'D' Poll

See the results of this poll: Which one’s your favourite?

Respondents: 50 (This poll is closed)

• Dorothy: 12 (24%)
  • Diana: 12 (24%)
  • Dylan: 6 (12%)
  • Delilah: 10 (20%)
  • Deborah: 1 (2%)
  • Dinah: 9 (18%)

I voted for [name]Dorothy[/name] :slight_smile: I love everything about her!

I love [name]Dorothy[/name]! And the nicknames [name]Dot[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name] are just too cute! I would probably love [name]Diana[/name] if it weren’t for the fact that I hear ‘die [name]Anna[/name]’ every time I see it. I also liked [name]Delilah[/name] but I think it will catch the next trend wave…

I like [name]Diana[/name] best–so beautiful. [name]Dorothy[/name] is lovely too.

Oooooo looks like [name]Dorothy[/name]'s in the lead! I share in your concerns about [name]Diana[/name] sounding too much like ‘die-anna’, which I’ll admit is potentially a problem but I was a fan of the late [name]Princess[/name] so it’s staying on the list!

Thanks for your replies:) Keep 'em coming!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Cordelia[/name] won the last poll? Woo-hoo!!! Go, [name]Cordelia[/name]! I had a hard time choosing between [name]Diana[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name], but in the end, I went with [name]Diana[/name], because with [name]Cordelia[/name] on my brain, I couldn’t help but think of [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables and [name]Diana[/name] [name]Berry[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love your polls! :slight_smile:

Take care!

Haha thanks [name]Jill[/name]! Your replies always make me smile:) Yes, I’m fairly certain [name]Cordelia[/name] won the ‘C’ [name]Poll[/name], I always thought it would be a favourite.

[name]Diana[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] seem to be the queens of this poll, I fear no one will appreciate [name]Dylan[/name]'s whimsical creative quality the way she deserves.

I’m staying on top of this poll! Yay:)

You take care too,

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I voted for [name]Diana[/name]. The other names are just really not my style.

[name]Alice[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], and [name]Dorothy[/name]. Definitely. They fit together. I was going to say I preferred [name]Dorothea[/name], but then I saw [name]Cordelia[/name]. [name]Dorothy[/name] is sassy and sweet, vintage and fresh all at the same time! I’m not sure I love [name]Dotty[/name] as a nickname, but it is cute - [name]Dora[/name] would work, too! Also, I prefer [name]Cornelia[/name] to [name]Cordelia[/name], for the [name]Nell[/name] nickname, but either works beautifully! Yay!

[name]Alice[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], and [name]Dorothy[/name]. Definitely. They fit together. I was going to say I preferred [name]Dorothea[/name], but then I saw [name]Cordelia[/name]. [name]Dorothy[/name] is sassy and sweet, vintage and fresh all at the same time! I’m not sure I love [name]Dotty[/name] as a nickname, but it is cute - [name]Dora[/name] would work, too! Also, I prefer [name]Cornelia[/name] to [name]Cordelia[/name], for the [name]Nell[/name] nickname, but either works beautifully! Yay![/quote]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lemon[/name]:slight_smile:

I agree; [name]Alice[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] fit together but I’m not looking for a sib-set or anything, I was just listing the winners of my other polls. They weren’t supposed to influence any decisions:)

[name]Dorothea[/name], whilst gorgeous, is a little over-powering for my tastes and [name]Cornelia[/name] sounds… slightly geeky to me for some reason. I appreciate its’ certain degree of loveliness but its’ meaning just doesn’t hold up to [name]Cordelia[/name]'s either. I do love the nn [name]Nellie[/name] and the author [name]Cornelia[/name] Funke though.

Thanks for replying:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

If your favourite ‘D’ name isn’t on the list please feel free to post it anyway!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Thanks, [name]Charlie[/name]. I always love reading your posts, and can’t believe you’re still in your teens! I’m so glad that [name]Cordelia[/name] won!!! :slight_smile: [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Eliza[/name] will make the cut for your E list? E is going to be a hard vote, because there’s [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], the [name]Eve[/name] names, and so many others…

[name]Diana[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] are two of my favorite D names, but I also love [name]Daphne[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]!), [name]Dahlia[/name], and [name]Daisy[/name].

You should do boys’ names, too!

Take care! :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Charlie[/name]. I always love reading your posts, and can’t believe you’re still in your teens! I’m so glad that [name]Cordelia[/name] won!!! :slight_smile: [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Eliza[/name] will make the cut for your E list? E is going to be a hard vote, because there’s [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], the [name]Eve[/name] names, and so many others…

[name]Diana[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] are two of my favorite D names, but I also love [name]Daphne[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]!), [name]Dahlia[/name], and [name]Daisy[/name].

Take care! :-)[/quote]

Argh my ‘E’ list is up in the air at the moment! I’m trying to keep it to six names only for each letter, just to make it fair. I can ease the decision making though by informing you that [name]Eliza[/name] won’t be making the cut, sorry! [name]Elizabeth[/name] will be there though, promise:)

Oh, I can’t believe I missed [name]Daisy[/name]! Curses. I’ve been really warming to [name]Daphne[/name] recently too but I don’t think it’s in my top 6 yet.

That’s such a good idea about doing an alphabetical boys name poll too! I had thought of that but I’m not sure if I could think of many (or any!) for some of the letters. I will work on it though, watch this space!

Thanks again for replying:) And yep, still 15! (I’ve been in love with names since I can remember)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Take care! :-)[/quote]

Argh my ‘E’ list is up in the air at the moment! I’m trying to keep it to six names only for each letter, just to make it fair. I can ease the decision making though by informing you that [name]Eliza[/name] won’t be making the cut, sorry! [name]Elizabeth[/name] will be there though, promise:)

Oh, I can’t believe I missed [name]Daisy[/name]! Curses. I’ve been really warming to [name]Daphne[/name] recently too but I don’t think it’s in my top 6 yet.

That’s such a good idea about doing an alphabetical boys name poll too! I had thought of that but I’m not sure if I could think of many (or any!) for some of the letters. I will work on it though, watch this space!

Thanks again for replying:) And yep, still 15! (I’ve been in love with names since I can remember)

• [name]Charlie[/name][/quote]

[name]Elizabeth[/name] will be there? Go, [name]Elizabeth[/name]!!! For the boys’ names, maybe you could just use three or four if you can’t think of enough good ones. Only 15? I never would have guessed it! :slight_smile:

Well, have a great night (or day)! :slight_smile:

Yay! Finally, a [name]Dylan[/name] fan! I must admit, I’m partial to unisex names for both boys and girls but [name]Dylan[/name] is one of my ultimate favourites. It’s actually to honour [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] who is one of the greatest artists of all time and its’ breezy charm sells it to me. In my opinion it sounds so fresh on a girl after hearing it on every second boy I’ve met.

I really like [name]Delia[/name] too but I think of it more as a nn for one of my favourite ‘C’ names [name]Cordelia[/name]:slight_smile:

Have a good night and thanks for commenting!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Charlie[/name]! Sorry my reply is a bit late but my computer is only just letting me vote, and I wanted to vote at the same time as commenting :slight_smile:

[name]Dorothy[/name] - I love [name]Dorothy[/name] a lot, especially it’s nicknames, [name]Dot[/name], [name]Dotty[/name], and [name]Dolly[/name] mostly. I can so see a toddler called [name]Dorothy[/name], and obviously a grandma, but I am sort of struggling to see it on a teen / young adult. I still love the name though!

[name]Diana[/name] - I really like this. I never thought about it being like Die-[name]Anna[/name], and I know a [name]Diana[/name] who goes by [name]Di[/name] (Die) and I never thought that was odd either, maybe that’s just me though. I like that you can get nn [name]Annie[/name] from it but I like it better on it’s own. I can see it on a woman of any age and some may disagree but I think it won’t get dated. I love to meet a baby [name]Diana[/name], but I don’t think I’d ever use it myself. I just don’t love it.

[name]Dylan[/name] - After I started watching Desparate Housewives, I began to really like [name]Dylan[/name]. For me, I can deal with most unisex names as long as I know of someone with the name, like I had a friend called [name]Brogan[/name], so I can totally see that as a grils name but I’ve never heard of a girl [name]Morgan[/name], I guess it’s because I live in [name]England[/name], so I actually can’t picture a girl [name]Morgan[/name]. I don’t know if that makes sense, but I do really like [name]Dylan[/name] for a girl, I think it sounds quite pretty. I also really like [name]Dillon[/name] for a boy.

[name]Delilah[/name] - Yes, so much love for [name]Delilah[/name]! I think it sounds sort of whimsical, fun and flowery. I love how many potential nicknames it has (my favourite is [name]Della[/name]) and how pretty it is without it being too-much (in my opinion) My vote is going with [name]Delilah[/name]! :smiley:

[name]Deborah[/name] - I do like [name]Deborah[/name], I think [name]Deborah[/name] sounds so friendly, well I’ve known quite a few Debbies/Deborahs and they have all been really lovely people, so it has made me like the name more than I think I would have without knowing them. There’s just something about it I’m not quite sure of, maybe it just seems like a bit of a mumsy name to me because all of the [name]Deborah[/name]'s I’ve known have been Mums? Not that mumsy is a bad thing!

[name]Dinah[/name] - I prefer this a smidgen more than [name]Diana[/name], it feels a little bit more fresh, I think. But I basically I have the same feelings about [name]Diana[/name] as I do for [name]Dinah[/name], sorry if it seems like I’m being a bit lazy with my response!

GO [name]DELILAH[/name]!

I love your polls so much! And, like [name]Jill[/name], I am definitely hoping for [name]Eliza[/name] in your ‘E’ poll! :slight_smile:

Yay for [name]Dorothy[/name]! It’s my name and I’m loving that it seems to be undergoing a resurgence these days. I used to go by [name]Dot[/name] but then after high school it was a bit too babyish for me, but then I went by just “D” and now just [name]Dorothy[/name]. I love my name!

I chose [name]Dorothy[/name] for its understated elegance. [name]Diana[/name] is my second favorite. My only problem with [name]Deborah[/name] is that – when I was growing up, half the girls my age were named [name]Deborah[/name] or [name]Debra[/name] (nn “[name]Debbie[/name]”) – so the name will probably never feel fresh to me.

I picked [name]Dorothy[/name] too, so cute!

Definitely [name]Dorothy[/name]! I just love the nn [name]Dotty[/name] :slight_smile:

I also like [name]Delilah[/name], but am wary of the connotations.