Daisy Boo

This is the name of one of [name]Jamie[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (famous British chef)'s daughters.
[name]Silly[/name], right?
In fact, I thought it was so silly that I had to start a thread on it …

Now, I would like you to imagine being introduced to a new colleague in the law firm where you work. All fine, right? Now she tells you her name is [name]Daisy[/name]. [name]Ah[/name], how nice. [name]Daisy[/name] Boo. Oh.

You wouldn’t name your daughter [name]Daisy[/name] Splat, [name]Daisy[/name] Squelch or [name]Daisy[/name] Aaargh, so why [name]Daisy[/name] Boo? Because it’s cute? Yes, until she’s nine and starts to hate you with a passion for causing her such embarassment.

Mind you, his other daughters are [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Honey[/name] and [name]Petal[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] [name]Rainbow[/name] :smiley:

i don’t know…call me crazy i guess, but i love their unique names! i guess its from being one of multiple “jamie’s” growing up. i always wanted something fun and charming instead. i agree that it might take some time to get used to an adult with that name, but they are in england where cute, quirky names abound (pippa, clover, jemma come to mind).

i’d love to be daisy boo instead of jamie allison. ick.

I think the first names are perfectly nice, though [name]Petal[/name] is my least favorite of the three. The problem is the super-cutesy middle names. Though the girls won’t use them all the time, I think it makes it difficult to have the name age with the girl.

I work at a law school and have never been introduced to any law students or lawyers using their full name except female lawyers who also use their maiden name as their middle name. Seems a silly worry. She’d be introduced as [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] which sounds fine.

I agree - I think it’s a cute name for a little girl, and once she’s an adult, she has no reason to introduce herself using her middle name :slight_smile: