D

D

[name]Mathilde[/name]: Very pretty…
Elowen: I’m not familiar with Elowen, but I’m guessing it’s Welsh? I think I can better see some of the other names with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Dahlia[/name]: I love [name]Dahlia[/name]. I can see it with [name]Daphne[/name], but you’ll have a D theme, which may or may not bother you.
[name]Maeve[/name]: I love [name]Maeve[/name]…
[name]Genevieve[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] it!
[name]Vivienne[/name]: I love this, too…
[name]Margaret[/name]: I love [name]Margaret[/name], but I think I can better see [name]Margot[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Lila[/name]: I think it’s very pretty…
[name]Isla[/name]: I can totally see [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] as sisters…
[name]Penelope[/name]: I love it, and think it’s great with [name]Daphne[/name]…
[name]Isolde[/name]: I think it’s great, but I can better see some of the others more with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Livia[/name]: I think it’s very pretty…
[name]Eleanor[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Juliet[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Ottilie[/name]: I so want to like [name]Ottilie[/name], but I think it sounds pretty close to “oddly,” and worry about teasing. This may just be me, though!
[name]Aurelia[/name]: SO pretty!
[name]Francesca[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] it!
[name]Romilly[/name]: I can better see some of the others with [name]Daphne[/name].

More you may like:

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Quentin[/name]: I think it’s a handsome name…
[name]Spenser[/name]: I’ve only seen it spelled [name]Spencer[/name], but it feels trendy to me compared to [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Carlyle[/name]: I’m used to the [name]Carlisle[/name] spelling, but it sounds kind of feminine to me. I think that [name]Lyle[/name] is a cool name, though!
[name]Jack[/name]: I can see [name]Jack[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Quincy[/name]: I sadly only know of girls with this name…
[name]Eliot[/name]: I love [name]Elliot[/name]!
[name]Augustine[/name]: This feels feminine to me, but I love [name]Augustin[/name], [name]Augustus[/name], and [name]August[/name]!
[name]Ridley[/name]: I only think of [name]Ridley[/name] [name]Scott[/name], the movie director and producer.
[name]Arthur[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]!!! I think it’s amazing with [name]Daphne[/name]!
[name]Finlay[/name]: I love it on a boy, but I can better see some of your other names with [name]Daphne[/name].
Martyn: I think it’s nice spelled [name]Martin[/name], but the y makes it look trendy/yooneek to me.
[name]Tobias[/name]: I think it’s a great name…
Wythe: I like some of your other names better.

More you may like with [name]Daphne[/name]:

[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Willem[/name]

Surnames I can see with [name]Daphne[/name]:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] (I can see it as a middle)
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Whittaker[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]

I love so many of your names!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry that I don’t have time to reply fully, and I will do so later (three children under four are a nightmare at night time!), but I just must say that I adore [name]Daphne[/name], and that I noticed that [name]Isolde[/name] was on your list - I think this name is utterly fabulous (and it is one of my favourite stories) and [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] would, in my opinion, be nigh on my favourite sibset ever :slight_smile:

[name]Pheobe[/name]!

These are the names I like with [name]Daphne[/name]
Elowen
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]- more so for [name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
boys-
[name]Eliot[/name]
[name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
Other suggestions-
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]!

[name]Mathilde[/name] - so lovely, and perfect with [name]Daphne[/name].
Elowen - unusual and pretty, and something about [name]Daphne[/name] and Elowen is really charming. My only qualms about it would be the popularity of [name]Ellie[/name] at the moment.
[name]Dahlia[/name] - a nice name, but I feel it is too close to [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Maeve[/name] - I adore this, but I think it is rather popular, as far as Welsh names go, and perhaps not unusual enough to match [name]Daphne[/name] perfectly.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - pretty, and nice with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Vivienne[/name] - nice.
[name]Margaret[/name] - classic, and with a lot of sweet nn options, but I’m not sure if it is feminine enough next to [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Lila[/name] - nice, but it doesn’t feel as substantial as [name]Daphne[/name]. Would you consider [name]Lilian[/name]?
[name]Isla[/name] - a beautiful name, and [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are nice together, although I do prefer some of your other sibset options.
[name]Penelope[/name] - something about them having similar sounds makes me dislike this set, but it is a lovely name.
[name]Isolde[/name] - I think you know how much I adore this one!
[name]Livia[/name] - a lovely name, but ruined a little for me by the popularity of [name]Olivia[/name].
[name]Eleanor[/name] - beautiful, and a good match for [name]Daphne[/name], in my opinion.
[name]Juliet[/name] - a wonderful, classic, feminine name.
[name]Ottilie[/name] - one of my favourites, although it is quite light next to [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Aurelia[/name] - a lovely name, and wonderful with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Francesca[/name] - nice, but I personally don’t feel like it compares in beauty to [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Romilly[/name] - I’m not as fond of this one with [name]Daphne[/name].

My favourites :
[name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name].

[name]Quentin[/name] - I think this is quite nice with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Spenser[/name] - too modern, in my opinion.
[name]Carlyle[/name] - when spelt [name]Carlisle[/name], I quite like this, but I fear that it may become popular due to the Twilight phenomenon.
[name]Jack[/name] - a brilliant name, but a little ordinary perhaps next to [name]Daphne[/name]? I don’t know … [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] is quite sweet.
[name]Quincy[/name] - a brilliant, unusual choice, but the similarity in sound to [name]Daphne[/name] puts me off a little.
[name]Elliot[/name] - I don’t think this goes particularly well with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Augustine[/name] - this version is a little feminine for me. [name]How[/name] about [name]August[/name] or [name]Augustus[/name]?
[name]Ridley[/name] - the -ley ending makes this seem a little too modern to me.
[name]Arthur[/name] - a vintage classic, and a perfect match for [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Finlay[/name] - I’m sitting on the fence with this one, and it’s getting quite popular. Have you considered [name]Finnian[/name] or [name]Phineas[/name]?
Martyn - even when spelled [name]Martin[/name], I feel this is too ordinary next to [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Tobias[/name] - a wonderful name with a sweet nn, and lovely with [name]Daphne[/name].
Wythe - I’m not sure …

My favourites :
([name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name]) - I prefer the others, but this is still good
[name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name].

Good luck!

You’re welcome!

I agree that [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Ottilie[/name] would all make lovely middle names.

I think I don’t find [name]Margaret[/name] feminine because of all of the harsh sounds … and something about the ‘gret’ is just very final to me. I don’t find it masculine, either, just less feminine than [name]Daphne[/name].

There may be pronunciation issues with [name]Isolde[/name] - I think people who have little knowledge of [name]German[/name] (I speak [name]German[/name], and so automatically pronounce the E on the end) may say i-zold, however people often hear a name before they see it written down, and after one correction they normally have it (and there is always the nn [name]Issy[/name] to fall back on). There are pronunciation issues with a lot of names, though, and I don’t think it should hold you back - I have heard so many people pronounce [name]Alicia[/name] aleesh-a, and even [name]Penelope[/name] is sometimes pen-ell-ope (no EE ending).

Some combinations :
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Livia[/name] and [name]Mathilde[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Mathilde[/name] [name]Isla[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Livia[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name].

[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Carlyle[/name] is a brilliant namesake - I think I just have something against Ys in the middle of names (it’s all those yooneek spellings, ruining other names for me).

I also agree that [name]St[/name]. [name]Augustine[/name] and [name]Ridley[/name] are brilliant namesakes, but I’m yet to be won over to their names - perhaps in middle position? You seem to like religious connections - would you like me to post my favourite saints’ names? I have a list :slight_smile:

I think [name]Quincy[/name] would be a really sweet nn for [name]Quentin[/name]!

For [name]Arthur[/name], do you like the nn [name]Art[/name]? I think it’s nice, personally.

[name]Livia[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Ottilie[/name].
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Carlyle[/name], [name]Augustine[/name], [name]Ridley[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Livia[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Carlyle[/name] (I’m not sure about this, because they are all two syllables …)
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Livia[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Carlyle[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Jack[/name].

Good luck!

These are beautiful names. [name]Daphne[/name] is lovely and I especially like the Q names and [name]Ridley[/name] and [name]Augustine[/name]. “[name]Jack[/name]” is nice but it might need something with it. Maybe [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Jack[/name] or [name]Sam[/name] [name]Jack[/name]?

I love your list (you have lots of my favourite girl’s names there)
[name]Mathilde[/name]- beautiful and pairs well with [name]Daphne[/name]
Elowen- pretty, but feels v Welsh and therefore quite different to [name]Daphne[/name]- gorgeous (would definitely use this myself)
[name]Dahlia[/name]- lovely- would personally avoid same initial with sibs
[name]Maeve[/name]- love it! a fair match (better mn probbaly)
[name]Genevieve[/name]- love it!! I like this with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Vivienne[/name]- love this too! [name]Lovely[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name].
[name]Margaret[/name]- lovely classic but a bit serious compared to [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]- pretty
[name]Isla[/name]- ditto
[name]Penelope[/name]- I love this. I love it with [name]Daphne[/name] as both Greek mythological names.
[name]Isolde[/name]- pretty but I love the story more than the actual name
[name]Livia[/name]- I love this but similarity to [name]Olivia[/name] put me off.
[name]Eleanor[/name]- one of my favourite classics- beautiful.
[name]Juliet[/name]- love it! [name]Lovely[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]- pretty
[name]Aurelia[/name]- pretty, but, like [name]Isolde[/name], not as pretty as it should be.
[name]Francesca[/name]- I love this too- one of my favourites and goes well with [name]Daphne[/name] imo
[name]Romilly[/name]- pretty

Too many favourites!
[name]Quentin[/name]- like this a lot
[name]Spenser[/name]- too trendy, dislike
[name]Carlyle[/name]- Calisle is okay
[name]Jack[/name]- like this a lot even though it is popular
[name]Quincy[/name]- dislike
[name]Eliot[/name]- okay
[name]Augustine[/name]- like [name]Augustin[/name]/ [name]August[/name] a lot!
[name]Ridley[/name]- dislike
[name]Arthur[/name]- lovely vintage classic
[name]Finlay[/name]- okay
Martyn- okay, sounds a bit dated
[name]Tobias[/name]- nice
Wythe- dislike

favourites: [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Quentin[/name] and [name]Augustin[/name]

[quote=“mummyto3”]I love your list (you have lots of my favourite girl’s names there)
[name]Mathilde[/name]- beautiful and pairs well with [name]Daphne[/name]***
Elowen- pretty, but feels v Welsh and therefore quite different to [name]Daphne[/name]- gorgeous (would definitely use this myself)*
[name]Dahlia[/name]- lovely- would personally avoid same initial with sibs*
[name]Maeve[/name]- love it! a fair match (better mn probbaly)*
[name]Genevieve[/name]- love it!! I like this with [name]Daphne[/name].**
[name]Vivienne[/name]- love this too! [name]Lovely[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name].***
[name]Margaret[/name]- lovely classic but a bit serious compared to [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]- pretty [name]Susan[/name]: it will get popular
[name]Isla[/name]- ditto [name]Susan[/name]: I’m getting tired of it. Too many people love it.
[name]Penelope[/name]- I love this. I love it with [name]Daphne[/name] as both Greek mythological names.!
[name]Isolde[/name]- pretty but I love the story more than the actual name*
[name]Livia[/name]- I love this but similarity to [name]Olivia[/name] put me off. [name]Susan[/name] - love [name]Livia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]- one of my favourite classics- beautiful.
!
[name]Juliet[/name]- love it! [name]Lovely[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name]

[name]Ottilie[/name]- pretty***!
[name]Aurelia[/name]- pretty, but, like [name]Isolde[/name], not as pretty as it should be. [name]Susan[/name] says, I don’t like it because it sounds like aureola (sp?)
[name]Francesca[/name]- I love this too- one of my favourites and goes well with [name]Daphne[/name] imo*
[name]Romilly[/name]- pretty*

Too many favourites!
[name]Quentin[/name]- like this a lot***!
[name]Spenser[/name]- too trendy, dislike*
[name]Carlyle[/name]- Calisle is okay - [name]Susan[/name] says, I don’t like it.
[name]Jack[/name]- like this a lot even though it is popular***!
[name]Quincy[/name]- dislike*
[name]Eliot[/name]- okay*
[name]Augustine[/name]- like [name]Augustin[/name]/ [name]August[/name] a lot!* I love [name]August[/name] even more than [name]Augustine[/name].
[name]Ridley[/name]- dislike*
[name]Arthur[/name]- lovely vintage classic*
[name]Finlay[/name]- okay*
Martyn- okay, sounds a bit dated* really dated
[name]Tobias[/name]- nice*
Wythe- dislike, [name]Susan[/name]: me, too.*

favourites: [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Quentin[/name] and [name]Augustin[/name] - love all these.*

I mostly agree with Mummy’s comments, so much so that I am just going to add to her post but mostly leave it the way it is. I will add a star wherever I agree!
Mummy, we have the same ideas! Maybe we are actually twins, separated at birth.- [name]Susan[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Susan[/name] and hope you had a great Xmas! I always enjoy reading your opinions so I’m pleased you agreed with most of mine :slight_smile:
The comment after Elowen where I said that I would use it myself was meant to apply to [name]Daphne[/name] and not Elowen. I think I started posting and had to stop and do something else, then got confused!
Agree with you re [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. They are pretty but don’t have the history, elegance and classic nature of a lot of other names on the list. They are a little bit ‘now’. I am also a bit put off [name]Lila[/name] as it was used by a couple of ‘celebs’ including model, [name]Kate[/name] [name]Moss[/name].

[name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name], Mummy to 3! Yes, we think alike. [name]Do[/name] you live in [name]England[/name]?

[name]Mathilda[/name]!!!

[name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name], Mummy to 3! Yes, we think alike. [name]Do[/name] you live in [name]England[/name]?[/quote]

Yes, I’m in the UK.

[name]Merry[/name] [name]Christmas[/name], Mummy to 3! Yes, we think alike. [name]Do[/name] you live in [name]England[/name]?[/quote]

Yes, I’m in the UK.[/quote]

I live is Southern [name]CA[/name]. I have a great interest in the [name]East[/name] Coast of the US and in the British Isles. But I’m such a [name]California[/name] person, I have to admit it. It’s kind of embarrassing. Cold weather really bothers me plus I don’t know how to behave at formal events. But I love the architecture, trees, libraries, graveyards, and so many more things Back [name]East[/name] and in the British Isles.