are into that, some aren’t. It’s really up to you. I personally don’t mind most themes :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh. I love this idea. I think [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] and [name_f]Cypress[/name_f] not only go perfectly but also I’m adding them both to my boy list. I say go for it! [name_u]Love[/name_u] your style!

Thank you for the feedback!!