Dahlia

My partner and I are considering naming our daughter [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]. We are both in love with the name. The only problem is that our other daughter [name_f]Violet[/name_f]'s middle names are [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. My partner sees no problem with it, since [name_f]Violet[/name_f] doesn’t go by her middle name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it would be okay? If you have any suggestions of names that sound similar to [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], please let me know.

I have 2 issues with [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] for you.
#1 would be that it is one of your daughter’s middle names. I personally wouldn’t use it as a first name for another child.
#2 is your signature says you also have a [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]? Is that correct? If so, [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] is a nickname for [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and I would find that to be confusing as well.

Names similar in style to [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]:

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]FLora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
Daffodil
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

I think if you’ve already used it as a middle for another child, then it’s definitelt out. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]'s a great suggestion, or how about:

[name_f]Posy[/name_f]
[name_f]Peony[/name_f]
Fuschia
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Thalia[/name_f]?

Personally, I wouldn’t want to share any of my names with a sibling, so I don’t think it’s a good idea. Also the other siblings could feel left out that the new baby shared their name with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and not any of them. Plus, I don’t know how old [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is, but if she is old enough she might have an opinion on the matter, so at the very least you should consult her before using one of her middle names for the new baby.

I agree with previous posters who’ve said that it’s better not to use [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]. Some parents use the same middle names for siblings, which is fine if that’s your style, but it might send the message to your other daughter that she has a “leftover” name, even if that wasn’t your intent. If you really like [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], you can use that as a middle to provide a link to her sister’s name. You can try other floral names already suggested.

Besides those, what about [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Camilla[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], or [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]?

I agree with the others that it’s not a huge problem, but better to have something unique for the sake of both daughters. I love [name_f]Diantha[/name_f] as an alternative.

I agree with others [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is defiantly out it’s your daughter’s middle name, the name has already been used. Also I am not 100% keen on using repeat initials in sibling sets I like siblings sets to either all begin with the same letter or have different starting initials. I notice you already have a ‘D’ name with [name_f]Dolly[/name_f].

Suggestions:
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] (it has the repeated initial issue)
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_u]Bristol[/name_u] & [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]

: )

Yeah i don’t think you can use one kid’s name for another. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Delia[/name_f] instead. It’s close to [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and just as pretty.

Yeah…I agree with all of the above on not using [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f].
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlina[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Darla[/name_f]