Dads need help with baby girl name

Hi ladies! First time Dad here. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I are really struggling with names for our baby girl due [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]’s [name_u]Day[/name_u]. We’re running out of time! We need the ladies to chime in. Which do you prefer, [name_f]Odette[/name_f] or [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]? The last name will be Testa. Much appreciated and much love to all you mamas and mamas to be.

1 Like

I vote [name_f]Odette[/name_f]. It’s prettier, less common but well known enough in a positive way. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] Testa has too many similar sounds.

Both names are lovely although a bit T heavy for flow so they run into the last name a bit. I like [name_f]Odette[/name_f] but I think [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] works better with Test@.

5 Likes

Odette, [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f]!!!

SUPER GORGEOUS

1 Like

I vote [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]! I think the T sounds of [name_f]Odette[/name_f] Testa run into each other a bit.

Both are beautiful names, though. Congrats!

2 Likes

Oooh, so incredibly hard! [name_f]Odette[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] are such huge favorites for me. I think [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] sounds better with your surname, but I love [name_f]Odette[/name_f], and she is the more unexpected choice. (But wowza, the idea of a little baby [name_f]Odette[/name_f] makes me so incredibly happy!)

Based on flow alone, I’m saying [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], but I am such a big [name_f]Odette[/name_f] fan. I could easily be swayed by the middle names, though. :heart:

All the best!

1 Like

Odette Testa is extremely sweet. Any LO would be lucky to have such a name. I do like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], but with Testa, there would be far too many similar sounds making it a tongue-twister.

With your surname, [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]! Both are gorgeous options, though!

I am team [name_f]Odette[/name_f] as I said, but if you want something in between have you considered [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]?

6 Likes

I love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]!! [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is nice too though!

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] sounds better with your surname, imo, but both are really nice! :slightly_smiling_face:

congratulations!

I’m personally a big fan of [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - generally as well as for you! it’s a little brighter and more fun to say, and comes with a few lovely nickname options if you want them. I also find it to flow a little better with your surname. the hard t sound at the end of [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is quite tricky with the t at the start of your last name. with a softer sound (like -s s-), they blend together into one, but with the t, it becomes quite tricky to say and a bit harsh in sound. I do love the suggestion of [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] if you want to marry the two!

1 Like

Does she have a middle ??

Odette [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] Testa would be stunning

2 Likes

I like the name [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] more than [name_f]Odette[/name_f] with your last name!

I think that [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] Test@ flows better, but you have two great choices!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] as a name & the flow of [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] Testa. :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the great suggestions! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] that both names are well liked. It looks like there’s not a clear winner here. We will have a lot to discuss over the next few weeks. Thanks again!

3 Likes

I really like both but something about [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is so regal and elegant, so that gets my vote

Mmm loving [name_f]Odette[/name_f] for you! [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] flows slightly better with Testa… But maybe a middle name would fix the flow for [name_f]Odette[/name_f]? Something meaningful with 3+ syllables staying with a vowel would be a nice balance. Along the lines of [name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] or even [name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]?

I love [name_f]Odette[/name_f] but I prefer [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] with your surname.